• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 30, 2019

    Best real world problems to practice for desktop development? Ask Programming

    Best real world problems to practice for desktop development? Ask Programming


    Best real world problems to practice for desktop development?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:27 PM PST

    If a whole world can fit in The Matrix, how does this matrix do the variety of calculations that normally requires a CPU with a GPU, but only in matrix/GPU form?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:56 PM PST

    Why was javascript designed as a single threaded language and are there any advantages to this type of design?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:28 AM PST

    What i need to know to write an IDE ?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:21 PM PST

    i want to create an IDE .

    submitted by /u/chevysaturn
    [link] [comments]

    hey guys can someone pls explain why it is not showing i have no errors

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:06 PM PST

    Do you think this is possible?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:49 PM PST

    I miss Windows 95. I think about developing a simple browser that never auto-refreshes a page and if a browser crashes, never re-opens the same page. I think it would be useful for some people like me who miss the way browsers were due to them never re-submitting forms and if you type a web address, that's what you get. If the address doesn't exist, you are not re-directed anywhere. You just get an empty page.

    I'm a beginner and was wondering if this is even possible or if newer versions of Windows have laws that prevent that.

    submitted by /u/Adventurous_Refuse
    [link] [comments]

    Intercom-like app question

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:26 PM PST

    Hi guys, I have a question.

    I want to make an "Intercom like" app -- in that, it loads code (through a <script /> snippet from a server, and serves it on the client page.

    My question is, on a high-level, how would I go about doing this?

    For example, if the client page has an organization id (like Intercom does), then on the server are we just generating a JS file with that id and serving that? If so, how do we auto-generate this file? I'm a bit confused about how it all fits together and any insight would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/vedehtegod
    [link] [comments]

    Programming on an iMac with remote desktop connection when travelling

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:08 AM PST

    Hello,

    As my current 13" macbook pro from 2018 gets overheated (you can literally fry eggs on it) and because of the current project requirements, I need to start up several docker containers and everything is very slow.

    I am looking into solutions and looking at aws workstation, the desktop-as-a-service paradigm gets more momentum, and it makes sense to have all the processing done somewhere else.

    I consider buying an iMac to keep at home (as I do home office 90% of the time) and connect from the mbr with apple's remote desktop client to it, while running the IDE / containers on the iMac.

    How feasible is this? How does it work if I want to do remote desktop connection from the laptop using one (or two) external monitors as well? Anyone tried this setup?

    submitted by /u/rgb24
    [link] [comments]

    Tools for flickering tests

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:50 PM PST

    HTML & CSS - Please Help

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:13 PM PST

    Hi, so for my assignment in college (UK) i needed to make a website, i used alot of resources to make my website like youtube and w3school, however ive looked everywhere to fix my problem that i have with my website, which is my navigation to switch from different pages, ive linked everything, however (this is where the problem starts) the click area to switch to the next page is way to huge, like the whole screen huge, and i have no idea why. If someone could add me on discord #Vortex1084 and help me out, ill send you my html and css.

    submitted by /u/AntiVortex_
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble understanding Design Patterns (specifically, Command Pattern.)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:10 PM PST

    A little background first.
    I've been programming for roughly 6-7 years by now, outside of my personal project in Unity, I tend to work mostly in C since it suits my style and my programming philosophy very well. Because of this, I've never really properly learnt Object-Oriented Programming, and this is causing me quite a few issues.

    So, now for my issue; I've been tasked with making a program that uses a few Design Patterns. Of which the one I struggle with the most, and my brain refuses to understand: The Command Pattern. I need to use this specifically to be able to undo actions, and to be able to export/import data. (The language I use for this program is C++)

    After searching the deepest corners of the internet for information that might make me understand it, I still have no understanding of the Command Pattern, so I would like to ask you; If you have any clear and simple videos/guides/etc. that explain Command Patterns in a way I'd understand, please do comment. I would appreciate any help massively.

    submitted by /u/BioQuake
    [link] [comments]

    Not of strip comments from a C program

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:23 AM PST

    I use an SDK that is riddled with typos, in the comments. I do not have access to the repo. Successive versions have new typos.

    I would like to create a 'nix script/program that outputs the file and line number of each typo. Hopefully the authors of the SDK would use it prior to each release to put out a better product.

    I have found examples of stripping comments from C code, but not dealing with the comments.

    Has this problem been solved before? I can't be the only one on the planet wanting this solution.

    I see one solution to be 1) strip comments, diff against original file, remove dictionary words from diff, grep original file for each remaining word. Grep outputs line numbers. Pretty heavy handed, no code just scripting.

    Python would be a possible language solution. It handles strings and has most of the 'nix diff/grep/etc tools.

    A C parser in Python would be a big help.

    How should I proceed?

    submitted by /u/Fernleaf07
    [link] [comments]

    I've written a bot in C#, I want to make a web control panel/dashboard, where do i start?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:41 AM PST

    I have written a bot for my discord server in C#. It's running on my server and I want to be able to control it remotely. I have very little experience in creating websites but i do know basics of front-end languages like html, css and js. I was thinking to maybe create a website using asp.net and connect the website and bot using pipes but i'm not sure if that's a good idea. I have zero experience when it comes to connecting back-end and front-end. Where to I start to create something like that? What's the secret? How Does stuff like that work? I need some advice.

    submitted by /u/Dodison
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between support vs statistical model in Spacy?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:17 AM PST

    I'm new to spacy and have been playing with syntax analysis for the 11 languages that work right out of the box. It lists many more (53 total) that it supports but apparently doesn't have a statistical model for...what does it mean to have language support but not a model?

    If I want to use syntax analysis on a language not in the 11 I've tried, what do I need to do...create a model? Is that feasible for a personal project with ~no funds?

    submitted by /u/Complete-Cod
    [link] [comments]

    How to test files in another folder c#

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:58 AM PST

    I have:

    projectFolder:

    --programFolder

    -----program.cs

    --testFolder

    -----tests.cs

    im using nunit for tests.cs but i cant seem to access my program.cs class/methods from here, how do i do this in my tests file?

    The type or namespace name could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

    submitted by /u/Ev3ryb0dy_Li3s
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for a third party app to autofill credit card information without actually taking me to the website or would it think it's a bot?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:33 AM PST

    I have an idea for an app/browser extension, but I have no programming experience. I want to pay someone to create the app but I want to make sure it's possible first. One of the main proponents of the extension is that it autofills credit card information into websites that I never actually visited. To clarify, they would have their info saved into the app/extension and the app would go to these websites and fill in the cc info without actually showing it on the screen. (There is much more to the app than this but this is just one of the tools). I know that chrome and safari have autofill options but they all only work if you're actually on the website, is it possible to autofill through a third party app/extension. Or will it just think the app is one of those bots and start IP banning people who use it.

    submitted by /u/Sedinoo
    [link] [comments]

    On the go programming

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:23 AM PST

    tl;dr: I need a way to program on the go without a laptop in dotnet core, how?

    I will go on a trip without a laptop, more going without a laptop is more of a: I don't have a working laptop at the moment, I will spend 1 month in another place visiting family and I would want to code on any computer, thing is, I program video games and also have a cross platform server/client app that I am working in my free time.

    What can I do, I don't have the time to actually repair my laptop and don't have the money to just buy a new one?
    Cloud base IDEs or Something like that?
    I program C#, dotnet core 3.0.100

    submitted by /u/RimuDelph
    [link] [comments]

    I don't use Python. Can these files be deleted from my .bash_profile?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:21 AM PST

    PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:${PATH}" export PATH ## # Your previous /Users/harfunmaterials/.bash_profile file was backed up as /Users/harfunmaterials/.bash_profile.macports-saved_2018-01-05_at_23:16:08 ## # MacPorts Installer addition on 2018-01-05_at_23:16:08: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts. export PATH="/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH" # Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts. 

     

     

     

     

    submitted by /u/mementomoriok
    [link] [comments]

    How to develop Android app from Django website.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:38 AM PST

    I have a Django website and want to build an Android app for that. Should I have to learn Java for that or should I prefer Kivy for development. Please suggest me.

    submitted by /u/webappy
    [link] [comments]

    Can you run multiple HTTP servers from the same process?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:39 PM PST

    Basic question. Can I make multiple servers in C++ in the same program and have them communicate with each other?

    submitted by /u/NoMoreSoftwareGore
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment