• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 2, 2019

    Mentoring in all programming languages Computer Science

    Mentoring in all programming languages Computer Science


    Mentoring in all programming languages

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 03:35 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm Julian and I have started a discord for you to be mentored in almost all languages. We currently have about 900 members. Everything is free so I hope it isn't seen as excessive self promotion. All I care about is helping others and guiding you through the hard times of software development.

    Basically you can request exercises and submit them to get feedback. We also recommend study material and answer questions. Last but not least you can join group projects to get real life experience.https://discord.gg/bhSwuDS

    submitted by /u/programmerjules
    [link] [comments]

    Art of the Problem posted new series on Deep Learning

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 05:47 PM PDT

    Algorithm that rearranges an array of points so that points are "close" to those in another array?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    I'm not sure how to explain this, so I'll just give a formal description. (I'm using exponents as indices because they're easier to make than subscripts).

    Let X, Y ⊆ Rk, with X = {x1, ..., xn}, Y = {y1, ..., yn}. We want to find a partition σ : {1, ..., n} → {1, ..., n} such that Σi(|xi - yσ(i)|2) is minimized.

    What's a fast algorithm to do this?

    Is it easier if k = 1 or k = 2?

    submitted by /u/SpaghettiPunch
    [link] [comments]

    Slightly off topic but help needed.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 12:42 AM PDT

    Hey,I am a high school student and am confused between computer engineering and computer science as a major. I thought the best way to clarify the differences between the topics is to ask it to someone from the actual community.

    I love math and also like physics.I know little of computer science or engineering as my school has a Very sloppy program in CS.But I find it to be fascinating enough to enroll in an external course.If someone could clarify what is common and what are the differences between the two subjects in a lucid manner, it would greatly help me.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CD-ImTheYeeee
    [link] [comments]

    A lost funny comic on big steps in cs learning

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    Some time ago I saw a comic on teaching cs compared to mathematics. It showed something like a lesson 1 with some elementary mathematics and immediately after a lesson 2 with quite advanced things like differential equations or similar. The caption said "if mathematics were taught like computer science". The joke is funny because there actually is a tendency to have big leaps in complexity in cs courses.

    I'm unable to find it again, does anyone remember it or can find it?

    submitted by /u/adarkar
    [link] [comments]

    Boolean expressions simplification

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 05:34 PM PDT

    Hello, I new to this reddit and was seeking some help regarding simplifying a Boolean expression.

    https://ibb.co/j5LH4CZ

    I was wondering if my simplification is complete or can I get a more simplified expression, thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/BodyCountVegan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment