• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    If you learn best by doing: Try this tutorial about building a web based Rock, Paper, Scissors game using common frontend frameworks and libraries. learn programming

    If you learn best by doing: Try this tutorial about building a web based Rock, Paper, Scissors game using common frontend frameworks and libraries. learn programming


    If you learn best by doing: Try this tutorial about building a web based Rock, Paper, Scissors game using common frontend frameworks and libraries.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:40 AM PST

    Background:

    I have a self imposed indentured servitude with the bootcamp that got me started in my career. I've been mentoring there for the past several years, and while I'm primarily a backend engineer aiming to work more with architecture, this is an application I teach my frontend students. I firmly believe the only way to learn to write code is by writing code, therefore, I hope you'll code along and ask any questions in the comments.

    An ability to follow directions and a desire to get creative with the source code outside of this tutorial will yield the highest results.

    Coding a Rock, Paper, Scissors game with JQuery, Bootstrap, and FontAwesome

    submitted by /u/_davewritescode
    [link] [comments]

    What's The Best Way To Learn From a Programming Tutorial as a Beginner?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:38 AM PST

    So I recently started to learn how to program and one of my current jobs is "college prep tutor." Part of the approach that I teach my students is that if you study in the right way the test is easy. We've all have had the experience of zoning out reading a page of a book and realizing that you don't remember a single thing or getting to the test and realizing none of the questions were things that you studied. I don't want the equivalent of that with programming. So I want to share my current approach for learning how to code, specifically from programming tutorials and courses on youtube or udemy. My hope is that I can help other people to avoid that problem and if possible get feedback on my approach from more experienced developers.

    So if I understand programming correctly my goal should be to be able to translate a "desire" into code that does that. By desire I mean both a feature request ("I want this button to look like it's pressed in when I click it") and a bug report ("the website is broken, fix it"). I also picture 3 large domains existing for programming skills:

    1. Technical position at a company
    2. Freelancing building projects for clients
    3. Startup

    I believe that this goal prepares me for all 3 of these domains. If someone with more experience can contribute to say if that is the right goal or if I'm missing part of the equation I think that would help a lot because that would change my approach to learning.

    If we assume that that is a good goal then let me share how I approach learning from tutorials.

    Also as far as languages go I am using javascript for everything right now because I'm most interested in web and mobile development.

    My Process for Learning Programming

    1. So first I start off with a desire for a computer to do something.
      1. Let's assume we're building a timer
    2. I start searching for tutorials on how to do that project on YouTube. If none exist I'll look up smaller parts of the project.
      1. I find a video like this on youtube
    3. I'll build what is in the video. I take notes by watching the videos writing down steps but not coding along. My notes are formatted into specific problem solving steps with the relevant solution in pseudocode.
      1. Get Text to Display on Screen
        1. Add <p> tag to body of HTML
      2. Change that Text with Javascript
        1. Add ID to HTML and select with Javascript
        2. Use document.querySelector(#id).innerHTML to select
      3. Link that text to a variable.
        1. Define a variable with let and then set the variable equal to the text
      4. Get that variable to count up every second
        1. Set a counter and use setInterval()
        2. Set interval put the function in first, then time interval (in ms)
    4. After going through the coding tutorial I'll run through and quiz myself how I'm going to break down the problem in that pseudocode by trying to reconstruct the steps from memory.
    5. Then I'll open the code editor and start on the video's project. I find myself getting stuck for one of 3 reasons: (1) I am applying the code in the wrong way or with the wrong syntax/organization; (2) I know what I want to do but I can't remember the solution; (3) I don't know what the next "desire" is.
    6. For each I'll try to reason my way through: (1) consulting blogs and docs to see working examples, googling error codes, or checking the output of smaller parts of the function, (2) I'll use a piece of paper to figure out what I want the computer to do in pseudocode (3) I'll look my notes for the next feature request, but not the solution.
    7. If I'm still stuck I'll consult my notes on the solution with the option to reference the video if I'm completely stuck.
    8. I'll finish the coding project from the video.
    9. Then I'll start on my project trying to implement what I learned towards the solution. If I get stuck here I'll consult my former code to help me out.
    10. I'll google solutions to smaller quirks along the way if I want to do something different than the video's project.

    What I believe that the benefits of this approach are:

    1. I get a working project to tinker around with and add to my portfolio quickly
    2. I simulate the idea of a feature request and trying to reason my way through it. Which I believe simulates programming in the real world.
    3. I am working towards a completely unique program.
    4. I'm building a more general set of problem solving skills rather than brute force memorization.

    Current problems with the approach:

    1. I find myself making the same syntax error over and over again. This happens because I don't understand a concept beyond that specific application. I have thought to work with the documentation more but I'm not sure what to do with it. Do you have any ideas around this?
    2. It is incredibly slow to work through a problem like this rather than copy and pasting code and reasoning my way through understanding it. How could this be sped up? Are any parts unnecessary? When, if ever, should I just copy and paste or use existing documentation?
    3. If no relevant tutorial exists I'm not quite sure what I would do. How do you solve problems that no one has shared a solution to? I assume you draw largely on past knowledge, so is this even a problem that I should worry about as a beginner? At what point should I do something like look at a feature in a website that I like and try recreating it in code?
    4. There is no "clear progression" from novice to expert. I have no idea when I would be considered intermediate or advanced and that leads to an imposter syndrome.
    5. Unknown bug reports and errors are still causing a lot of worry for me. I can read the error code but if I don't know the answer and there's no stack overflow answer I'm screwed.
    6. I see that my goal of "turn desires into code" might miss some larger picture goals like how to decide between different ways of doing something or organizing larger projects. Can I trust tutorials to teach me the best practices for that? Should I spend time studying code? When should I learn those larger topics?
    7. I can give myself just enough rope to hang myself. I can select a project that's too advanced for me and it can take me a week to go through it.
    8. I'm not sure how interview questions fit into this. If my goal is to be able to land a job at a big tech firm when should I start drilling those problem? Should that be part of my education or should I just save that for right before I start applying?
    9. I have a gut feel like grasping more fundamental concepts in programming may be useful at some point. I've heard that CS50 at Harvard is a great course but I'm not sure when it would be useful or how it would benefit my skills.

    These are tough questions but I feel like they are critical for making sure that I'm not fooling myself or wasting time. If you're new hopefully this helps you understand how you can learn more from your tutorials. And if you're experienced please share how us beginners could learn the right skills faster.

    submitted by /u/howagain
    [link] [comments]

    is coding supposed to be confusing as a beginner?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:39 AM PST

    hey guys. I'm a beginner coder, currently using Unity C+ to make video games. at my current stage, I've been reading and watching YouTube videos on making games, but whenever I see them putting in a line of code I wonder how in the world am I suppose to put that without having to watch a video or some sort? how would I remember a line of code to make something work if theres a billion of other codes I gotta remember? dont get me wrong, I've been having a bit of fun coding, but I'm just scared I'm gonna have to be dependent on tutorials and such for the rest of my coding "career." especially when I'm really interested in video game design and trying to get into a career of that field (currently in high school).

    submitted by /u/PicklesRedd
    [link] [comments]

    How many lines of code you write in an average day?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:20 AM PST

    I know, I know... Its important what those lines do and not how many they are. Someone can do something in 100 and someone else can do the same thing in 200. Measuring the work that someone did in lines of code is bad BUT, I just wanted to know:

    How many lines of code do you write in an average day, on what language and what type of job do you do?

    submitted by /u/kokosxD
    [link] [comments]

    Good starting points to learn system design? What does a "hello world" project even look like in distributed systems?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:12 PM PST

    Hello, I'm an experienced programmer as I have held several jobs as a full-stack web developer. However I fell into the "repeating your first/second year for 10 years" trap, like literally I have 10+ years of experience and my knowledge is still very junior-ish when I perform at job interviews. I only know to build small startup apps or CMS websites for agencies where clients just need WordPress or pre-packaged e-shops. I don't know anything about software development process beyond bug fixes, smaller features and making pull requests.

    So in terms of learning I want to know more advanced concepts in particular system design for software. How all the parts work together from a birds eye view. Things that some companies expect me to know with my years of experience, but I can't grok much of the stuff because I never worked at companies that work on big ambitious projects and I don't know where to start.

    I was given this YouTube channel to learn system design: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn1XnDWhsLS5URXTi5wtFTA/videos

    But it covers many cases of system design and can't find a good starting point. And what's a beginner project for me to learn in system design?

    submitted by /u/itscripts
    [link] [comments]

    What language should I learn to create program to pull info from pdfs to other documents.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:04 PM PST

    I am being cross trained in logistics at work. There are a lot of tedious tasks that involve finding information on a pdf and putting it into various forms (bill of lading, ISFs, etc) in Excel and Word for shipping product. I want to try and create a simple program to automatically pull info for me. Is something like that possible? Hell, for all I know this is something Excel can do by itself.

    submitted by /u/Aegtaw89
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth learning c# in 2020?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:55 PM PST

    Hey everybody. I will keep it fairly short. I am a relatively new coder (learned python, little bit of java) and was wondering if c# is even worth learning. I want to make a gui for an encryption algorithm I made (in python that I would port to c#), and also (eventually) learn how to make video games in unity. I want to overall have a fairly versatile language that doesn't have too high of a learning curve. Thanks everyone for the input!

    submitted by /u/mysticteacher4
    [link] [comments]

    How in the world do I find SQLite?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:36 PM PST

    I'm trying to learn about SQL because that's what this weeks section is in my Java II class. The book and slides literally just says

    1. Start Firefox.
    2. Start SQLite Manager by pressing Alt+T (Option+T on Mac) to access the Tools menu and then selecting the SQLite Manager item.
    3. Select DatabaseConnect Database from SQLite Manager's menus. Then, use the resulting dialog box to select the SQLite database you want to open.

    Except I don't see it anywhere in Firefox when I do alt + T. I tried to search for it and something told me to right click on the toolbar, click customize, and I could find SQLite in "additional tools", which doesn't seem to exist anywhere. I'm VERY confused, how do I do this?

    Also, why do I need to use SQLite in Firefox? Is it a Firefox specific tool? I don't understand.

    submitted by /u/Missing_Back
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best possible explanation for Javascript Promises, Async-Await?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:37 PM PST

    I still can't get my head wrapped around the concept of Promises and Async await. Can you give a nice explanation with an easy-to-understand example of this? I am trying to Learn Web development and right now I am in the backend (node) phase. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dreamygeek
    [link] [comments]

    JOB POST: Interested in learning augmented reality development/joining a startup?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:28 PM PST

    Hello,

    I am the CEO and co-founder of www.veribuyapp.com, we're currently a team of four devs + me(Just learning, business background), building an online product sourcing and inspection platform looking to solidify our team for the MVP stage.

    What: If you've seen the massive rise of ecommerce, our platform is purposed to help those online stores/dropshippers and even traditional businesses find and do business with product manufacturers online. This is a major problem in a massive and growing market with no adequate solution. We are solving this by crossing augmented reality with video livestreaming to create a safe and transparent platform for buyers to find and purchase wholesale product orders. We have validated through a 200+ person survey with over 85% interest in the application.

    The job: We are looking for one android and one backend dev to join, either by contract, paid or paid/equity split.
    Android: We are looking for someone preferably with experience in augmented reality, or at least an eager interest to learn as that is our core tech. Ideally proficient in kotlin and/or java.
    Backend: We are creating a marketplace/database to store photos, videos, product listings and profiles. A skillset in at least 2 of the following is required: MySQL, SQL server, MongoDB, Postgres, Firebase, Node, Express, Laravel and token based authentication like JWT, OAuth 2, OAuth0. Also Blob storage.

    We are all from Canada and would also prefer working with someone in a similar timezone. Our deadline for a beta stage MVP is April 15th, as we will attempt to gain initial users at the "Canton Fair" trade show. Ideally interested parties should have a passion for travel and different countries/cultures around the world. Our initial target/launch market is China, however we are planning a global reach and will have a global company culture. Please message me directly or email me at [coco@veribuyapp.com](mailto:coco@veribuyapp.com) to chat. Thank you!

    ***I really hope this post is allowed*** apologies if not.

    submitted by /u/Ostnic
    [link] [comments]

    Advantages of using commands and aggregates instead of DTOs

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:03 AM PST

    I am in the first step of learning CQRS/ES and reading the book Exploring CQRS and Event Sourcing A journey into high scalability book

    I don't know why using commands and aggregates instead of DTOs can simplify locking and concurrency management in the application.

    Can you help me please?

    #CQRS, #ES, #DDD

    submitted by /u/platolittle
    [link] [comments]

    Any project ideas you like to share?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:50 PM PST

    Any project ideas you wanted to build but due to complexity couldn't do it?

    submitted by /u/oFlamingo
    [link] [comments]

    About free code camp

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:29 PM PST

    I was checking out the youtube data structures tutorial on YouTube of the free code camp and it seemed pretty decent to me.

    It's an 8 hour long video and I just wanted to how much it covers in terms of depth and does it go into dynamic programming as well?

    And your overall review of the ds provided by free code camp!

    submitted by /u/nblar
    [link] [comments]

    Python problem plz help,.... It wont show the picture... i dont understand the trace back ...can someone run it with a random picture and help me (kind of urgent)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:27 PM PST

    from tkinter import *

    e1="Ej1.gif"

    E1=['Εφαρμοσμένη Φυσική (μηχανική,θερμοδυναμική,ηλεκτρομαγνητισμός)',

    'Ψηφιακή Λογική',

    'Λογισμός συναρτήσεων μιας μεταβλητής',

    'Εισαγωγή στους Υπολογιστές',

    'Γραμμική Άλγεβρα',

    'Σύγχρονη Φυσική (κυματική,σχετικότητα, κβαντομηχανική)',

    'Ξενη Γλώσσα - Τεχνική Ορολογία']

    E3=['Ηλεκτρικά Κυκλώματα ΙΙ',

    'Πιθανοθεωρία και Στατιστική',

    'Τεχνολογία Αντικειμένων (Αντικειμενοστρεφής προγραμματισμός)',

    'Μερικές Διαφορικές Εξισώσεις και Μετασχηματισμοί',

    'Ηλεκτροτεχνικά-Ηλεκτρονικά Υλικά',

    'Ψηφιακά Κυκλώματα και Συστήματα',

    'Ιστορία/Κοινωνική Επιστήμη']

    E5=['Ηλεκτρομαγνητικά πεδία ΙΙ',

    'Ολοκληρωμένα Ηλεκτρονικά',

    'Συστήματα Επικοινωνιών',

    'Επεξεργασία Σημάτων',

    'Αριθμητική Ανάλυση',

    'Συστήματα Ηλεκτρικής Ενέργειας']

    E7a=['Ηλεκτροακουστική',

    'Ψηφιακές Επικοινωνίες Ι',

    'Εμβιομηχανική Ι',

    'Μικροκύματα',

    'Γραφικά & Εικονική Πραγματικότητα',

    'Ανάκτηση Πληροφορίας',

    'Ασύρματη Διάδοση',

    'Τεχνητή Νοημοσύνη',

    'Θεωρία Πληροφορίας',

    'Δίκτυα Πρόσβασης & Μεταγωγής']

    E7b=['Ηλεκτρικά Κινητήρια Συστήματα Ι',

    'Ηλεκτρικές Εγκαταστάσεις',

    'Ανάλυση ΣΗΕ',

    'Υψηλές Τάσεις',

    'Ηλεκτρονικά Ισχύος Ι']

    E7c=[]

    E7d=[]

    E9a=[]

    E9b=[]

    E9c=[]

    E9d=[]

    def done(selected):

    boot = Tk()

    boot.withdraw()

    boot.geometry('1000x300+400+500')

    boot.title('Αυτά Είναι Τα Μαθήματα Σου')

    boot.update()

    boot.deiconify()

    input1 = str(selected)

    ###########################################################

    if input1=='1ο Εξάμηνο':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E1)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E1)):

    T.insert(END,E1[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################

    elif input1=='3ο Εξάμηνο':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E3)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E3)):

    T.insert(END,E3[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################

    elif input1=='5ο Εξάμηνο':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E5)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E5)):

    T.insert(END,E5[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################

    elif input1=='7ο Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΕΣ – ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΤΕΧΝΟΛΟΓΙΑ ΤΗΣ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΑΣ':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E7a)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E7a)):

    T.insert(END,E7a[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################3

    elif input1=='7o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΕΙΣ ΕΞΥΠΝΑ ΔΙΚΤΥΑ ΜΕ ΑΠΕ-ΥΨΗΛΕΣ ΤΑΣΕΙΣ - ΜΕΤΑΤΡΟΠΗ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ-ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΑ ΙΣΧΥΟΣ-ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΤΕΧΝΙΚΑ ΥΛΙΚΑ-ΗΠΙΕΣ ΜΟΡΦΕΣ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E7b)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E7b)):

    T.insert(END,E7b[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################

    elif input1=='7o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΩΝ- ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΕΝΣΩΜΑΤΩΜΕΝΩΝ ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΩΝ':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E7c)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E7c)):

    T.insert(END,E7c[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################

    elif input1=='7o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΣΗΜΑΤΑ, ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E7d)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E7d)):

    T.insert(END,E7d[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################

    if input1=='9ο Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΕΣ – ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΤΕΧΝΟΛΟΓΙΑ ΤΗΣ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΑΣ':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E9a)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E9a)):

    T.insert(END,E9a[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################

    elif input1=='9o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΕΙΣ ΕΞΥΠΝΑ ΔΙΚΤΥΑ ΜΕ ΑΠΕ-ΥΨΗΛΕΣ ΤΑΣΕΙΣ - ΜΕΤΑΤΡΟΠΗ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ-ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΑ ΙΣΧΥΟΣ-ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΤΕΧΝΙΚΑ ΥΛΙΚΑ-ΗΠΙΕΣ ΜΟΡΦΕΣ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E9b)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E9b)):

    T.insert(END,E9b[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################

    elif input1=='9o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΩΝ- ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΕΝΣΩΜΑΤΩΜΕΝΩΝ ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΩΝ':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E9c)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E9c)):

    T.insert(END,E9c[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################9

    elif input1=='9o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΣΗΜΑΤΑ, ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ':

    T =Text(boot, height=len(E9d)+2, width=100)

    T.pack()

    T.insert(END,input1+"\n")

    for i in range(len(input1)):

    T.insert(END,"*")

    T.insert(END,"\n")

    for i in range(len(E9d)):

    T.insert(END,E9d[i]+"\n")

    ###########################################################10

    button1 = Button(boot,text = "Yes",command=yes).pack()

    button2 = Button(boot,text = "No",command=boot.destroy).pack()

    def yes():

    master = Tk()

    master.title('Aυτό Είναι Το Πρόγραμμα Σου')

    canvas = Canvas(master, width = 1280, height = 720)

    canvas.pack()

    my_image=PhotoImage(file=e1)

    canvas.create_image(0, 0, anchor = NW, image=my_image)

    master.loop()

    root = Tk()

    root.title("Επιλογή Εξαμήνου")

    boot = Tk()

    boot.withdraw()

    boot.geometry('1000x200+400+500')

    boot.title('Αυτά Είναι Τα Μαθήματα Σου')

    # Add a grid

    mainframe = Frame(root)

    mainframe.grid(column=0,row=0, sticky=(N,W,E,S) )

    mainframe.columnconfigure(0, weight = 1)

    mainframe.rowconfigure(0, weight = 1)

    mainframe.pack(pady = 100, padx = 100)

    # Create a Tkinter variable

    tkvar = StringVar(root)

    option = StringVar()

    # Dictionary with options

    choices = ['1ο Εξάμηνο','3ο Εξάμηνο','5ο Εξάμηνο',

    '7ο Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΕΣ – ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΤΕΧΝΟΛΟΓΙΑ ΤΗΣ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΑΣ',

    '7o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΕΙΣ ΕΞΥΠΝΑ ΔΙΚΤΥΑ ΜΕ ΑΠΕ-ΥΨΗΛΕΣ ΤΑΣΕΙΣ - ΜΕΤΑΤΡΟΠΗ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ-ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΑ ΙΣΧΥΟΣ-ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΤΕΧΝΙΚΑ ΥΛΙΚΑ-ΗΠΙΕΣ ΜΟΡΦΕΣ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ',

    '7o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΩΝ- ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΕΝΣΩΜΑΤΩΜΕΝΩΝ ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΩΝ',

    '7o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΣΗΜΑΤΑ, ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ',

    '9ο Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΕΣ – ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΤΕΧΝΟΛΟΓΙΑ ΤΗΣ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΑΣ',

    '9o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΕΙΣ ΕΞΥΠΝΑ ΔΙΚΤΥΑ ΜΕ ΑΠΕ-ΥΨΗΛΕΣ ΤΑΣΕΙΣ - ΜΕΤΑΤΡΟΠΗ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ-ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΑ ΙΣΧΥΟΣ-ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΤΕΧΝΙΚΑ ΥΛΙΚΑ-ΗΠΙΕΣ ΜΟΡΦΕΣ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ',

    '9o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΥΠΟΛΟΓΙΣΤΩΝ- ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΕΝΣΩΜΑΤΩΜΕΝΩΝ ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΩΝ',

    '9o Εξάμηνο/ΚΑΤΕΥΘΥΝΣΗ ΣΗΜΑΤΑ, ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΛΕΓΧΟΣ']

    tkvar.set('-') # set the default option

    popupMenu = OptionMenu(mainframe,option, *choices, command = done)

    Label(mainframe, text="Διαλέξτε Εξάμηνο",).grid(row = 1, column = 1)

    popupMenu.grid(row = 2, column =1)

    #button1 = Button(root,text = "-DONE-",command=done).pack()

    root.mainloop()

    submitted by /u/Ulysses_Sammoutis
    [link] [comments]

    [Python] Help interpreting map, list, and line.split

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:23 PM PST

    I am practicing reading and writing files and have come across this line of code:

    for line in data_file: line_array = list(map(int, line.split())) 

    Can anyone help me interpret what does the second line mean?

    they're using a map function and then encapsulating it within a list function?

    I've tried googling these separately, but am having trouble synthesizing it all together and figuring out what this means.

    submitted by /u/lotyei
    [link] [comments]

    How to develop an Operating system?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:18 PM PST

    Which languages should one master to develop his very own operating system and how can he do it!

    submitted by /u/FrostZTech
    [link] [comments]

    which one between front-end and back-end would you say it's "easier" to learn as a self thaught?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:20 AM PST

    I wake up with this doubt in my mind, which one would you suggest to someone who is interested in becoming a programmer? and why?

    submitted by /u/Vinsmokesnj
    [link] [comments]

    Do you use virtual machine to develop with project? I don't want to mess up my computer

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:41 PM PST

    There is always so much to install, especially python 2+3, who knows when would it breaks the computer. Also, I periodically reinstall my computer so a VM make sense since it could be backup?

    submitted by /u/gunbuster363
    [link] [comments]

    Displaying a 3D render in a web app?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:31 PM PST

    Example:

    https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb1-574/US574M1-BLANK.html?ICID=NB1HUB_574BLANK&designId=3595044

    How was this done? I think it's really cool and I'm curious about both the displaying of the model and the modifications from user input.

    Thanks gang

    submitted by /u/FlappyTheNarwhal
    [link] [comments]

    How long does it take to learn a single language? And which would you recommend me to start with?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    I'm a Mechanical Engineer student about to graduate from college and I'm very interested in programming. I have no previous experience but i would like to apply to Software Engineering in University after i graduate from Mechanical (Not sure if the transfer from Mech to Software is possible but hope so) and i would like to start studying languages during summer break. How long would it take to learn one and which do you recommend me to start with?

    submitted by /u/Stevseos
    [link] [comments]

    What is your thought process when writing your code?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:20 PM PST

    Did you start writing the code from top to bottom or instead, do you try to create functions/parts of the necessary code as you start realizing what parts are needed, which would mean you are constantly going through your code top to bottom, bottom to top etc and just implementing as needed?

    submitted by /u/Schopenhaur1859
    [link] [comments]

    python very basic help

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:50 PM PST

    hey yall so i just started in python but for the hell of me i cant figure this out, i know it first checks if "a" is equal to "i" and if it is then it does the first "if", which should then be b= 1*4 / 1 which equals four. When i print a though it gives me 1,2,4,4,8. i don't understand where it gets the "1" from or the two "4" this whole thing is just a huge mess for me. if anybody could help id be really grateful.

    a = 1

    b = 3

    for i in range(1,6):

    ............if (a == i):

    ....................b = (i * 4) / a

    ............else:

    ....................a = a * 2

    submitted by /u/Zeko2010
    [link] [comments]

    Very simple coding error. Please help

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:25 PM PST

    Why is it saying my function `computerPlay` is not defined its on line 14. But my code is clearly defined on line 48. https://repl.it/@AndersonL2/TatteredOpaqueBinary-1

    submitted by /u/Schopenhaur1859
    [link] [comments]

    Any book recommendation for deeper understanding of OS and network?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:13 PM PST

    What is a good book to get into Linux operating system and networking?

    I am a software engineer, been in the industry for about 6 years.

    I mostly work on backend systems so, setting up db schema, write business logics and provide apis.

    I wish to gain more understanding on the operating system. Since I see myself really confused by looking at CPU/memory and how it relates to scaling out my servers.

    I also wish to gain more understanding on networks, for example I run into cases where Asia users using my app is slow because my servers are setup in North America. And how people resolve those issues in different ways.

    Could you guys recommend some books or blogs on these matter?

    submitted by /u/SiegeLion
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment