• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 2, 2020

    [Showoff Saturday] My First Live Project with CSS Animation web developers

    [Showoff Saturday] My First Live Project with CSS Animation web developers


    [Showoff Saturday] My First Live Project with CSS Animation

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:53 PM PST

    Old CSS, new CSS

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:20 AM PST

    Honeypot, an alternate to CAPTCHA.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:02 PM PST

    Recently I was making a contact form and didn't really want to use CAPTCHA so I did some research and found honeypots. In my case, it would hide a text input field and if it was filled out the send button wouldn't work. Since it was hidden people wouldn't see it so it wouldn't affect them but if a bot came to fill out your form it would fill out the "honeypot" and would not be able to send the form.

    Here are some links,

    Form with it: https://github.com/dwyl/learn-to-send-email-via-google-script-html-no-server

    An article explaining it: https://www.araweb.co.uk/Safe_Contact_Form_with_Honeypot_840

    I thought this was really cool so I wanted to share it, you guys probably already know but just in case!

    submitted by /u/Mr-WINson
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday]Portfolio with backdrop made with Three.js

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:51 AM PST

    Which browsers do you target these days?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:07 AM PST

    hey guys at work I'm building webapps via a framework and the apps team handles a lot of the low level configuration etc. I just build using react and don't really think of anything else.

    I'm working on a freelance project and now was wondering what is the best practice in terms of targetting browsers. What is considered modern these days

    submitted by /u/poochimari
    [link] [comments]

    Hypens vs Underscores for image names on website

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:05 PM PST

    I was wondering if there is a recommended way to name your files, especially images? I know that hyphens are more recommended due to Googles SEO. Does this mean that images should also be: "named-like-this.jpg"?

    Various sites I have inspected seem to use different methods and naming conventions.

    submitted by /u/Elias-Wick
    [link] [comments]

    Crevolute is a discord-based community for programmers and hackers who want to share projects and learn new skills, join the CREative REVOLUTion!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:48 PM PST

    How to add a progress bar to fetch?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:25 PM PST

    I have the following Jquery code, I would like to show a loader/ progress bar to it, the query could take a minute or two, therefore I'd like to notify the user on how much time is left and when it's done.

     fetch(url) .then(resp => resp.blob()) .then(file => { if (file.size > 0) { const url = window.URL.createObjectURL(file); const a = document.createElement('a'); a.style.display = 'none'; a.href = url; a.download = filename; document.body.appendChild(a); a.click(); window.URL.revokeObjectURL(url); } else { $('#banner').html('<div class="alert alert-warning" role="alert">Error</div>'); } }) .catch(() => $('#banner').html('<div class="alert alert-warning" role="alert">Error</div>')); 
    submitted by /u/lynob
    [link] [comments]

    Colour chart

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:42 PM PST

    I wish to add a colour picker tool similar to that of photoshops to a website, how do I do this?

    submitted by /u/OAK3S
    [link] [comments]

    Working on a new JavaScript reference/tutorial site and would love feedback!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:21 PM PST

    So I've been working on this new site for a few days, but I have had the idea for months. Essentially, it's aimed at a line-by-line approach to teaching JavaScript targeted to folks who might find things like the MDN docs to be a bit too dense.

    The following is a proof-of-concept, I'm not necessarily looking for criticism about the current content, but rather the usefulness of the idea as a whole. Thank you in advance!

    https://typeofnan-tutorials.netlify.com/

    Edit: Based on some feedback, I'm already sensing I need to be clearer in the app itself that the app provides examples and, at the end of a section, it can provide a link to MDN or something similar to give more details. I'm definitely going to at least add an "introduction" to each page to set up the example and clarify that it's not an "exhaustive" use of the specified method.

    submitted by /u/nas5w
    [link] [comments]

    The Web Almanac Part 1 Chapter 1 - JavaScript

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:09 PM PST

    [Question] Suggested headless CMS for a car listing site?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:51 PM PST

    I'm looking for a headless CMS for my electric car comparison site (WIP: evdb.io), my requirements:

    • The data is stored somewhere, where I can access or backup it. It's ok if the service stores the data, but I would have a backup if there's any problem with the service.
    • Fair pricing
    • Has a basic CMS frontend, where I could add and edit new records and upload new images
    • Can handle images well (more resolution, image format based on need)
    • Flexible API to access the data

    What I don't need:

    • And frontend related capabilities (HTML, CSS, static page generation)
    • Multi-user and permission handling

    I'm evaluating two options at the moment:

    • Prismic CMS
      • Pros
        • good frontend for data schemes and edition
        • supports imgix image processing CDN
        • support 3rd party data API (but it's beta)
      • Cons
        • data is stored at prismic, I cannot store it elsewhere or back it up
        • they have a 100GB / month CDN usage limit, and it's maximum 1TB for a $500/month tier
    • Firebase Firestore + Flamelink CMS
      • Pros
        • I could continue using Firestore as my database, which is secure, backed-up and reliable
      • Cons
        • Missing image processing service (I could connect it manually)
        • Limited CMS frontend features
        • Flamelink modified my existing Firestore scheme
    submitted by /u/CsabaSzabo
    [link] [comments]

    Live text wrap around images

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:46 PM PST

    Hi,

    I have a project in mind which is highly dependent on a specific feature: live wrapping of text around a drag and drop object (image). I could only find a resource related to this and it is a video on Youtube uploaded in 2010 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYnj4Mz9g9g).

    Can you point out some resources or tell me how i can achieve this effect? I've been searching around for a while with no success.

    submitted by /u/cheerfulstalin
    [link] [comments]

    University student looking to interview a software engineer!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:10 AM PST

    I am currently enrolled in a software engineering program at my university and I would like to conduct a recorded audio call interview with someone in the industry as part of a school assignment. I would like to ask about three experiences of a bug escape at your workplace. For example, it could be a successful bug escape, a failed bug escape and a typical bug escape. Of course, this is not set in stone and I am open to any other extra workplace stories!

    Please PM me if you are interested as your help will be extremely appreciated!

    Thank you again

    submitted by /u/IMKabyL
    [link] [comments]

    Linking pages and Publishing a domain

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:41 PM PST

    A couple newbie questions. How do I link my buttons to a page without it opening a new tab? Is this because I'm currently working locally? Furthermore, when I publish my pages to a domain will I have to change the button links?

    submitted by /u/TheLastUchia1
    [link] [comments]

    First Website

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:52 AM PST

    Hello! I am on my way to create my first website, I've learned the basics of html/css js and jquery. As you can see this is all the front-end bits.

    My question is must I learn the back-end side of it to create a simple 2-3 page website with basically only a slider and text info?

    What kind of route would you recommend I take and which platforms/ hosting services I should use in your opinion?

    Thanks a lot

    submitted by /u/StrawBro
    [link] [comments]

    How to be good in web design as full stack developer

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:03 AM PST

    I can code any website but I can't make good looking. I am terrible in picking up colors, layouts and I think this design part is stopping me to start my freelancing journey

    submitted by /u/godless_metalhead
    [link] [comments]

    What to improve on a simple to do list for a job?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:47 AM PST

    I'm in the final stages of a interview and its between me and one other candidate so to try and put myself above the other person I went ahead and made a to do list using what the company uses for their design system which is ant.design. I don't have the time to make it have a full backend since I want to send it to them tomorrow so what small improvements do you think I could make if any?

    Heres the site https://antd-todolist.netlify.com/

    submitted by /u/soggypizza1
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] I used GatsbyJS and the Reddit API to re-imagine Reddit as a tech news website

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:18 PM PST

    I made a simple frontend engine for creating small (or even big) apps.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:20 AM PST

    I am bashing my head to get Git webhook to work on Namecheap VPS. Is this possible?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 04:52 AM PST

    I am trying to automate the deployment of code from github.com private repo to a webserver. From my understanding I need to setup a webhook listener on the namecheap vps? Does this listener run the post-update hook?

    Is it possible to set it up where I commit to github.com private repo, the vps receives notification and then updates the web server environment?

    Some more context, I am using Django, Python3, Namecheap VPS.

    submitted by /u/BoomBoomInThePowPow
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment