• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    I made a search engine for CS/Math/EE/Physics papers. Uses state of the art machine learning / NLP techniques (Bert) for a natural language search, so it's less dependent of specific keywords and keyphrases. Computer Science

    I made a search engine for CS/Math/EE/Physics papers. Uses state of the art machine learning / NLP techniques (Bert) for a natural language search, so it's less dependent of specific keywords and keyphrases. Computer Science


    I made a search engine for CS/Math/EE/Physics papers. Uses state of the art machine learning / NLP techniques (Bert) for a natural language search, so it's less dependent of specific keywords and keyphrases.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:23 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/AEnLxK3.png

    This can be thought of as a Bert-based search engine for computer science research papers.

    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DependableGorgeousEquestrian-mobile.mp4

    https://github.com/Santosh-Gupta/NaturalLanguageRecommendations

    Brief summary: We used the Semantic Scholar Corpus and filtered for CS papers. The corpus has data on papers' citation network, so we trained word2vec on those networks. We then used these citation embeddings as a label for the output of Bert, the input being the abstract for that paper.

    This is an inference colab notebook

    https://colab.research.google.com/github/Santosh-Gupta/NaturalLanguageRecommendations/blob/master/notebooks/inference/DemoNaturalLanguageRecommendationsCPU_Autofeedback.ipynb#scrollTo=wc3PMILi2LN6

    which automatically and anonymously records queries, that we'll just to test future versions of our model against. If you do not want to provide feedback automatically, here's a version where feedback can only be send manually:

    https://colab.research.google.com/github/Santosh-Gupta/NaturalLanguageRecommendations/blob/master/notebooks/inference/DemoNaturalLanguageRecommendationsCPU_Manualfeedback.ipynb

    We are in the middle of developing much more improved versions of our model; more accurate models which contain more papers (we accidentally filtered a bunch of important CS papers in the first version), but we had to submit our initial project for a Tensorflow Hackathon, so we decided to do an initial pre-release, and use the opportunity to perhaps collect some user data in further qualitative analysis of our models. Here is our hackathon submission:

    https://devpost.com/software/naturallanguagerecommendations


    As a sidequest, we also build a TPU-based vector similarity search library. We are eventually going to be dealing with 9 figures of paper embeddings of size 512 or 256. TPUs have a ton of memory, and are very fast, so it might be helpful when dealing with a ton of vectors.

    https://i.imgur.com/1LVlz34.png

    https://github.com/srihari-humbarwadi/tpu_index


    Stuff we used: Keras / Tensorflow 2.0, TPUs, SciBert, HuggingFace, Semantic Scholar.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    submitted by /u/BatmantoshReturns
    [link] [comments]

    The Halting Problem can be decided by multi-prover entangled quantum proof systems

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:39 PM PST

    AI Listens to Panda Love Sounds, Predicts Mating Success

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:39 AM PST

    Demoted and Placed on Probation (UW lecturer for CS intro courses)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:35 PM PST

    A CS major, trying to work on quantum algorithms?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:34 PM PST

    Struggling with Final Year Project / dissertation ideas

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:08 PM PST

    I'm studying Computer Science at University, and I'm under a lot of pressure to come up with a dissertation / final-year-project idea. My last semester didn't go so well due to a multitude of factors. This has knocked me back somewhat, and I'm only a couple of weeks away from my project proposal submission deadline. I've previously been a good student, and I'm keen to claw my grades back and prove I'm still a good student.

    I'm a strong programmer and would love to teach myself some new skills! The following subjects interest me (even though I have little to no experience/knowledge in them yet): Distributed computing, machine learning, IoT, and cybersecurity.

    A large issue I've been struggling with is how to turn an idea into a research question. For example, projects should not be simply: "Make X" (such as "make a game", "make an app" or "make a website"). Instead, projects should follow a research question formula such as: "Could X be improved with Y?", "Is X possible?", or "Which X is most appropriate or solving Y?".

    I'm hoping someone out there might be able to point me in the right direction and/or provide some inspiration/project ideas. The pressure is on and I feel I'm about to break.

    submitted by /u/mpchivs
    [link] [comments]

    Introducing ‘DiffTaichi’ — A Differentiable Programming Language Tailored for Physical Simulation

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:03 AM PST

    Question

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:52 AM PST

    I'm into AI and I want to study that in college with biology (my main interest is biology but I want to study that too) there are 9 months to college and I want to improve myself from now. I have zero knowledge about computer science and I don't know where to start. Could you help me?

    submitted by /u/yusi5z15
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment