• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    FREE pixel art Wizard Character Sprites Pack with 8 animations. (link in comments)

    FREE pixel art Wizard Character Sprites Pack with 8 animations. (link in comments)


    FREE pixel art Wizard Character Sprites Pack with 8 animations. (link in comments)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:53 AM PST

    For everybody thinking about starting game development (from a fellow starter)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:38 PM PST

    Just do it. Get going. Everybody learns in a different way of course, but the most important thing is to just start. I have no prior knowledge on developing a game. I've been lurking on this sub for a long time though, always waiting, doubting. About two weeks ago I picked up a really good course and have put in good consistent hour and feel like it's starting to pay off. Well, I am still following the course, it takes more than the 20h I've put in to get anywhere, but it feels good to get results.

    The course I'm following really teaches you to find solutions for yourself, which has been very important in building confidence. With other course I started in the past, but quit soon after I felt like they were just writing code, I was following, often not understanding exactly what the code did. This course not only explains very well what each piece of code does, it also teaches you how to efficiently search online for solutions, which is super important I feel like.

    Yesterday I was on a video where we needed to look for a solution to a problem and I looked for a couple of hours, but when I got it the satisfaction felt so good, so rewarding. It's a rush. So in short, find what works for you, but most importantly, just start.

    submitted by /u/DygonZ
    [link] [comments]

    Which logo do you like the most? My game is a multiplayer shooter with cowboys vs. vampires.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:30 AM PST

    A spyware scammer started targeting my players. Here's how I dealt with him. What would you do if this happened to your players? Looking for feedback and anti-scamming solutions.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:11 AM PST

    Which camera view do you think is better? top-down ortho (red) or perspective (green)?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Gamedev Tutorial: Dot Product, Rulers, And Bouncing Balls (details in comments)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:43 AM PST

    Why is no one talking about AssetForge?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:15 AM PST

    It seems like a solid tool for programmer to create fast models and sprites. Has anyone bought it and can tell me his experiences with it? (I loved Lego at child, assetforge looks like the perfect digital counterpart )

    submitted by /u/Pandaa2610
    [link] [comments]

    How have you guys 'ductaped' your game together?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:22 AM PST

    I'm interested in hearing how you guys found some weird/stupid/simple solutions for you game making problems.

    Hopefully we can all learn from each other's past struggles.

    submitted by /u/BloomingBonsai
    [link] [comments]

    Giant frog boss is waiting for you in the game

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:51 AM PST

    FlowCanvas License Key Giveaway! (link in comments)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:18 AM PST

    Hey guys, I made a new tutorial showing how to install Android Works for Android development in Unreal if anyone has fancied building a mobile game or wants to build for portable VR (Oculus go and Quest) then this is a must.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:25 AM PST

    quick experiment in planet gen

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:41 AM PST

    How do I protect my code for an online game made in Javascript?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:32 AM PST

    For example, this game right now can be taken by opening up the console and getting the .js files.

    While I know perfect protection isn't possible, what I want most of all for my main game is for lazy copy-pasters not to claim it as their own and for the code to remain a secret to most people. So how can I prevent that?

    If it's not obvious I'm self-taught at this stuff, so forgive me for not knowing a lot of proper terminology.

    submitted by /u/CitizenPremier
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! I need a pro at exporting a Game Maker 2 Game with Xcode to test on iOS. Paid.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:43 AM PST

    We, as Corner Office Games, have released our first game "Guiding Light" on steam.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:04 AM PST

    We as Corner Office Games are a group of 18 students who have created a game called "Guiding Light". Guiding Light is a free to play, co-op adventure/puzzle game available on Steam.

    We are looking for people who want to play the game and give us feedback. We would really appreciate this. We are planning to release the first update within a week so we can implement as much of the given feedback as possible. You can download the game right now at: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203680/Guiding_Light/.

    In Guiding Light, you and a friend take on the job of rescuing stranded aliens from all kinds of sticky situations. One player is an alien who goes down to the planet to execute the rescue operation, while the other pilots the UFO to help guide the player on the ground.

    The alien on the ground plays from a first-person perspective, while the UFO hovers above and has a top-down view. These two different points of view create a unique experience, where one player has an overall idea of the level, while the other sees more in detail. This way there needs to be communication between the players so they both know what is going on.

    And most of all, have fun playing the game!

    Guiding Light trailer

    submitted by /u/Corner_Office_Games
    [link] [comments]

    Data oriented game engines

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:36 AM PST

    I really like the idea of data oriented approach. Want to get into it. Haven't found any resources nor examples for this approach(looking for c++). I have decent knowledge but want to expand and learn something new. Any suggestions/ links are welcomed. I dont know why but I cant find anything worthwhile. Nothing is made this way. I want to practice this as JaiLang will feature support for data rather than objects and I am really excited for that language.

    submitted by /u/bananagodbro123
    [link] [comments]

    How do AAA game companies plan ahead/ adapt for future console generations during long development times?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:37 PM PST

    The polygons of Another World: Sega Genesis

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Creating music for my game

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:54 AM PST

    Hey guys! Before I start, I am having a hard time describing what I want and a major reason for starting this thread in the first place is to see whether other people can help me formulate my thoughts ;D.

    Anyway, I am making a visual novel set in a fictional Asian country in the 21st century. I am trying to achieve a high degree of uniqueness so that the player has the feeling of experiencing a culture he/she has never encountered before. Now I can see ways of doing this in terms of story and visuals, however when it comes to music, my level of understanding is close to zero.

    Nevertheless, I randomly thought of the following idea: Taking ancient music available in the public domain and mixing it with modern beats (like sythwave for example), thus through a mix of historical music and modern influences achieving a unique musical style. Now, I am not planning to do this myself cause I have no musical knowledge, so I would be looking to hire an artist to do this for me. Before I can hire anyone, I gotta know whether what I just described sounds completely stupid and I am embarassing myself, or whether this is something that makes sense and is feasible.

    Thanks to anyone who responds in advance!

    submitted by /u/Jimmy_The_Goat
    [link] [comments]

    How to do 2D cone and rectangle collision detection

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 05:51 AM PST

    I'm working on a 2D RPG game and now I need to detect if players ability collides with enemy rectangle hitbox. Currently I use this code that detects if a point is within 2D cone, but I need to modify it to find if rectangle is colliding with a cone like in this picture

    submitted by /u/Unixas
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with jump cooldown in Unity C#

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Hi. I'm trying to create a cooldown for the player so he can't simply spam the jump action, but I'm having a little bit of a hard time with it.

    I'm new to C# so I'm using a few tutorials here and there to get me started. I managed to get the player to jump and have a cooldown, but it seems I can't control how much he can jump and how long is the cooldown.

    Here is my code so far, could anyone help me?

    using UnityEngine;

    public class PlayerMov : MonoBehaviour

    {

    public Rigidbody rb; public float forwardForce = 2000f; public float sidewaysForce = 500f; public float upwardsForce = 200f; public float jumpCooldown = 0.5f; public float timesincejump = 0.0f; 

    // Start is called before the first frame update

    void Start()

    {

    rb = GetComponent<Rigidbody>(); //Manipulate the body

    }

    // Update is called once per frame

    void FixedUpdate()

    {

    timesincejump += Time.deltaTime;

    rb.AddForce( 0, 0, forwardForce * Time.deltaTime);

     if( Input.GetKey("d") ) //Movement to the right { rb.AddForce(sidewaysForce \* Time.deltaTime, 0 , 0, ForceMode.VelocityChange); } if( Input.GetKey("a") ) //Movement to the left { rb.AddForce(-sidewaysForce \* Time.deltaTime, 0 , 0, ForceMode.VelocityChange); } if( Input.GetKey("space") && timesincejump>=jumpCooldown ) //Movement upwards, Y axis, currently not working properly { timesincejump = 0; rb.AddForce(0, upwardsForce \* Time.deltaTime,0, ForceMode.VelocityChange); } 

    }

    }

    submitted by /u/Skonlogick
    [link] [comments]

    NodeCanvas License Key Giveaway! (link in comments)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:47 AM PST

    Ability/Spell/Skill Name Generator

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Hey guys, I made a ability/skill name generator since I couldn't find many good ones:

    https://perchance.org/poy724ek5l

    submitted by /u/holyfot
    [link] [comments]

    How far should I branch out as an artist?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:29 AM PST

    I'm aiming to be an artist in a studio/on a team and progressing towards a Bachelor's in Fine Arts and Graphic Design. For the most part, I've just been grinding out my skills with drawing characters and environments.

    I was wondering if I would be helping or hindering myself by also trying to learn 3d modelling/sculpting+pixel art. Is there such thing as an artist branching out so far that they become too weak in any area to get employed?

    I'm not an amazing artist and I feel that I really need to focus in one area if I'm going to have any chance of getting employed. But I also recognize how much 3d art there is in the industry. I'm sorry if this isn't the regular type of post for here but I need some advice from people who work in this industry.

    submitted by /u/Tentacrook
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment