• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 13, 2019

    Database Copies Ask Programming

    Database Copies Ask Programming


    Database Copies

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 02:30 PM PDT

    Hey All,

    How reasonable is it to ask for a database backup copy from your customers anytime they find a bug? This has been our developers primary request whenever attempting to troubleshoot any issues that customers are encountering.

    Some background: The information in these databases are related to asset utilization and revenue generation. Some of database sizes are also 20~30GB which makes getting a backup even more troublesome.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RateOurDeveloper
    [link] [comments]

    What is this technique called?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 09:03 PM PDT

    I have a secret key known only to me.

    I have a user's data, such as username, email, date created, etc.

    I use secret key + one of these data to generate a token.

    I give token to the user who I use his data to generate this token.

    User sends the token back to me and I use the data + token to decrypt it into its original string, which is my secret key.

    What is this technique called, if any?

    In terms of security, if the token was stolen, then the thief can impersonate the owner. If I request the data used to create the token, from the user, would it make it safe?

    submitted by /u/eggtart_prince
    [link] [comments]

    I resigned last week and have 3 months of free time at home before I join the next company. What are some programming skills I can add to my profile which will be useful for me in the future?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:14 AM PDT

    Background: I am about 23yo, I left Microsoft last week after working there for 2 years. I believe it's right time for me to learn various skills in earlier stages of my career. Given I have 3 free months, I wanted more suggestions about how to plan them.

    submitted by /u/JustAnotherBugMan
    [link] [comments]

    How can I check comparability with AOL explorer?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:32 PM PDT

    I think my user has Windows 98.

    They are also a donor.

    They are having trouble paying, any suggestions?

    EDIT: Wordpress + wooCommerce + my css/html/js/php mess of a custom theme.

    submitted by /u/canIbeMichael
    [link] [comments]

    Is the reason most 4k screens are laggy in games, that they hardware decrypt DRM video and even when not using that it's still a less direct path?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 08:17 PM PDT

    Reverse Proxy from httpd site to shared hosted wordpress blog

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    I have server on aws and want to map example.com/blog/ to my blog running on shared server. When I load some files it works fine, but all sub directories don't proxy For example: example.com/blog/ will load the subdomain.othersite.com/blog/, but example.com/blog/test/ will give 404 error.

    The wordpress site configured to use exampe.com/blog/ as root url, and when checking url on home page they look fine or loading subdomain.othersite.com/blog directly

    I have tried to removing adding the blog in the end of target url ProxyPass http://subdomian.othersite.com/ProxyPassReverse http://subdomian.othersite.com/ This gave some errors

    and tried adding trailing slash end of the location uri, didn't change anything

    Here is code I am adding into vhost file to point to other server

    ProxyPreserveHost On ProxyRequests Off <Location /blog> ProxyPass http://subdomian.othersite.com/blog ProxyPassReverse http://subdomian.othersite.com/blog Order allow,deny Allow from all </Location> 

    and the wordpress htaccess file looks like

    # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase /blog/ RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /blog/index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress 

    When ever user goes to example.com/blog/* everything needs to proxied to other server

    submitted by /u/progmame
    [link] [comments]

    What database to use for my application. (NoSQL or MySQL, SQLite etc)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 12:31 PM PDT

    I'm planning to create calorie counter application. User is able to store data (Food information) to my database which are then shared with the other users. Now the problem is that I'm not sure what kind of database I should use. I really would like to use gRPC with ProtoBuf instead of REST. (I've never used it and would like to learn).

    For example the Food Data would contain:

    • ID
    • Name
    • Calories
    • Macros (protein, fat etc)
    • Well everything what we can get out of food package

    User data would contain:

    • Age
    • Weight
    • Gender

    Users should also be able to quickly search foods with (maybe autosuggestion).

    I really haven't done a lot with databases so this is a great chance to learn.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/HomeDope
    [link] [comments]

    Webpage Development

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    Hello! I have a question based on webpage designing. I want to implement the design for my page where you click on a tab that would say "About Me" on the same page. One you click on the tab it, the page shifts to that specific section of the page where it says "About Me". Could anyone guide me to a link that shows me how to do that effect?

    submitted by /u/Synpandaz
    [link] [comments]

    Java noob here (Pls help)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:05 PM PDT

    The problem is the following:

    Write an application that prompts the user for a password that contains at least two uppercase letters, at least three lowercase letters, and at least one digit. Continuously reprompt the user until a valid password is entered. Display a message indicating whether the password is valid; if not, display the reason the password is not valid. Save the file as ValidatePassword.java.

    I'm trying to figure out how to have it check each character for upper case, lower case, and digits and have that then put into the count variables that I created, of which when all are met it will display that it's correct, or if not then it will display that it is not correct and needs ___.

    https://gyazo.com/25f3e221d9b957736766798336bb5882

    submitted by /u/nickg600
    [link] [comments]

    need some advice for a raspberry pi project

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 11:37 AM PDT

    hello friends,

    a group of us at my school are working on a submersible ROV for a term project, and I'm assisting in the control aspects of it. I know how I want the system to work, and I can handle most of the microcontroller programming, but I'm unsure on how to get my components to talk together they way I want.

    We're going to have a surface computer with a game controller connected via USB for piloting the ROV, and the computer will be connected to a Raspberry PI via a CAT 5 ethernet cable. The Raspberry PI will also be connected to an Arduino, which will handle most of the control.

    The PI will have a couple of cameras connected to it via USB, and the Arduino will have some lasers, some motor driver & ESC control pins, and a couple of sensors connected to it.

    My question is: what is a good tool(s) to get the PI/Arduino/PC communicating with each other in real-time?

    submitted by /u/Prestigious_Package
    [link] [comments]

    [SWIFT] -what am I doing wrong that the image and label isn't showing up on the app.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 02:23 PM PDT

    excel automation

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have to organize contact information in an excel sheet. The columns are phone number 1, phone number 2, and email. If i want to check if all column phone number 1 is filled out before phone number 2 is there a script i can write to reformat the excel sheet to where all cells in column phone number 1 are filled out before phone number 2s column?

    For example, if phone number 1 is not filled out but phone number 2 is i need to have that phone # in phone number 1 column first before moving onto phone number 2 column.

    ive been doing some digging but am still unsure how to go about organizing this project.

    submitted by /u/Mcfoyt
    [link] [comments]

    Best Book for Data Structures

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Price comparison

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    I want to collect public price info from any given website and have it displayed on a single page when I search specific items. Does anyone know where I can find a pre-built tool I can input parameters into or go about creating such program without being a website

    Edit: current suggestions: octoparse

    submitted by /u/ChickenThugs
    [link] [comments]

    Code Signing Certificate for Screensaver?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 10:21 AM PDT

    I created a custom Screensaver for an event in a small office. The PC's require admin privileges so I cannot run the scr file as Symantec is reading the file as inconclusive. Looks like I'll need a signing certificate. Is there a free option to build reputation on my simple Screensaver to "prove" it isn't malicious? Yearly subscriptions to bypass security for a Screensaver seems like a lot.

    submitted by /u/Kagamid
    [link] [comments]

    I'm brand new to programming how does it work? where should I start? and what are some do's and dont's

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 08:39 AM PDT

    I was in vex and gateway to tech., but all of the material went over my head and I hardly know how to code a simple vex robot how to move.

    submitted by /u/Illustrious_Stretch
    [link] [comments]

    Using JWT Refresh Tokens from the client side?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    Hiya, I'm a little confused about how JWT refresh tokens work from a client side perspective. Let's say you log in to an API and get an access token, refresh token, and expires by back.

    const response = await api.login(user) // response = { access_token: 'x', refresh_token: 'y' ...} 

    So now I'm logged in and authenticated from a backend perspective, and I can make additional API calls and access private routes and so on.

    I want the session to remain so I'm still logged in after refresh. Assuming the tokens are located in local storage (or server side cookies or anything else, I know not everyone agrees on this practice, but just for learning purposes assume I have access to the tokens from whatever method) - what do I do with them now? How do I ensure when I refresh the page, the user is still logged in?

    submitted by /u/floppydiskette
    [link] [comments]

    How to use multiprocessing here to save many matplotlib images to disk?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    I've posted the question here in Code review StackExchange but was unable to get an answer, so I'm being very specific here with my question.

    The below code walks over a directory of audio files (~50k) and converts them to spectrogram images and saves each of them in the same top level directory.

    def plot_and_save(denoised_data, f_name): fig, ax = plt.subplots() i = 0 # Add this line to show plots else ignore warnings # plt.ion() ax.imshow(denoised_data) ax.get_xaxis().set_visible(False) ax.get_yaxis().set_visible(False) fig.set_size_inches(10, 10) fig.savefig( f"{f_name}" + "_{:04d}.png".format(i), dpi=80, bbox_inches="tight", quality=95, pad_inches=0.0) ax.draw_artist(ax.xaxis) ax.draw_artist(ax.yaxis) i += 1 def standardize_and_plot(sampling_rate, file_path_image): logger.info(f"All files will be resampled to {sampling_rate}Hz") output_image_folder = "PreProcessed_image/" for dirs, subdirs, files in os.walk(file_path_image): for i, file in enumerate(files): if file.endswith(('.wav', '.WAV')): logger.info(f"Pre-Processing file: {file}") data, sr = librosa.core.load( os.path.join(dirs, file), sr=sampling_rate, res_type='kaiser_fast') target_path = os.path.join(output_image_folder, dirs) pcen_S = apply_per_channel_energy_norm(data, sr) denoised_data = wavelet_denoising(pcen_S) work_dir = os.getcwd() if not os.path.exists(target_path): os.makedirs(target_path) os.chdir(target_path) f_name, _ = os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(file)) plot_and_save(denoised_data, f_name) os.chdir(work_dir) if __name__ == '__main__': chunkSize = 3 sampling_rate = 44100 file_path_audio = 'Recordings' file_path_audio = "data/" output_audio_folder = "PreProcessed_audio/" file_path_image = os.path.join(output_audio_folder, file_path_audio) standardize_and_plot(sampling_rate, file_path_image) 

    How can I optimize the plot_and_save() method by using multiprocessing? It takes a lot of time for saving those many images in the disk. I am using Google Colab for this purpose.

    submitted by /u/ZER_0_NE
    [link] [comments]

    is there a way to tie command history of the terminal to the current folder?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:34 AM PDT

    I manage a couple of very different projects. Is there a way that I can confine my command history depending on my current folder?

    I'm okay even if I could name/identify/mark a terminal something and get history of this 'name' alone whenever i open a new terminal with that identifier... If not, please do let me know if you can think of some approaches on the top of your head to build something like this,. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Neinderthal
    [link] [comments]

    What risks are there with some code replacement? How do I secure the data during the replacement process?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 02:16 AM PDT

    I run a relatively old microloans platform (from the tech perspective), and I'd like to add some new features to it. My IT vendor told me it needs replacing some old code for some new one.

    What risks are there with such a replacement? How do I secure the data during the replacement process? Is there a way to do the swap while the system is running and not crash it or lose valuable customer and financial data?

    submitted by /u/kingaltoids
    [link] [comments]

    Code frustrated

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 11:28 PM PDT

    So i get really frustrated while programming for my robot and it's driving me nuts, I get to frustrated to fast or just plain distracted I can't Advance if I'm getting mad over every line of code I mess up with or every malfunctioning robot that my code is put into. I know programming is really frustrating when learning it since it's errors and bug fixes but I need help on how not to stress out and focus on writing my code lines.

    submitted by /u/Vellgates_Vendetta
    [link] [comments]

    What are some great tutorials to quickly learn Node.js for creating a production level project?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 10:09 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I am a Java developer with rougly 4 years of experience. I've been asked to build a fully functional production quality Node.js project and I have absolutely no background of Node.js or Javascript. The circumstances are such that I can't avoid this and have to abide by the deadlines. Now the project is to build an API wrapper (some people call it an SDK) over the backend APIs, so that it becomes easier to integrate the APIs by just using my project. This will be server side only, there are no frontend components involved.

    My question is, what tutorials should I follow for nodejs, which will also teach me best practices like organizing code, choosing the latest frameworks and language versions. I absolutely understand that there's no substitute for experience. In fact, I've been working with Java for 4 years and I still keep find better coding practices almost every week. That being said, I have to learn this fast, and I have to learn this in a way that prepares me to write production level code.

    I did a little bit of google search and I am planning to checkout The Net Ninja. I'd like to hear your suggestions. Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/garundwaar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment