• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 20, 2020

    Original Apollo 11 Guidance Computer (AGC) source code for the command and lunar modules. Computer Science

    Original Apollo 11 Guidance Computer (AGC) source code for the command and lunar modules. Computer Science


    Original Apollo 11 Guidance Computer (AGC) source code for the command and lunar modules.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:10 PM PST

    How to calculate information gain from scratch

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:49 AM PST

    This post talks about the mathematics behind information gain and how to calculate it from scratch:

    http://theautomatic.net/2020/02/18/how-is-information-gain-calculated/

    submitted by /u/atreadw
    [link] [comments]

    Multisector, multiscale models help quantify climate change impact on energy production

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:02 AM PST

    Geoffrey Hinton & Google Brain Unsupervised Learning Algorithm Improves SOTA Accuracy on ImageNet by 7%

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 01:48 PM PST

    In the paper A Simple Framework for Contrastive Learning of Visual Representations, a team of Google Brain researchers including Hinton propose a simple but powerful "SimCLR" framework for contrastive learning of visual representations.

    A quick read: Geoffrey Hinton & Google Brain Unsupervised Learning Algorithm Improves SOTA Accuracy on ImageNet by 7%

    submitted by /u/Yuqing7
    [link] [comments]

    Grok combines Machine Learning and the Human Brain to build smarter AIOps

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:56 AM PST

    GoMVClean : full stack in a binary

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:45 PM PST

    my repository on Github

    link to example site running on my rpi

    (the example code is running with a self-signed cert, your browser will warn you.)

    people are looking at my code

    https://preview.redd.it/f6p86afrkyh41.jpg?width=745&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fa02c125bbdeb2ee476a78a2d7c948b08ce23fb2

    But I've gotten 0 feedback. Could someone look at my code and try to point out a fatal flaw or something I'm not seeing?

    I need this code to work, I have a very storage-heavy web application that I'm going to build with it.

    I chose Go because I would write in C, but I hate handling memory allocation and it's not a problem with a website because this isn't an operating system, driver, or signal processor.

    submitted by /u/AspiENTP
    [link] [comments]

    Building and analyzing an updatable dataset of content for a subreddit with Git and DVC

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:28 AM PST

    The article shows how to get a dataset of content for a subreddit, some things you can do to research the subreddit' content, how it consider each new post as a classification task for the subreddit: https://blog.dvc.org/a-public-reddit-dataset

    The dataset is a snapshot of the subreddit in its current state but it is changed over time as new content gets added, so it is possible to update the dataset with new posts - Git and DVC tools are used to package, version, and release the dataset.

    submitted by /u/okrguy
    [link] [comments]

    Shadowing is not Mutation: Functional Programming

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:54 AM PST

    How to Write a Runescape Injection Bot in Java

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:39 AM PST

    This is pretty heavy on computer science as it deals with the JVM, how it works under the hood, and how to apply the knowledge to create a bot that does what we want it to do in Java. Here's the link if you guys want to read it: https://ectotalk.com/index.php?threads/ultimate-guide-how-to-write-a-runescape-injection-bot.6/

    submitted by /u/Dternity
    [link] [comments]

    Sync between two systems which don't have timestamps for operations?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:34 AM PST

    I'm trying to build a way to sync between cloud databases/filesystems.

    The problem I'm stuck at is primarily DELETES when I don't have tombstones.

    If I have two systems A and B, and A has keys {a, b} and B has keys {b} then I don't know if a has been deleted from B or is just missing from B.

    I think the only way I can handle this is is B is a complete slave to A and I just make B consistent with A every time.

    The problem is that when syncing between two cloud systems, EITHER could be master.

    Especially systems like Google Drive and Dropbox. If I were to sync that way, without any form of tombstone, I don't know which has the authoritative copy.

    submitted by /u/brainhack3r
    [link] [comments]

    A Java app with game, login/register, friend making and chatting functions

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    I have a project on creating an app using Java that has a simple game function, a login/register interface, and more importantly, chatting service. This is for a cryptography class so my instructor asks that we put a heavy weight on cryptography, so all of the messages between users (and similar things) should be secured, and our system should be able to defend attacks like masquerade and replay.

    Here are some functions of the app:

    • The user can register and login
    • After logging in, he can play a simple game (like rock/paper/scissor, or hang-man, etc.)
    • He can make friends and chat with this friends.

    I am still unsure where to start and what to look for on the friends-making and chatting-with-friend part. Would you folks kindly suggest where I should start please?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/kienguyen3110
    [link] [comments]

    I need high level books about everything?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:16 AM PST

    As it turns out my department head things it's a good idea to make me a technical lead. Problem is.. I don't know much.

    Im already studying our internal technical documentation and have training sessions with the professionals from the individual areas but I need a lot more info about the following topics: Cloud computing, data ware houses, data management, automation technologies,....

    I don't need to know everything in detail but a high level overview would be fantastic. Is there like a holy book for those kind of things?

    submitted by /u/phpBrainlet
    [link] [comments]

    100 Days of Leetcode Challenge - Day 2

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:58 AM PST

    Day 2: Product of array except for self

    I solved and made an article with detailed explanations of

    https://developersinspired.com/2020/02/19/product-of-array-except-self/.

    submitted by /u/Meikandanathan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment