• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 28, 2019

    Hosting a game server locally with NodeJS Ask Programming

    Hosting a game server locally with NodeJS Ask Programming


    Hosting a game server locally with NodeJS

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    Hi folks,

    I am trying to make a simple game for me and my friends to play. During that process, I started to wonder how the other players would access a locally hosted server without the server hoster needing to port forward.

    So is there any way to someway create a game server that is accessible from other players computers(non-LAN) in NodeJS without the need to manually port forward?

    submitted by /u/Kakebiten
    [link] [comments]

    What's wrong with my function?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 10:13 PM PDT

    Not sure why I'm getting unexpected number when I input a number and try to call below function.

    function test (a) {

    console.log(Number(a) * 7); 

    }

    submitted by /u/cantorwitz
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with using Jupyter (Google Colab) for AI training

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:43 PM PDT

    I'm actually using Google Colab (which I read is the same as Jupyter), because of the built-in Tensorflow/Keras.

    I'm trying to recreate this GitHub project and I have a few questions. I've never used Colab or Juypter and I'm wondering:

    1) How to deal with multiple files. I need to run the main file, but what do I do with the other .py files? Do I need to have it open in the notepad or can I simply have then uploaded in the same folder?

    2) I'm getting an error when I run the main file which says:

    ipykernel_launcher.py: error: no such option: -f An exception has occurred, use %tb to see the full traceback. SystemExit: 2 

    Does anyone know what that is/how to fix it?

    I'm new to AI training and Google Colab in general so any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MrMegaGamerz
    [link] [comments]

    Initializing with {} vs initializing with ()

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:43 PM PDT

    What's the difference between initializing with "()" and "{}"? Are these equivalent: const size_t SIZE(13) and const size_t SIZE{13}?

    submitted by /u/unboxedicecream
    [link] [comments]

    default_random_engine vs rand()

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    What's the difference between default_random_engine vs rand()?

    submitted by /u/unboxedicecream
    [link] [comments]

    python code help

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 08:27 PM PDT

    how would i put a raw input with the while function

    a = raw_input("number between 1 and 10: )

    while 1 <= +a+

    ^^

    i also tried +str(a)+ but that did not work im very new to python and would like to learn

    submitted by /u/itzguno
    [link] [comments]

    Binary Conversion Question

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    Why does 11011000001111011101111000101100 = Ø=Þ, when I converted it when it should equal an emoji?

    submitted by /u/Michael12390
    [link] [comments]

    Any developers using curved display in portrait orientation?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 02:30 PM PDT

    Hi all, I prefer my dual 27" monitors in portrait mode. I'm looking to buy a pair of curved screens because I think I'll be able to see more at the very top and bottom than I do now. Does anyone prefer this kind of setup with curved display(s) in portrait orientation?

    submitted by /u/jftf
    [link] [comments]

    python

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    i made a port scanner in python and it works it shows open ports but when my friend used it it works better it was showing at least double the amount of open ports. i was wondering could this be my code or my network? i have even change timeout to be longer and still no difference

    submitted by /u/itzguno
    [link] [comments]

    Any hot new procedural languages? Or entirely new paradigms?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 03:16 PM PDT

    Looking for a new non-OOP language to try, ideally something concise and enjoyable. I'm an old shell/perl hacker, if that helps. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/randomqhacker
    [link] [comments]

    Question about JQuery and HTML validation

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    How can I restrict the input to only be in between 2 and 15 letters? It has to be in regular expressions.

    <input type="text" required pattern="\\\[a-zA-Z\\\]\\\*" />

    Thanks beforehand!

    submitted by /u/yoshimi7su
    [link] [comments]

    Help to decide best backend as a service option

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    We are a web/mobile front end focused startup.

    We have a couple of back ends in our portfolio, but they are not so crowded, so we don't have issues with too many users at the same time and so.

    We are working on a service now with a global target and it'll serve many request per second, so performance is an important matter here.

    Been saying that we are looking for the best option for backend services without worry for the infrastructure side of the things.

    Not looking for the cheapest service but instead the easiest to manage until we have a focused devops team for it.

    Can you give me an accurate advice on this?

    The backend stack will be NodeJs based.

    submitted by /u/ellocosau
    [link] [comments]

    Difficulty with code question in C language

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    For the 3rd Problem Set at Harvard's EdX class, I'm having trouble figuring out how I'm supposed to store variables, if the variable would have the same name.

    Like I want to check if candidates[i].votes is bigger the 1st time, than the 2nd time, than the 3rd time, etc. and I'm not sure about how I'd go about coding that myself? Any insight would be great.

    https://cs50.harvard.edu/college/psets/3/plurality/ is the problem set;

    and

    void print_winner(void)

    {

    string winner;

    int previousvote = 0;

    for (int i = 0; i < candidate_count; i++)

    {

    previousvote = candidates[i].votes;

    if (candidates[i].votes > previousvote)

    {

    winner = candidates[i].votes

    }

    else (candidates[i].votes == winner)

    {

    }

    is my code.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/bpeemp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment