• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 2, 2019

    I want to get some new programming textbooks. Which of these bundles should I consider. Ask Programming

    I want to get some new programming textbooks. Which of these bundles should I consider. Ask Programming


    I want to get some new programming textbooks. Which of these bundles should I consider.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 08:16 PM PDT

    I'm currently learning C# but I eventually want to start getting into Python, Java, C and C++. There are some good bundles for the Easy Steps books which I learnt C# from, and really like, including a book on C.

    http://ineasysteps.com/products-page/all_books/coding-for-beginners-in-easy-steps-c-programming-in-easy-steps-and-c-programming-in-easy-steps-special-offer/

    http://ineasysteps.com/products-page/all_books/coding-beginners-easy-steps-python-easy-steps-c-programming-easy-steps-special-offer/

    There is one containing a book about C++, Python, and the basics of OOP using Python and another with C, C++, and the same OOP book. I've heard that "The C Programming Language", is a literary classic for programmers but it's quite expensive in comparison to the In Easy Steps books. Should I

    A. Get the bundle with the Python specific book and the C++ book and then get The C Programming Language separate.

    or

    B. Get the bundle with the C and C++ books and get the Python book separately and not get The C Programming Language.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Jamezy_atkinson
    [link] [comments]

    [git] What should I do if my commits aren't under my name?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 09:56 PM PDT

    I'm about to start applying for internships for the first time, and I'm a bit worried because the commit history of the biggest project I've worked on is inaccurate. I did almost all of the work on the project, but because we used a shared VM to work on the project and push to our GitHub repo using my partner's account, most of my commits are under their name.

    For the meantime, I've mirrored the repo. From here, based on what I've found on google, as all of my commits are easily identifiable because I wrote them all in lowercase, I could just manually change them to match my account. However, GitHub discourages doing this, so I don't know what to do.

    In short, is the commit history something I should worry about in a case like this, and if so, is it safe to just change the user the commits are under?

    submitted by /u/jainpo
    [link] [comments]

    Patient Management, Electronic Health Records and Clinical Decision Support Systems. How can I lump them into one phrase?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    Because they're mouthful as is.

    submitted by /u/deadpxel
    [link] [comments]

    Using Cmake to build binaries with NASM

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 05:18 PM PDT

    I'm learning x64 and I hate make, so I'm trying to get cmake to build binaries with NASM.

    This is roughly supported by cmake but the documentation is crap. This is what I have working right now by cobbling together stuff from stack overflow and then cutting out everything that doesn't break the build:

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.14) set(CMAKE_ASM_NASM_LINK_EXECUTABLE "ld <LINK_FLAGS> <OBJECTS> -o <TARGET> <LINK_LIBRARIES>") set(CMAKE_ASM_NASM_OBJECT_FORMAT elf64) project(test_project ASM_NASM) set_source_files_properties(test.s PROPERTIES LANGUAGE ASM_NASM) add_executable(test test.s) if(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE STREQUAL "Debug") target_compile_options(test PRIVATE -g -Fdwarf) endif() 

    So a few questions, why do I have to tell cmake to use ld to link and is there a better way to do it? Is there a target_object_format-esque function I can use to specify the object format instead of setting it globally? Is there a way to make cmake recognize a new extension instead of specifically telling it each file is ASM_NASM?

    submitted by /u/not_a_novel_account
    [link] [comments]

    [swift] - What do I need to change to get the 'snapshot' to be created with Firebase?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 07:47 AM PDT

    override func viewWillAppear(_ animated: Bool) {

    super.viewWillAppear(animated)

    let postRef = Database.database().reference().child("Education")

    let refHandle = postRef.observe(DataEventType.value, with: { (snapshot) in

    let postDict = snapshot.value as? [String : AnyObject] ?? [:]

    self.post.setValuesForKeys("Education")

    self.tableView.reloadData()

    self.navigationItem.title = self.post.title

    // [END_EXCLUDE]

    // ...

    })

    }

    submitted by /u/bee4534
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment