• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 21, 2020

    U.S.-Iran conflict heightens fears of enterprise cyberattacks by nation states Computer Science

    U.S.-Iran conflict heightens fears of enterprise cyberattacks by nation states Computer Science


    U.S.-Iran conflict heightens fears of enterprise cyberattacks by nation states

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:16 PM PST

    How do you gain "a good foundation" in computer science?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:54 AM PST

    Hello I would like to know if someone could point me in the right direction to get a degree-level computer science understanding. Preferably without suggesting that I go back to college, hopefully some books or videos. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/pathfinder_1
    [link] [comments]

    Learn Complete Machine Learning from Scratch 2020

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 03:50 AM PST

    College student in compsci; bad at math

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:47 PM PST

    Hi all, Just wanted to know is there anyone on here who struggled or struggles with math? This is my second year in comp sci at college, and the programming comes easy for me and its so much fun, but my math classes are killing me.

    I do know that for programming, the logic can be derived from mathematical functions, etc., but when I am fully submerged in a math class, I definitely struggle, which can be discouraging.

    Anyone else like that on here? And are there any suggestions in what I should pay attention to closely vs. what I shouldn't worry about?

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/indigofire1o8
    [link] [comments]

    Help on finding resources for bitshifting

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:14 PM PST

    Hello there, so I'm a little bit confused by bitshifting and would like to know if any of you have any resources be it books, websites or video tutorials where I can find an extensive and thorough explanation on bitshifting and bits in general, thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Met4Zer0
    [link] [comments]

    How to describe run-time complexity of nested loops with two different lists?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:55 AM PST

    We all know that a nested loops over the same list is O(n^2):

    def compute(foos): quantity = 0 for foo in foos: for foo2 in foos: quantity += foo * foo2 foos = list(range(1000)) compute(foos) 

    But how would you describe the run-time complexity when you have two lists? For example say you have foos which is very large, but also have bars which is much smaller:

    def compute(foos, bars): bars = [1,2,3] quantity = 0 for foo in foos: for bar in bars: quantity += foo * bar foos = list(range(1000)) bars = [] compute(foos, bars) 

    This isn't O(n^2) right? I would assume not because n here must correspond to the foos, and O(n^2)would imply you are touching each element in foos n times, which is not happening. You are only touching each element in foos one time.

    But it also isn't O(n) - is it? Sure, you are touching each element in foos 1 time, so it kind of sounds like O(n), but you are then looping a different list for each element in O(n)...

    Is it fair to call this O(n * k) ? Where n is your big list and k is your small list?

    What if bars was list(range(1000)) instead of [1,2,3]? Would that change your answer?

    submitted by /u/chinawcswing
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get an education on the computer science field. Help?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:57 AM PST

    I am a 23 soon to be 24 loser but I want to change that, badly. I'm pretty computer literate but I spent my earlier 20's pursuing different interests and failing at all of them. I'm in a really bad spot so I feel like getting an education in the COMP sciences may very well be my last shot.

    Summarily, I'm hoping to gather opinions on the quality of schools that offer courses in the New Jersey Bergen county area if anyone lives around here, or has knowledge of them.

    I dont want to come off as lazy by asking others to spoon feed me this information, but I actually do not know where to begin in finding a good school worth the time and money, which I have very little of. I just want to be an asset instead of a leech, I just dont know where to start.

    submitted by /u/schizimoto
    [link] [comments]

    Good Computer Science Colleges

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:34 AM PST

    I'm applying as a transfer student for computer science for this fall and wanted to hear about personal experiences from the colleges you guys/gals have been too. Where did y'all go and how did you like it?

    submitted by /u/QuaratielloD
    [link] [comments]

    what is the best thesis topic for compsci student

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:05 AM PST

    what's the best thesis topic or program for a 3rd year computer science student.

    submitted by /u/handsonedevil26
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment