• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 4, 2020

    I created a website, which converts multi-colored images or photos into detailed svgs - let me know what you think :) web developers

    I created a website, which converts multi-colored images or photos into detailed svgs - let me know what you think :) web developers


    I created a website, which converts multi-colored images or photos into detailed svgs - let me know what you think :)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:32 AM PST

    Astuto - an open source self-hosted customer feedback tool (Link in comments)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:14 AM PST

    I made a web app for collaborative spotify queues

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:35 AM PST

    I made a web app where you can easily create a sharable, collaborative spotify queue: https://spotifyqueue.com

    Everybody with the link can then add tracks to it while it's playing. It's fair (everybody who adds tracks gets an equal change to get their songs played) and only the host of the queue needs a Spotify account. You need to have Spotify the Spotify app open on a device for it to show up, which can be a bit annoying.

    Github: https://github.com/mattiasahlsen/spotify-queue

    submitted by /u/WeirdSmartKid
    [link] [comments]

    [SHOWOFF SATURDAY] Custom 3D Air Jordan One Shoe Editor

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:28 AM PST

    Here's the link the project:
    https://labs-one.brewcrewlabs.com

    It was made for fun and I want other people to mess around with it.

    Every part of customizable with color and texture. Parts can be selected by either the bottom left carousel or hovering and clicking on the part. You can also turn smoke on or off just to have a badass backdrop. And when you've done alot, you can save your progress. Let me know how everything is!

    https://reddit.com/link/ejyob8/video/zkppcrbbgs841/player

    submitted by /u/ATLMTW
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] Job searcher

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:23 PM PST

    [Showoff Saturday] Job searcher

    It's still saturday here (Poland)

    Hello,

    I've just released version 1.0 of Job Searcher project.

    https://preview.redd.it/0qe8knh27u841.png?width=833&format=png&auto=webp&s=ac63b884d5615c1511a085f8046cdca35e13845c

    Description

    This tool works with a variety of job portal like indeed.com or Glassdoor.com - it searches through the search result pages, extract the job offers with their descriptions and headers, marks the accepted/rejected keywords and displays the summary status (if job offer is anyhow suitable or not - keep in mind that this is just a tool so it's not perfect in this term). Additionally: search settings can be saved for future reusage and emails templates can be used to speed up mailing process.

    Links

    Screens

    https://preview.redd.it/ttkwjti17u841.jpg?width=1577&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=05ff44e0894638e3f7dbaaadb8e16c8c9dc0213c

    https://preview.redd.it/bg3q9vi17u841.jpg?width=1558&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=50cd436779d2561a36ae958d68558ddda48fd871

    Info:

    Any type of bugs/issues comments/tasks are welcome. I've tested this as much as I could for now but surely there will be some issues that I've skipped.

    submitted by /u/Volmarg
    [link] [comments]

    What tecnologies are used for wep apps that could be resold

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:18 PM PST

    I mean, suppose I have a master web app that could have copies installed in differents domains (maybe the hosting should be unique, some cloud-based tecnology like AWS) with certain level of customization by the client. The main point is that the slaves web apps should receive updates and major changes should affect every clients. I am a Junior Web Developer in a small company and was having this discussion with my college friends. I Dont have a particular project to develop in mind, just became curious about how i have no idea of how a large web app works. Is the stack changes very much? Is there any Tecnology focused in projects like that? What is its name? How to begin to study about such thing? It is a very common thing when you see desktop programs (which i also have no ideia of how it works too). But I havent see much of this in the Web Development field. I dont even know how to start searching about this subject, so I came here for some help. Thanks.

    edit: I remember that the perfect example is Wordpress. You could just download the project, upload to your own domain/hosting change almost everything but its core, and you could install plugins and receive updates. So Understand How the Plataform Wordpress work should be very interesting. But i just have found how to work with wordpress :(

    submitted by /u/RevolutionaryTower
    [link] [comments]

    Wolff - My own framework for building web apps

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:55 AM PST

    Hi Guys. I made my first full stack Web app Celestial Safari which shows you the latest space news and launches. It is mobile friendly and has dark mode. Feedback is appreciated :-)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:57 AM PST

    Hi, I am a 19 year old CS student and started learning web development in October. I have been working hard on my first web app project for the past month. It is called Celestial Safari and hosted here.

    The app is build on React, Express, MongoDB and using Grommet UI.

    Screenshot

    You can sign up with a fake email to test the app.

    The GitHub repository is here.

    The app allows you to view information on space launches and build collections of them. The agencies section is still under development and I am thinking of adding more space objects to track. If you have any ideas for getting content for the website, do share.

    Also, I am looking for someone to help me setting up a great GitHub repository for this project like setting up issues and projects to make the development easier.

    If you have any questions about the web app, I will be happy to answer.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/trent1024
    [link] [comments]

    What to learn - 2020/2021

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:26 AM PST

    Hi, r/webdev! How are you guys doing?

    Well, to start: Since the age of 10, I love programming. I've started a website when I was 11yo (2011) to... teach people how to create sites - of course, through Wix, Webnode, eg: WYSIWYG website creators. Well, a bunch of stuff has happened, I've done a technical course with my high school (kind of a thing in Brazil) with... chemistry. Point is: I've started a project with flutter and fell in love again with programming. And I think I'm reasonably good at it. I enjoy programming, thinking outside the box and - trying - to debug stuff that appears messy.

    Well, I'm following (somehow) the guide that someone has put in here, linking Udemy courses with a bunch of technologies that are, indeed, really appreciated to know in 2020. Starting with HTML/CSS/vanilla js, all the way to node.js, react, scss, etc. Point is: Is there something that I'm missing? What should I know - well, what should the wanted future Junior me - know about backend, frontend, hosting, etc.? I want to be an all-rounder for now. Well, I know I won't be a full-fledge full-stack anytime soon (maybe with Firebase I'm able to speed things up, but this kinda feels like cheating... And paying more if the project grows up.). But I want to be able to interpret stuff, understand how HTTP works, what are the best practices, what should I know of design (but, also, what should I know about databases?). What are the current (and well established) technologies, frameworks, etc. that I should know to get into the industry?

    Well, as of right know, I plan to know really good HTML and CSS, understand the main stuff about JS (somewhat enough to know and do well with React/Vue/other technology?), some framework with JS (Vue, React, Angular, etc.?), Node... What about Laravel?

    I'm very practical. And also really want to in some time (2 years, maybe?) have a position on the market as assistant or junior.

    Please, if you may, let me know if I'm on the right track.

    submitted by /u/eumesmobernas
    [link] [comments]

    How can I ask a user for input and use that input as parameter for a stored procedure in a PHP script?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:50 PM PST

    For my current task I made a database in PhpMyAdmin, created a table with data : Products(id,name,city) and create a stored procedure that will actually do a query on the table to find out the product with a certain name (which will be input-ed by the user on the web page). My stored procedure is: proc_test and takes one VARCHAR paramter.

    So, how can I do this in a php script? How can i ask the user for some data, (on the site he should have like a box to type it) then click a search button, and get redirected to the page with the query results. This is my code so far:

    <?php $servername = "localhost"; $username = "root"; $password = ""; $dbname = "practice"; // Create connection $conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password, $dbname); // Check connection if ($conn->connect_error) { die("Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error); } $sql = "CALL proc_test('pencil');"; if($result = mysqli_query($conn, $sql)){ while($row=mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)){ echo $row['numec']. "<br/>"; }} $conn->close(); ?> 

    Here, of course, I manually give the parameter in the script. But I don't know how to change this and ask for a user input instead. Any help is welcome!

    submitted by /u/padynana
    [link] [comments]

    Based on your perspectives, what are the chances that at some point in the future, most web developers will be freelancers?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:47 PM PST

    If I become a web developer, ideally I'd like to work for a company, but I'm scared that that will only be possible for a certain period of time before most web developers perform their services out of house (similar to how photographers, journalists, and graphic designers are now mostly freelancers).

    Do you all think that being an in-house graphic designer will remain popular for companies long term, or will web devs eventually all be freelancers?

    submitted by /u/QuirkyExtreme
    [link] [comments]

    My little project with the RedditApi (opinions appreciated)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:53 PM PST

    Hello everyone,
    here's my little project DailyDose (currently in development). it uses the RedditApi to get random posts from popular subreddits for a digestible experience for people in a hurry.

    Do you think this would be a useful app for you? let me know about your opinions. Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/spartanUI
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a "Directions from here" widget for a website.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 11:42 AM PST

    I am doing a fairly basic brochure type website for a fishing resort in Canada. I am thinking it might be cool to have a map on the contact page that is aware of the visitors geo location. When you land on the contact page there is a message that says "you are 5 hours away from great fishing" press here for directions. Does anyone know of a pre built widget? Or is this a bad idea?

    submitted by /u/madness-81
    [link] [comments]

    I built a JS Fiddle clone.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:20 AM PST

    A couple days ago I started working on building a JS Fiddle clone and so far I made this. I'm not sure though what else to add and how to make this work even better. I have the source code here. Any feedback is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ApostOnReddit
    [link] [comments]

    What does your day to day dev look like? I can't imagine everyone here is working exclusively in Javascript.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:00 AM PST

    I'm always curious to know what others are working on during their day to day. Below is what I've been tinkering with lately.

    • Just dove head first into Sage on a new custom WordPress project.
    • I've been loving Jekyll + Forestry + Netlify fo building fairly complicated JAMStack sites that are easy for clients to edit
    • I'm trying to learn React and API development by building a To Do App
    • I've been building custom HTML email templates with Zurb
    submitted by /u/P013370
    [link] [comments]

    How shall I implement a MVC program into presentation, business logic and data access layers?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:33 PM PST

    [Showoff Saturday] Virtual Piano Web App for desktops to create and share musical ideas.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:20 AM PST

    A question about udemy from newbie

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:19 AM PST

    Hey guys I am going through Angela's Web development bootcamp. I am finding it quite interesting and wanted to ask you guys a course you would recommend after it as a next step to advance myself after Angela's course . The reason I am asking is udemy courses are right now like $11.

    submitted by /u/Rohin1212
    [link] [comments]

    Is vuejs scalable?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:30 PM PST

    I'm a laravel dev and I want to build a huge project, I know vue pairs nicely with laravel so I'm curious to know if it is scalable like react

    submitted by /u/Christos3012
    [link] [comments]

    PWA Help & Advice

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:19 PM PST

    I work for an agency as a Front-End Developer and we recently won a job to build a Progressive Web App for a company. I'm building the Front-End and my colleague is building the Back-End. There's a slight problem in the fact that I've never built one before but I've been looking for an excuse in work to use a front-end framework and build one for a very long time, so it's scary for me but also exciting.

    There's a big budget and we've got around 6 months to get it built, however I have never touched a front-end framework before so it's a big learning curve for me. My colleague is building the back-end for the PWA in Symphony and I'm looking at a Front-End framework to use, but there's just so many out there I'm unsure which one to use so was looking to see if anyone could give me any tips!

    I've done a fair bit of research already and have looked into the likes of React, Angular, Polymer, but think I'm going to go with Vue. I've been developing now for about 7 years but have only really worked with CMS'. I'm very strong in HTML, CSS, jQuery and also know a fair bit of PHP but I'd say my vanilla javascript needs work and is probably at a low / medium level. I know front-end frameworks require a lot of JS knowledge, which was one of my reasonings for picking Vue. Even after researching Vue it seems I'm going to have to learn more JS, npm and ES5. Does anyone know if this would be the same for all frameworks?

    The app will sit on a subdomain such as app.xxxxxx.com , so there will be a desktop version, but then also on their phone they will be able to add it to the homescreen and have it act like a native app.

    I just wondered if anyone could give me any tips at all in regards to this or would advise on a particular direction to begin:- Is a front-end framework even completely necessary?- Are there any videos / tutorials / courses in particular anyone would recommend?- Does Vue.js sound the best considering my background?- Is there anything on top of Vue.js such as a PWA starter kit that could help?- Any particular routes anyone would recommend?- Best place to begin?

    I know there's a lot to learn but all help is appreciated! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/matchuulol
    [link] [comments]

    Request - CSS Analysis for Scope and Compexity

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 11:47 AM PST

    Hey, can I ask someone a quick favour? I need to optimize some CSS here, remove redundancies and so forth. Can someone take a look at this codepen and offer any suggestions to improve the complexity of either the HTML, CSS or both?

    Thanks kindly!

    submitted by /u/cshaiku
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Flask + MySQL + Bootstrap + Docker template, fully integrated with Stripe subscriptions (written in Python).

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:59 AM PST

    After looking for a Flask template that seemed like a fully scalable solution, I was disappointed. As any programmer could, I decided to start making my own about 1 month ago.

    Code (MIT License): https://github.com/casperbh96/Flask-Stripe-MySQL-Bootstrapped

    I went with a microservices architecture, where one service is responsible for a limited scope of operations. It's basically built like an API in the backend, where each service need to make a request to one of the other services. This is really nice, because it enables you to scale endlessly with Kubernetes - you just scale horizontally or vertically.

    This idea originally started by me wanting to make a SaaS template specifically for Machine Learning (ML) apps. But then I realized that I just needed to make a general template that anyone could use, because you can't really make a template specifically for ML.

    I tried to keep the code as clean and readable as possible, but there is likely some slipups where I'm not consistent. Any issues or pull requests are welcome.

    Let me know if you have any feedback, or if you think this is useful!

    submitted by /u/permalip
    [link] [comments]

    Are the top devs on Codeable considered Silicon Valley-grade?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:03 AM PST

    Sorry guys, not a dev myself, hence I'm asking you.

    I'm wondering if the top developers at Codeable.io are actually considered to be the top world talent and comparable to the top developers in Silicon Valley?

    I'm not sure if that platform helps you find la creme de la creme of the tech world, or simply some reliable Wordpress Designers?

    Pardon the ignorance.

    submitted by /u/maschera84
    [link] [comments]

    How do I create a Wordpress blog from scratch?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:37 PM PST

    I'm a little overzealous and paid for a host and a domain before I knew anything (ADHD....) and I've been putting it off.

    What are the steps I need to do to create my own Wordpress blog? (or if there are directions/checklist, can someone link me?)

    Some information: I am trying to create my own blog. I know CSS and HTML (and have started building it). However I didn't do enough research beforehand so I have confused myself. I'm relatively new to webdev so there are many things I don't understand. It'd be great to get some help. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/zhuleedothething
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment