• Breaking News

    Friday, June 28, 2019

    CompSci Weekend SuperThread (June 28, 2019) Computer Science

    CompSci Weekend SuperThread (June 28, 2019) Computer Science


    CompSci Weekend SuperThread (June 28, 2019)

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    /r/compsci strives to be the best online community for computer scientists. We moderate posts to keep things on topic.

    This Weekend SuperThread provides a discussion area for posts that might be off-topic normally. Anything Goes: post your questions, ideas, requests for help, musings, or whatever comes to mind as comments in this thread.

    Pointers

    • If you're looking to answer questions, sort by new comments.
    • If you're looking for answers, sort by top comment.
    • Upvote a question you've answered for visibility.
    • Downvoting is discouraged. Save it for discourteous content only.

    Caveats

    • It's not truly "Anything Goes". Please follow Reddiquette and use common sense.
    • Homework help questions are discouraged.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Staggering Cost of Training SOTA AI Models - SyncedReview - Medium

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    I need advice. Major help

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 07:05 PM PDT

    I want to know what are the fields which are on the rise these days related to computer science.

    Particularly fields which involve work using C++.

    For instance- a friend of mine is working on Asynchronous Multitasking (AMT) using hpx library in C++. He is right now interning in the United States.

    I would like to know stuff like that; fields like these.. I might be a little fussy with my question but please bear with me. I can be more descriptive of why I'm asking this if one would like ,please do ask.

    submitted by /u/periperidip
    [link] [comments]

    ALIGN MS in Comp Sci

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 10:32 AM PDT

    Northeastern offers a MS in Comp Sci for people who did not do CS in undergrad under the auspices of the ALIGN program.

    I will be graduating with a math degree undergrad and am thinking of doing the program.

    Has anyone heard good or bad things about this program?

    I've heard that employers tend not to hire people with MS's but no undergrad in CS as it is indicative of a lack of knowledge of fundamentals. Is this really true though? It seems not to me, since this program does bridge courses first to make up for the fundamentals.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/orbitstabilizerthm
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for finding CS Internships?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    Its now super late June and I haven't been able to find any CS Internships in the Portland area; I've cold emailed around 40 startups and applied to around 20 other internships. The furthest I've gotten is a series of phone interviews for a position at Intel, but I wasn't able to get it. Aside from that I've got some promising emails, but they've lead to nowhere. I believe I have a decent amount of cs experience for a freshman and attend USC(which I think is a top 15 cs school), but just can't figure out what's wrong(my worst attribute is my GPA, which I leave off my resume). I realize I should've perhaps been more open to relocating to a different city, which would've vastly increased my pool of possible positions, but I thought Portland isn't necessarily a small town and I'd be able to find something. It kinda sucks, I wanted the experience, the money, and resume booster. Is it too late to find an internship this summer(I only have around two months left before I have to leave), or does anyone have any advice for next year? Will it affect my cs career that much if I don't manage to get anything this summer?

    Here's my resume if anyone want's too look:

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a0JXyRrtBxKtoQ6HLnL8FCc3Y0_-vet1xWsXSujjkgw/edit?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/octopoco
    [link] [comments]

    Geoffrey Hinton’s Unsupervised Capsule Networks Achieve SOTA Results on SVHN - Medium

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    A team of researchers from Florida Atlantic University, Stanford University, SIVOTEC Analytics, HAPPYneuron and MemTrax think artificial intelligence could be the solution for testing and managing Alzheimer’s disease.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 07:29 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment