• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 30, 2019

    ICANN removes price caps on .org domains despite thousands of comments (98.1%) against web developers

    ICANN removes price caps on .org domains despite thousands of comments (98.1%) against web developers


    ICANN removes price caps on .org domains despite thousands of comments (98.1%) against

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    Just gotta say let's encrypt is awesome

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 02:27 AM PDT

    I usually get my certs from Namecheap and was aware of let's encrypt but holy crap it was easy as hell

    Read my apache.conf listed out all domains... wow

    I donated a bit to them so good

    edit: damn transparency required hmm - maybe just a little delay seems to have fixed itself

    man this is cool, PWA working, network off, very good very good

    submitted by /u/crespo_modesto
    [link] [comments]

    Can I build my own websites and hire server space to host them without having to pay a plan for each website like on Shopify and Wordpress

    Posted: 29 Jun 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    Is there a site or playground where i can improve my javascript knowledge by completing small tasks ?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 03:16 AM PDT

    Sorry if my question is not clear. English is not my first language.

    submitted by /u/anonymousguy271103_1
    [link] [comments]

    How to make Prettier work with ESLint

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 08:03 AM PDT

    I've been working on a pomodoro timer as a project. Would appreciate some feedback!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    I've created a chrome extension that I think has the potential to be monetised, how do I stop people just taking the source code and sharing it around?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    Continuing the title it's similar to other programs that already exist that charge roughly $100 to purchase, my extension offers the same functionality (if not more stable) that these programs do and I've already got people interested.

    The problem is that from what I understand getting the source code of an extension is VERY easy once its installed, so cracking and distributing it would be trivial.

    Any advice on stopping this, I'm guessing code obfuscation is the best if not only way to do this? If so can anyone recommend me a good way to obfuscate, any dos and do nots, any services or resources that might help etc.

    submitted by /u/AllWoWNoSham
    [link] [comments]

    How they actually do this?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 02:01 AM PDT

    Hello guys! Found this illustration here: https://youtu.be/t_gxMijaQLs?t=78 I am wondering: how these guys are doing this? There are doing this in some kind of Illistrator and exporting it as html/css? Or they just handcode all the things? They are just so amazing!

    submitted by /u/a_antoci
    [link] [comments]

    Book recommendations for manager with design (print) background

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    My manager has mostly been leading print design projects, but now he needs to be part of the team creating big web based system. Are there any good books to learn about software development in general for a person with this kind of background?

    Edit: I might have described his role a bit wrong. By him being part of the team I mean as a leader and not a developer. To me, to successfully lead a team, you need to understand basics of what those in your team are really doing and what needs to be done to deliver successful project (I have many recruiters contacting/interviewing me having no idea what I really do). For example, developers are not just writing code, we need to plan things, figure out the solution for given problem, write tests, documentation, etc.

    submitted by /u/ajheeger
    [link] [comments]

    How to have multiple services in different languages share a single auth backend?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 03:37 PM PDT

    Lets say I have services written in python and java. I want users to login once and have access to both services. How do I go about it? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/netok
    [link] [comments]

    How important is it full server-side HTML generation in a web framework?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    I've been working on Kweb as a personal project for several years now.

    It's a Kotlin web framework that automatically manages server-browser communication so the programmer doesn't have to worry about it.

    When Kweb receives a HTTP request it responds with a small HTML file including optimized generated javascript instructions for building the initial DOM, and a client which connects back to the web server via a WebSocket. The client then waits and listens for instructions from the server.

    I've been considering whether Kweb should render the HTML server-side, only relying on JavaScript after the initial page render.

    I've heard that, while most modern crawlers do parse JavaScript, not all do - and thus there may be some practical benefits to this approach.

    Is this approach preferable, or does it really matter in 2019?

    submitted by /u/sanity
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I learn the handiest uses of JavaScript for webdev?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 03:29 PM PDT

    I feel like I'm limited by not knowing at least SOME JavaScript so what are the most useful things you can do with it on the web and where is the best place to learn how to do them?

    submitted by /u/drawmer
    [link] [comments]

    Is a portfolio enough or should I also build a dedicated web development site?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    Hi all

    I currently have a portfolio with info about me, a few things I have built, my skills and then ways to contact me.

    Wondering if it's worth setting up a dedicated site? My portfolio is under my name which is pretty uncommon so I can't really seo it.

    I have an empty ICDSoft server kicking around, and a name I can buy off Namecheap. Also seems like a fun project for the summer, and I'll be able to advertise what I offer to clients and get more seo hits.

    Is it worth it? Pretty tight on money, so that's why I'm asking, but I'm at the stage where I'm getting a decent amount of traction.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DipperDolphin
    [link] [comments]

    How do you send different emails to varying account types in wordpress

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get users who sign up as a professional to get a specific type of email chain and those who sign up as others to get a different email chain. More complicated question is how do I send a specific type of emails based on custom registration questions.

    submitted by /u/Arkairos
    [link] [comments]

    If Figma is compiled to JS, why aren't they worried about someone simply copying their JS code, changing a few small things, and easily creating a competitor site?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    When is the best time to transfer a domain name?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    Is it too late if your domain expires in 2 days?

    submitted by /u/EpicKingdom_
    [link] [comments]

    I may ban IE and force users to choose a different browser. What day you?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 12:18 PM PDT

    Before you say dumb idea bro.....

    I have an app that supports about 3k users who are required to use it as part of their profession.

    We are in the middle of a rewrite and using <template> extensively for the spa portion.

    A fallback is not extremely difficult but I want IE to die. I am thinking of putting a small "Internet Explorer is not supported please use an approved browser for this application." And listing links to all the others.

    This would affect very few of my users.

    Would you ever do something like this?

    submitted by /u/swiftpants
    [link] [comments]

    Job outlook in Florida?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    Disclosure I do not live in Florida or work as a dev right now but I am learning wanting to get into the industry. I have toyed with the idea of moving to Florida briefly but what is the job outlook for a developer in like the Orlando or Tampa areas? Or is the best bet finding a remote gig or freelancing?

    submitted by /u/virus200
    [link] [comments]

    Put form data into database using php

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    How am I able to get form data and put it into a database afterwards?

    submitted by /u/LastLarry
    [link] [comments]

    Web Apps vs Native Apps vs Hybrid Apps [ Know The Differences ]

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    Is there a better way I could be doing this (jQuery)? Why is this code slowing down my site so much & making my slider glitch?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 10:20 AM PDT

     var glide = new Glide('#intro', { type: 'carousel', gap: '12', perView: 5, focusAt: 'center', breakpoints: { 800: { perView: 2 }, 480: { perView: 1 } } }); if (jQuery(window).width() < 1200){ glide.mount(); } jQuery(window).resize(function(){ if (jQuery(window).width() >= 1200){ if (glide) { glide.destroy(); }} if (jQuery(window).width() < 1200){ if (glide) { glide.mount(); }} }); 

    I'm new to Javacript/jQuery. I'm using glide.js and I need the slider to be disabled when the window size is above 1200. The above code works, but when the window is being resized the site freeze and the slides in the slider now take forever to resize and will sometimes get confused and not load all of the slides.

    It works perfectly without the resize() functions. What am I doing wrong and how do I make this function properly? Greatly appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/catsnob
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for testing on really slow machines?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    The company I work for creates software for companies that tend to use bare-minimum PCs for their staff because they are in a race-to-the-bottom market and usually buy 1000+ of them so want cheap, bulk, crappy old PCs.

    I'd like to be able to test how some of our pages work on a machine with shitty processing power, but because my laptop is powerful I'm not sure the best way to go about simulating a crap processor/RAM situation? I know about strangling the network, but not sure how to achieve bad hardware conditions?

    submitted by /u/ShetlandJames
    [link] [comments]

    How do I keep my heroku apps awake?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 12:55 AM PDT

    Do I need to pay $7 per app to keep it up? They go to sleep and take like 15 seconds to fire up. They're just pet projects I have on my portfolio, and I feel like hiring managers aren't gonna wait for them to fire up. I feel like it could potentially be preventing me from getting interviews.

    Is there a different/cheaper service I can use? Or should I just bite the bullet for $7 an app

    submitted by /u/browat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment