• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 31, 2019

    As someone who thought they were pretty good at creative coding, can I just say: what the fuck web developers

    As someone who thought they were pretty good at creative coding, can I just say: what the fuck web developers


    As someone who thought they were pretty good at creative coding, can I just say: what the fuck

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Blackjack game I built using React and TypeScript

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    I started making YouTube javascript tutorials based on what would have helped younger me

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    I'm still learning the ins and outs of screen casting, but I'm super excited with how it's going and I love teaching. Would appreciate hearing what you think and if you have any topic (or other) recommendations.

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-3WU7dH0dvZ5BkSSI7zK_w

    submitted by /u/ctrlaltdelmarva
    [link] [comments]

    I couldn't find the meal planning app I wanted, so I made it myself!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 02:42 PM PDT

    My first extension for Chrome (Homey: Home page for Google Chrome)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 12:49 AM PDT

    Do you feel like desktop web dev is fun and creative but developing for mobile just sucks

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    I feel the limitations of mobile so much and everything seems dumbed down to the point of needing to over simplify everything.

    You guys ever get comfortable with mobile development?

    submitted by /u/Mancowpig
    [link] [comments]

    Recently discovered this really creative 404 page

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    [Beginner Project] Expecting feedback on my first Web Dev project. Hugely appreciated!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    Harnessing the power of Mixins in Angular

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    Impostor Syndrome vs the Dunning-Kruger Effect

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 09:01 AM PDT

    Long API response time after form submission (Wordpress + Stripe)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    I have an e-commerce Wordpress site that uses Stripe as a payment system. I have a form on the user's account that they submit, which triggers an API call to Stripe to set up subscriptions. The problem is that many subscriptions might be added from the same form, which leads to multiple API calls and a very long response time. After the user submits the form, they are sometimes stuck on a loading page for 10+ seconds.

    Right now, I have my Stripe API call triggered off of a form submission (action hook). I don't actually need to set up the Stripe subscriptions right away since there is no immediate payment required, but I do need to update the user meta with the subscription Id once the call is made; however, all of that is hidden from the user. Is there some way I can separate the API call and response from the form submission so that the user immediately sees the update to their profile right away? Would it be best to just store all of the information about the subscriptions in the user's meta and then just do a batch stripe API update at night? If so, what's the best way to schedule a batch update in wordpress?

    submitted by /u/uybdetsoP
    [link] [comments]

    On Docs, DX, and Developer Happiness

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    Lightweight admin dark theme

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    I'm considering using a lightweight css framework such as pure, milligram and the like. Are there any theme sites dedicated to those frameworks? All I keep finding is bootstrap stuff.

    submitted by /u/djierp
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Namecheap and Netlify

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    Need help with Namecheap and Netlify

    Hi guys,

    about two months ago I tried to connect a Namecheap domain to the hosted site on Netlify. Somehow I can't figure out how to get the settings right. I've followed a tutorial on youtube and the one that Netlify provides on their website but I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    These are my configurations as of now.

    Namecheap configuration

    Netlify configuration

    submitted by /u/slowsad
    [link] [comments]

    A jQuery windows 98 recreation that I love too mush

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    Website security ELI5

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    When is website security important? What are the basics of website security? Can someone give me an ELI5 of website security if I'm hand coding everything for a portfolio

    submitted by /u/Hashbringingslasherr
    [link] [comments]

    Payment integration with our SaaS Software

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 02:30 PM PDT

    We are building a dashboard for user management with payment integration.. I am wanting to integrate stripe with my software but someone has Said me that the stripe payment integration requires business to be 1 year old.. is that true?? Isn't there any alternative way??

    submitted by /u/prickhunter
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for getting started/learning the basics?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 02:29 PM PDT

    First off, I am sorry if this question gets asked an annoying amount or if it breaks the sub's rules. If there is a different place I should be posting this, just let me know and I'll take it down.

    Anyway, I was hoping to get some advice on where to start out. I am planning, at some point in the not too distant future, to go back to college and I am really thinking of trying to get into a web development program. I know the bare-bones of HTML and CSS but that amounts to basically nothing as far as I can tell, and I don't really want to dive into something like this blind. The issue I'm coming up against seems to be that there are too many resources out there and I don't have the basis to tell what is quality and worth the time/effort/money and what isn't.

    What would you suggest someone do to get started on the basics? Are there any tutorial programs out there that are particularly good or particularly bad? Any advice on how to figure out if you'd like to pursue front-end, back-end or full stack development? Just any advice in general?

    Thanks for your time and consideration!

    submitted by /u/CatTaxAuditor
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] - I made my portfolio into a web app where the user gets to choose their own experience.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    In the future, I think there is going to be an app for everyone so I made my own. I wanted to create something very original. Please check out my portfolio site and let me know your thoughts.

    https://www.herbieduah.app/?whom=reddit

    (Pssssst: It is a pun generator when you flip it into landscape mode on mobile.)

    submitted by /u/dherbsta
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] Built a Chrome Extension that Displays IMDb Scores on Netflix. Any Suggestions?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 10:37 PM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] Please critique my function that highlights text matching a search query

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 01:58 PM PDT

    This function executes on page load. It parses the URL for filter string value, and uses this value to find td elements that contain this value as a substring (case insensitive). It skips td elements that contain images. It highlights the substring in each matching td, and changes the background color.

    I would like feedback. Thank you.

    $(function(){ $('td').each(function(){ let cell = $(this); let cell_data = $(this).html(); let filter_string = window.location.href.substr(window.location.href.indexOf("search=") + 7); let filter_regex = new RegExp(filter_string, "gi"); let match_exists = filter_regex.test(cell_data); let filter_is_empty = (filter_string == ""); let contains_image = (cell.find(" > img").length > 0); if (match_exists && !filter_is_empty && !contains_image) { let matches = cell_data.match(filter_regex); let background_color = "cyan"; $.each(matches, function(index, value){ let match = new RegExp(value, "gi"); let highlighted_match = "<mark>" + value + "</mark>"; let highlighted_cell = cell.html().replace(match, highlighted_match); cell.html(highlighted_cell); cell.css("backgroundColor", background_color); }); } }); }); 
    submitted by /u/darthbarracuda
    [link] [comments]

    un needed whitespace

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    http://www.getdurrani.com/

    At the windows near the bottom of the home page, i have a showcase under the buy/sell buisinesses. its connected to a database and its displaying images from the db. but the images arent displaying correctly. theres alot of whitespace on the top and bottom that are not included in the origional image file

    submitted by /u/mitch1618
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment