• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 31, 2019

    I made an avatar picker for my app's sign up flow using React.js web developers

    I made an avatar picker for my app's sign up flow using React.js web developers


    I made an avatar picker for my app's sign up flow using React.js

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:30 AM PDT

    ELI5: What is a "headless" CMS and when should you use one?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 05:48 PM PDT

    Inspect This Snake

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    What makes someone a "junior dev", specifically?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:53 PM PDT

    Is it if they don't really know how to code all that well? Is it if they don't know how to research things on their own? Is it if their current stack doesn't measure up to those of intermediate / senior devs? Is it if they don't have good "good practices" fundamentals?

    What are the criteria that define a junior developer, and what aspects of a developer separates juniors, intermediate, and senior devs?

    submitted by /u/john_wildemire
    [link] [comments]

    I'm just going to leave this here.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    I'm just going to leave this here.

    Anyone got a time portal to the future? (from a job posting on Linkedin probably from someone in their HR department, but still...)

    https://preview.redd.it/b9sx654p9wv31.png?width=510&format=png&auto=webp&s=6f5f5dce314a14440e4b05670b2c222324148059

    submitted by /u/jokerpunditz
    [link] [comments]

    Wat do webdev companies charge maintenance fees for?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    Hello

    I very often hear that webdevelopment companies still charge monthly fees to their customers once the website development is done and it is online. Except for hosting and domain name renewal, what else do they charge such recurring fees for?

    submitted by /u/technical_questions2
    [link] [comments]

    Shape Detection API: a picture is worth a thousand words, faces, and barcodes

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    Amplify CLI enables creating Amazon Cognito User Pool Groups, configuring fine-grained permissions on groups, and adding user management capabilities to applications | Amazon Web Services

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    Is it possible to use an online-accessed JSON as a CMS?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    Ideally, I would like to do something like the following.

    • I would like to store JSON files at my website domain.

    • My website built with Vue will load the JSONS that are present. If 1 JSON is present, 1 will be loaded. If 2 JSONS are present, 2 will be loaded. Et cetera.

    • Each JSON contains information for a blog post with keys like 'title', 'category', 'important', 'animatable', 'firstparagraph', 'secondparagraph, 'thirdparagraph' et cetera.

    • Based on these JSONS, the website will be constructed.

    The end goal is that every time I want to update my website, I don't have to do anything except upload an additional JSON file.

     

    A few of my concerns:

    • Will doing this make my website much slower than normal?
    • Would it be better to upload the JSONS at my website's domain, or some other domain? (Perhaps a CDN)
    submitted by /u/mementomoriok
    [link] [comments]

    Should my team invest the time to correctly write semantic html?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    The company I work for paid a freelancer to program the new website we re-designed. It's a pretty big company which basically sells construction elements (business to business) but not yet online.

    The code was very sloppy, html and css, so I am trying to convince the new developing in-house team to fix this so that the html is semantically correct. We work with scrum so I want one of the sprints to include this fix, which I will be doing (correcting the html and correcting the css which is sloppy and not mobile first).

    My arguments are that the marketing team will benefit from this because SEO will be great and increase sales, or at least increase web site views greatly.

    My team argues that it is not necessary because all the hype and articles about google indexing based on semantic html being correct is just hype and BS and that google only needs a sitemap and a <title> tag for it to be enough.

    They don't want me to include in the sprint because they want me to focus on designing the new admin panel that will be a long project.

    Are they in the right here? Is semantic html overrated? The articles from A list apart, for example, are too old to use as reference. But I learned by reading lots of articles that back this up and that it is the correct way to doing things.

    (Basically not all <p> and <ul> are correct and are used as <divs> instead and lots of <p> could be <h1>... there might be a few other more extreme examples but basically I'll leave it at that)

    submitted by /u/nicomoto2014
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb question probably, I am sorry in advance. I am using zeit's now, on a node app. It's breaking at deployment because it wants a build script. I don't know what to put in the build script.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    I have start and dev in my package.json but what do I put in build to make this thing happy? it's basic javascript, html, express

    submitted by /u/BobLazarChangedMe
    [link] [comments]

    wondering if anyone can help me with the circled ones- no idea how to start

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    Any sources for news about internet and internet innovations?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:23 AM PDT

    How to loop through certain animation keyframes on load and proceed with the animation when the page is loaded up.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    I made this canvas animation that transitions from a loading icon to something else.

    I'd like to loop through certain keyframes of the animation as the page is loading and when the rest of the page loads, continue with the rest of the animation. I'm not quite sure how to go about that so I'd appreciate some input.

    submitted by /u/ioannis221
    [link] [comments]

    I want a career where a significant amount of the working day is learning and applying. Is this a good field to go into?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    What template languages do you use and why?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Former front-end dev coming off a 3-year layoff, how is React used nowadays in projects vs. Angular?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I've been getting back in and learning React and retooling my skills. So far I like it and it's been easy to understand, but I'm still not sure how exactly React has replaced Angular as the "it" front-end tool. Specifically, if we're thinking in MVC terms and React is the view, how are you guys managing the model and the controller? Are front ends being built with MVC architecture in mind, or has the paradigm changed altogether? Or have React and Redux replaced Angular and everything else altogether on the front end? Specifically, I'm wondering what are best practices for using React as your front end and how to manage callouts to APIs and front-end logic.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/j00bigdummy
    [link] [comments]

    Is it ok to stay in web development if you generally loathe the process and are only in it for the end result?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    I've been really debating this a lot. The process vs. the result. I think I'm finally more admitting to myself that I actually dislike the majority of the process of making a web site/application. For me, I just want to have the working app or prototype or functionality on the other side. I want to solve a specific problem. That's why I develop/code.
    The process is mostly just endless tedious task after endless tedious task.

    Is it ok to stay in web development if you generally loathe the process and are only in it for the end result?

    Does anyone else here face this dilemma?

    submitted by /u/coolrivers
    [link] [comments]

    WordPress devs, do you build with existing themes for clients, or custom build from scratch or starter theme?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:30 AM PDT

    I've done both for freelance clients; a few using starter themes like Sage or Underscore, a few using a visual builder like Elementor or Cornerstone. Usually I would only use a visual builder if the client wants to be able to make changes themselves later without code.

    What do you think is best practice?


    Follow-up because the consensus seems to be build from scratch:

    Do you use a starter, and whats the best one? As I mentioned I've used Underscores a few times which seemed pretty good for a barebones boilerplate

    submitted by /u/motodup
    [link] [comments]

    How do you format your ajax calls?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 12:42 PM PDT

    How do you format your ajax calls?

    Do you format them (for example) this way?

    { "meta": { "status_code": 200, "error": false, "message": "" }, "data": { "Hello: " World" } 

    }

    or this way?

    { "Hello": " World", "error": false, "message": "" 

    }

    or how do you format them?

    I'm currently rewritten my current project and I have a shitty format (the second from this post) and I hate struggling with it. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Myzel394
    [link] [comments]

    Box alignment and overflow

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    Names.co.uk charging fee to transfer domain out

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 03:46 AM PDT

    I want to transfer my .co.uk and .com domains to Cloudflare, as names.co.uk are wanting £40 for their renewal.

    When I want to transfer out, the names.co.uk registrar is asking for £10+VAT for fees!

    Is this not illegal? ( https://www.names.co.uk/support/1153-transferring_a_domain_name_away_from_namesco.html )

    Can I do anything about this

    submitted by /u/trojanrob
    [link] [comments]

    How can i go from Junior Dev to Senior [ or just to improve my skills]

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:50 AM PDT

    there's a chance that ill be out of job in the next 3 to 4 month and would like to improve my skills and chances of employment

    this is what i already know [i already have 1 and 8 months of web Dev experience with main focus on back-end stuff ]:

    Languages:

    • Php: intermediate;
    • Css: very Basic;
    • Html: Basic;
    • c#: very Basic;
    • Java: Basic;
    • Python: Basic:

    Libraries | framework :

    • Laravel: intermediate;
    • Synfony: intermediate;
    • Angular:Very Basic;
    • React: Very Basic;
    • ExpressJs: Very Basic to Basic;
    • Bootstrap: Basic;
    • Jquery: Basic;

    is there any Syllabus, Subject, Libraries, Framework, Courses, Softskills, Certificate, Project or any skill you recommend me to focus on to improve

    submitted by /u/rcm005
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment