• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 27, 2019

    Humans Don’t Realize How Biased They Are Until AI Reproduces the Same Bias, Says UNESCO AI Chair Computer Science

    Humans Don’t Realize How Biased They Are Until AI Reproduces the Same Bias, Says UNESCO AI Chair Computer Science


    Humans Don’t Realize How Biased They Are Until AI Reproduces the Same Bias, Says UNESCO AI Chair

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    Rope: Data Structure used by text editors like Sublime to handle large strings

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    Periodic Review for outsourced cloud-based computerised systems, applications and infrastructure

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 12:40 AM PDT

    Need material on system design prep for an interview

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 11:31 PM PDT

    I need materials to help me prepare for an Amazon interview, system design and requirements

    submitted by /u/enginerd298
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between heuristic and metaheuristic algorithms?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 01:10 PM PDT

    While I'm reading about those two, the only difference I found between them is that metaheuristic algorithms go 'beyond' or are on a 'higher level' than heuristic algorithms. But my question is what is the real difference between the two?

    And a second question is, how would you define heuristic and metaheuristic algorithm? I just can't find a reasonable explenation of the two.

    submitted by /u/papi_ajnc
    [link] [comments]

    I will be starting school probably in spring or fall 2020 for a degree in computer science with a concentration on cyber security. Could someone give me any advice or things you’d wished you’d know going in?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 06:49 PM PDT

    Resources for understanding security protocols in practice and in theory?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently started a job as a backend software engineer and want to develop some of my knowledge of the security standard involved in practice in software engineering. I'm sure i'll learn more over time at my job, but since I'm a new grad I don't think they'll have me working with securing our infrastructure for the moment.

    Is there a book or resource you'd recommend for learning the foundations of security standards and protocols and how they're used in industry. It seems most online resources offer a very high level overview and don't really get into the details or actual example usages. Ideally, I'd like to learn more about things like HTTPS, TLS/SSL, mTLS, OAuth/OICD, LDAP, encryption standards, and whatever else I don't even know about. I guess a lot of these are terms I've heard these last few months at work and I'm only kind of sure of how they work/are used in practice. I've read wikipedia and other online articles about how they work but I'm still not cofident in my understanding of them. Thanks

    submitted by /u/FoodChest
    [link] [comments]

    How to get better?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 12:42 PM PDT

    I just finished up at a Uni with a CS degree but am awful at programming. I cant even do a leetcode problem without looking up the answer. How do I get better? I need a better grasp of the fundamentals on how to write a function and dont want to spend money on enrolling in classes. What do I do, what free resources can I use?

    submitted by /u/gemenem10194
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment