• Breaking News

    Friday, October 4, 2019

    I've made 100+ totally free Low-poly food models you can use in any project!

    I've made 100+ totally free Low-poly food models you can use in any project!


    I've made 100+ totally free Low-poly food models you can use in any project!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    Hey! As always, the packs are posted first on my twitter.

    Hope you like them and use them in any project! (If you use them send me screenshots! i'd love to see that)


    If you want all the packs in one file or specific models for your game i've made a Patreon!, and i would love if you could support me with a dollar there, it would mean a lot!

    Here's my website if you want to check it out, the packs are there too


    Preview


    Includes:

    • 100+ Food Items (FBX, OBJ and Blend formats)

    Download


    Past Weeks:


    RPG Items and Icons

    Ultimate Nature

    Animated Tanks

    Modular Dungeon

    Modular Trains

    Animated Alien

    Furniture

    Animated Women

    Animated Men

    Easy Enemies

    Buildings

    Animated Dinosaurs

    Car Pack

    Platformer Pack

    Animated Robot

    Farm Buildings

    Medieval Weapons

    Animated Monsters

    Posed Humans

    Animated Knight

    Farm Animals

    Sci fi guns

    Civilization Buildings

    Animated Fish

    Modular Street

    Ships

    Modular Dungeon

    Spaceships

    Animated Zombie

    Animated Woman

    Animated Man

    Furniture vol.2

    Buildings

    Animated Animals

    Medieval Assets

    Animated Guns

    RPG Assets

    Junk Food

    Nature textured vol.3

    Public Transport

    Airplanes

    Cars

    Nature

    Holiday pack

    Pirate pack

    Animated animals

    Furniture vol.2

    Snow Nature

    Bushes

    Clouds

    Spaceships

    Suburban Pack vol 2

    PowerUps

    Food

    Potions

    Desert

    Medieval Weapons

    Guns

    Space

    Furniture

    Cars

    Nature Vol.2

    Nature Vol.1

    Houses

    Trees


    License: CC0: Public domain, completely free to use in both personal and commercial projects (no credit required but appreciated).


    If you have any questions or problems tell me, i also have my Twitter DMs open! I'll gladly help as soon as i can. If you want you can follow me on Twitter.

    submitted by /u/QuaterniusDev
    [link] [comments]

    KFC Dating Sim developer reveals how much Kotaku charges for quoting their review

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    Sorry macOS users, but Apple has gone too far for some of us devs

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    Things you outsourced - was it worth it?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    Hi! What things have you outsourced from your game development and was it worth it?

    Trailer making, music, character art, etc.

    What are some things you outsourced and were you happy with the results/was it worth it/would you do it again?

    submitted by /u/omgsoftcats
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a video or the name of something surreal...

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 02:17 AM PDT

    A while back a friend sent me a video of someone demonstrating what I believe was their own game engine which demonstrated a very strange concept. It's going to be difficult to explain and I think you'll only be able to direct me to the right place if you've heard of it before.

    Basically, the video demonstrated physical space being condensed or stretched into something that isn't possible. For example, imagine a hill with a tunnel that goes through it and is angled slightly upwards. You go through it and once you exit you find yourself lower than you started, even though you were going uphill? I believe another example was a square building that had 4 rooms if you moved clockwise throughout the rooms, but only 3 if you moved anticlockwise.

    I understand this could be a confusing explanation, but there is a name for this and it's become frustrating that I can't remember or find it. I'm sure it will be of interest to many of you if someone knows what I'm talking about and we can find the video in question. Thanks!

    EDIT: After looking for a very long time before posting this in defeat, I found it immediately after. What I was talking about is known as Non-Euclidean Geometry. If you haven't seen this, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEB11PQ9Eo8

    submitted by /u/RollRollParry
    [link] [comments]

    How to achieve glow effect in Unity using shader graph

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 08:04 AM PDT

    Earlier this year I listened to peoples advice and “Just dived in”

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 04:04 AM PDT

    Hi I'm Jimmy, I lurk here occasionally. One of the most common things people would say here on how to start is, "Just do it", I did, and here we are. It's been quite the journey but I finally developed my own game solo, its now been published on Playstore! In my 21 years of living on this earth I don't think I've ever been so proud of myself, because I actually accomplished something.

    However there are a few things I'd like to make some people that are completely new to this aware of, before just diving in, things that I wished I had known before going "lol YOLO":

    1) Have a scope

    Seriously this might save you a lot of time. The only reason my project took me 6 months to make was because I kept adding things that I thought would be a great addition. Do I regret it? Nope. Not having a scope allowed my project to evolve drastically into something better, it also helped me learn things out of my comfort zone. But if I had a clear vision on what I planned on making, I definitely would have finished this in a shorter span of time.

    2) Know what a privacy policy looks like and know where you will put yours.

    I'm not a lawyer. If you're like me then honestly your best option is to look at various privacy policies from games using the same third party services as you (Unity ads, Unity analytics etc. in my case), don't copy and paste from them though because that's against copyright. And if you're not sure about where to put your privacy policy (assuming your publishing a mobile game, where you'll need to link one) there are a bunch of free options available to you:

    • Google sites (I use this)
    • A page on BlogSpot dedicated to this
    • Google docs

    I learnt this from an article on Medium, which goes into more detail about this, I cant seem to find the link anymore (I'll edit it in when I do)

    3) Make sure your software is up to date

    This was a pain, just as I was about to submit my apk to google play, I get an error saying I need a higher target android API. After fixing this I then get an error saying my project is in 32 bit and google play wanted it to be 64 bit. To fix this I had to get a newer version of Unity and migrate my project to that, a few code errors later I was finally done. So yeah make sure your stuffs up to date before you start.

    4) Know how you're going to market your app

    I just got published a while ago and thought, my app would automatically be visible, NOPE. I couldn't find it, because it had literally no downloads, even when I typed the name letter for letter. Unfortunately I have no way of tackling this issue properly other than r/playmygame. I do often see some posts here on the topic, but for now I'm just content that I have something to showcase.

    Now I know to a lot of you this seems like common sense, but I honestly hope this helps someone just starting out, to at least make it easier for them. But I also do recommend just diving in because its from the mistakes you make and hardships you go through, that you'll learn new things. Thats all, have a good day.

    submitted by /u/Jimmy-Jims
    [link] [comments]

    Willing to pay for PR and Launch Business Advice/Consulting

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I'm launching a game soon and if you have experience in the indie game field, we willing to pay for an hour of time.

    We are aware of GDC talks and other similar resources, but would really like to talk with some people with recent experience launching an indie game or working at a publisher for indie games.

    Please contact me at nick@collective.gg if you're interested. If you know someone else who might be interested, please send them my information.

    We are pretty flexible on price and whatever you think is appropriate should be fine.

    submitted by /u/NickCollective
    [link] [comments]

    Good tutorials for procedural dungeon generation?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:39 AM PDT

    I had been digging for good tutorials for making procedural generated dungeon. There are many great one out there but seem to have some limitation too. Anyone have a recommendation?

    submitted by /u/csnemesys
    [link] [comments]

    Journey into GameDev has been a ton of fun! Things are finally getting more stable too. Still a lot of testing, I'll give Reddit Gold to anyone who can get on the Top Coins Earned Scoreboard, just share a screenshot.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:10 AM PDT

    Babylon Weekly Video: Using External Assets

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    Awesome N64 Development - For All Your N64 Dev Needs!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    Finding a lost archive of 600+ FREE sound effects?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 05:33 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, yesterday I was browsing OpenGameArt and I stumbled upon a sound effect (https://opengameart.org/content/2-wooden-squish-splatter-sequences) that seemed of pretty decent quality for a free sound effect and that suited my needs perfectly (pretty sure I've heard it in games too).

    I tried going on the website to find out if they had more sounds but unfortunately, the only way to do so is through web archive and therefore all the links are dead https://web.archive.org/web/20100307021017/http://www.johannespinter.com/inu/ljudbank.htm

    Do you guys think it would be possible to somehow get a hand on the other sound effects listed on the page? If they are of similar quality & free to boot I figure that would be a good start to making a nice sample library. Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/Jordo76
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Making of about Game

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    Hello everyone !

    I'm passionate about game's making of like the one about For Honor, about God of War reboot or about indigame.

    Do you know similar documentaries ?

    Thank you a lot and happy weekend !

    submitted by /u/Castelange
    [link] [comments]

    Am I coding wrong? (Unity C#)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    Hello, I have been developing a software in unity with C# that predominantly is user interface based something equivocal to an RPG maker. I have ran into a problem where I am having to write well over 10 thousand lines of code to perform the simplest task.

    For Example a player chooses an icon for a game object. That game object has 100 possible symbols it can be. I have an integer change from 0 to 1 because they picked the first option. I have to write an if() statement for every single possible value that int could be based on their selection from 0 to 100 to make matters worse there are hundreds of things the user can change, EACH with said 100 if statements.

    Could it be my lack of knowledge and simpleton style of coding is why I have to spend so much time on a simple task?

    Essentially I have my entire program built around voids that change hundreds of integers when a user interacts with the software and picks options, and millions of if statements for all the possible outcomes on each and every game object. I only code with integers, public voids, and if statements. Is there an easier way? A better way? I would greatly appreciate any advice or direction on how I could be coding in a way that better interacts with Unity.

    submitted by /u/mburket64
    [link] [comments]

    How We Got Over 50mil Downloads and 1mil DAU Organically

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    The new and improved way of sharing your code / assets in Unity (Tutorial in Comments)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    What is a tutorial you would like to see?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 12:23 PM PDT

    Hello guys!

    I was wondering if there was some particular topic that people interested in developing games are curious about. There are many tutorials on many topics obviously and I have created a few already. I am willing to do some kind of Q&A or a specific tutorial video so if you have any ideas and suggestion I would love to hear them!

    PS you can check my yt channel with tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UConFhy0ZXPRHPREOJzm5Hcw

    submitted by /u/ian_j_burr
    [link] [comments]

    FLECS -- Entity Component System with A Super Power! (thanks Gamefromscratch!)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 10:46 PM PDT

    How to distribute demos on the internet without being sketchy?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    https://i.redd.it/tuz2sq1tlkq31.jpg

    I certainly wouldn't want to download an .exe from a random person online. How do you guys distribute demos?

    submitted by /u/perdew1292
    [link] [comments]

    Rethinking Morality Systems in Game Design | How Game Designers Examine Morality using Mechanics, Systems and Narrative

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    Keeping a devlog really usefull?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Do you think keeping a devlog (on a blog, youtube channel or forum) is really useful? What do you get out of it?

    If yes what plateforme do you recommend and when do you start? (At the very beginning, as soon as you have something to show or towards the end?)

    submitted by /u/gobhniu
    [link] [comments]

    Composer ready to work on a new project. Read for details.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    How an iOS developer built an alternative App Store for the iPhone

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment