• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 22, 2020

    What is the current state of front end development? Computer Science

    What is the current state of front end development? Computer Science


    What is the current state of front end development?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 04:58 AM PST

    I worked as a pure developer some years ago (2010-2011). During that time, I wrote some C# back end code and, as it turned out, a lot of front end code well. Most of my time was spent working in HTML/CSS/JQuery. I loved the back end stuff and absolutely despised the front end stuff. It felt like I would spend endless hours messing with layout with CSS being a particular pain in my ass. I hated it so much that I quit and took an operations role instead and have continued on like that until my current systems engineering role.

    All of that said, I do love writing code and I've written a great deal of it since 2011, mostly for automating business processes or creating admin utilities. I recently applied for a master's program in computer science with the goal of possibly moving back into a full developer role. My question is this: job postings for developers almost always seem to demand front end development as part of the requirements (everybody wants "full stack" for everything it seems), but does front end development still consist of the same kind of work that drove me away last time? 10 years is a long time in IT and my hope is that it's changed to become at least somewhat more palatable. Because I'd rather spend all day punching myself in the balls than fighting with the layout of a web page.

    submitted by /u/Skjarl
    [link] [comments]

    Integer long division revisited: Now completed with theory, 4 alternative methods and divisions in binary and hexadecimal

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Polynomial reduction

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:48 AM PST

    How do I show these relationships ?

    1. hamiltonian-cycle ≤pol hamiltonian-path

    1. hamiltonian-cycle ≤pol tsp.

    Could someone give me advice on how to show such things?

    submitted by /u/Rapiz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment