• Breaking News

    Friday, June 28, 2019

    Check out my ethical hacking with Python coding tutorial! learn programming

    Check out my ethical hacking with Python coding tutorial! learn programming


    Check out my ethical hacking with Python coding tutorial!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 03:20 PM PDT

    I'm 19 and didn't get accepted into college to study computer science. Where do I go from here?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 04:47 AM PDT

    First post on Reddit and I'm so lost.

    I got into coding only at 18 so I'm far behind a lot of people my age who code and study cs. Now that I didn't get accepted into any college, how can I study so I won't be more behind?

    I'm really scared I won't get a good job because I'm so new to programming. I read so much about people who started coding at such a young age! I'm basically a grandma in employees' eyes.

    I'm trying to stay positive but got rejected just a couple hours ago so I'm a bit distraught.

    Any advice from people with experience is more than welcome.

    Edit: I should have mentioned I live in Finland, so our college/university situation is different.

    Edit 2: This post got waaaay more attention than I could have even hoped for! Thank you all so much for sharing your personal journeys into cs with me! :D You have inspired me so much! I'm going to look for classes on cs at my local college and study the same subjects they teach at school.

    submitted by /u/ellukellu
    [link] [comments]

    a few days ago or so a big list of coding problem solving sites was shared in a post here and someone formatted it. I'm not finding it and unfortunately didn't save it, anyone have it?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    [JavaScript] How do I pass an HTML input name as a parameter to a JavaScript function?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    I'm writing a form where the user types in their address and clicks a "Check Address" button to make sure the format of the address is correct.

    <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" /> <title>Car Form</title> <script type="text/javascript"> function checkAddress(_address) { ~~code to check address~~ } </script> </head> <body> <div style="background-color:silver; width:400px; margin:10px; padding:20px; border:"> <h1>Select a Car</h1> <p>Please fill out this form to tell us your preferences.</p> <form name="theForm"> <p><label>Address: <input name = "address" type = "text" size = "45" /> </label></p> <p><button onclick="checkAddress(address)">Check Address</button></p> <p><label>Car Make: <input name = "make" type = "text" size = "20" /> </label></p> </form> 

    This isn't working. What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to do this?

    This is what the form looks like:

    https://imgur.com/a/e4ZX4Dv

    submitted by /u/Ndemco
    [link] [comments]

    How would I go about creating an app?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm a CS student who kind of sucks at programming (I think this is mainly due to my lack of practice) and I want to change that. Recently I've been thinking about creating an app and have some ideas in mind, however I have no idea how to approach such a project. If you guys could provide some tips I would greatly appreciate it! :)

    submitted by /u/Ozkuro
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 01:05 AM PDT

    I am about to choose my final year project and our group is yet to finalise an idea. We have two ideas. One is an e-commerce app which uses AI for fraud detection and add an option to virtually try out clothes by super imposing them on your pictures. Another idea is building an AI powered camera app. For this I have read many research papers and will try to merge Deep learning based techniques to improve picture quality and add fun features like pose translation etc to make the app interactive. I am leaning towards this camera app but a team member is insisting on working on something related to security and is leaning towards e-commerce app. How can i add some features in camera app that are related to security. I am thinking about sharing photos between users and some cloud storage but don't have any concrete idea. Can someone suggest some ideas. Also if there is a better platform to ask this question kindly tell me about it. Thanks

    submitted by /u/AhmedZubairGCU
    [link] [comments]

    Do employers seek applicants with CS knowledge/know-how or a Masters/Graduate degree?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 10:21 AM PDT

    Kinda broke and don't want to spend all that money on a Masters degree if I can just learn coding on my own.

    submitted by /u/u-r-t-p
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 12:23 AM PDT

    I was thinking of doing a coding bootcamp for 9 weeks full time and wanted to see if anyone could give me some feedback on if they think it is worth it or if its just a waste of time. Anything would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Jp_51
    [link] [comments]

    (Python) why do I have make the number 1 a string when it was previously a value.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 12:16 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/lvYNYUa.png

    dealing with basic loops

    relatively self-explanatory. I'm just trying to understand the syntax behind it. Obviously, I tried it a different way than the coursera answer key.

    submitted by /u/keyvaniath
    [link] [comments]

    My code not running in codeblocks but running in online compiler (runtime error may be)

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 12:13 AM PDT

    #include<bits/stdc++.h>

    #define IOS ios_base::sync_with_stdio(0);cin.tie(0);cout.tie(0);

    #define pb push_back

    #define dg 100009

    #define inf 1e18+8

    #define mkp make_pair

    #define rep(i,n) for(int i=0;i<n;i++)

    #define repo(i,m,n) for(int i=m;i<=n;i++)

    #define ll long long

    #define pii pair<int,int >

    #define sc(n) scanf("%d",&n)

    #define sc2(m,n) scanf("%d%d",&m,&n);

    #define MOD 4294967296

    #define fileout freopen("output.txt","w",stdout)

    #define filein freopen("input.txt","r",stdin)

    #define mem(x,i) memset(x,i,sizeof x)

    #define PI acos(-1.0)

    #define ff first

    #define ss second

    #define all(x) x.begin(),x.end()

    /*------------------------------Graph Moves----------------------------*/

    //const int fx[]= {+1,-1,+0,+0};

    //const int fy[]= {+0,+0,+1,-1};

    //const int fx[]= {+0,+0,+1,-1,-1,+1,-1,+1}; // Kings Move

    //const int fy[]= {-1,+1,+0,+0,+1,+1,-1,-1}; // Kings Move

    //const int fx[]={-2, -2, -1, -1, 1, 1, 2, 2}; // Knights Move

    //const int fy[]={-1, 1, -2, 2, -2, 2, -1, 1}; // Knights Move

    /*---------------------------------------------------------------------*/

    using namespace std;

    typedef long long i64;

    map<ll, bool> mp;

    int n,k;

    multiset<int>mt;

    i64 Hash(string &s, int sz)

    {

    i64 h=0,power=1;

    i64 b=347,M=1000000000 + 7;

    for(int i=sz-1; i>=0; i--)

    {

    h= h+ (s[i]*power) %M;

    h = h%M;

    power= (power*b)%M;

    }

    return h;

    }

    void solve(string str, int sz)

    {

    queue<string>q;

    q.push(str);

    while(!q.empty() && mt.size()<k)

    {

    string inside=q.front();

    q.pop();

    int siz=inside.size();

    ll rethash=Hash(inside,siz);

    if(mp[rethash])continue;

    mp[rethash]=1;

    mt.insert(sz-siz);

    for(int i=0; i<siz; i++)

    {

    string nwstringtopush;

    for(int j=0; j<siz; j++)

    if(i!=j)nwstringtopush+=inside[j];

    q.push(nwstringtopush);

    }

    }

    }

    int main()

    {

    IOS

    cinnk;

    string mystr;

    cin>>mystr;

    solve(mystr,n);

    int ans=0,cnt =0;

    for(auto it= mt.begin(); it!=mt.end() && cnt<k; it++,cnt++)

    {

    ans += (*it);

    }

    if(cnt==k)

    cout<<ans<<endl;

    else

    cout<<"-1"<<endl;

    }

    submitted by /u/notan_07
    [link] [comments]

    What's the difference between monitoring and Inventory when it comes to system?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 12:12 AM PDT

    I'm trying to make a system with those functionalities but the difference of the two is not clear to me. I don't know where should I ask :(

    submitted by /u/Shnxx
    [link] [comments]

    Resources to learn/understand Big O?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    I understand the concept, it's what we use to measure the time and space of our programs but I'm still having some issues being able to look at some code and determining its complexity. So I'm here asking if there's some problems online with explanations I could use? I know this is a really important topic, so I want to throughly comprehend it.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/yuh3hunnid
    [link] [comments]

    Learning two programming language

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 12:05 AM PDT

    My classes starts in about a month from now and I'm currently learning JavaScript on my free time but I have a course that will be taught in C.

    Is there any problem with this approach? Should I stop learning JS and start fiddling in C?

    (Sorry about the english)

    submitted by /u/fightingpisces
    [link] [comments]

    What Direction should I take my time and focus in order to work on creative project of creating a extremely complex Audio particle Visualizer and other exciting applications of music and it's growing connection with computation.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 11:55 PM PDT

    I have been a linux user/perhaps hobbyist for a long time and I am just starting to put times towards learning more in depth programming knowledge in order to create rather than just taking interest and knowing how code syntax/ logic and hardware work. I just started with python because although C or a low level language is more interesting to me in terms of learning more about how we interface with machine code at the low level. Python was intriguing because as a creative person, I like the possiblity of creation possibilities that comes with even a intermediate knowledge of python. However after research and testing I was wondering if C or another low level language is ideal for my first project aspiration of creating a program that can relate graphic particles to frequencies/rhythm in a way that is unique. My understanding is that to do this with python one is limited to importing modules or just creating simplistic rules for the x and y axis in distant relation to a frequency.

    What language could be ideal for telling the computer to process graphics/particles to music in a way that is similar to human perceptions and would machine learning be possible?

    Also what other applications of code can be used for music synthesis and other related things?

    I have always wondered if it were possible in the future to use Machine learning/AI to program a computer to output a full sequence or even 'song' that is meaningful/corresponds with human taste in strings of different sounds.

    To clarify I am referring only to Electronic synthesized or heavily manipulated natural sounds (EDM).

    submitted by /u/HotPaleontologist7
    [link] [comments]

    How to build an Image Classifier using python.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    Here is a tutorial that teaches you how to make your own dataset and build your own image classifier using python.

    https://link.medium.com/WP7mFp9bLX

    submitted by /u/ThaOneDude1
    [link] [comments]

    Help with practicing coding

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 10:09 PM PDT

    I have two years of high school coding classes under my belt, but I'm not sure how to challenge myself or learn more about languages outside of school. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Monsieur-Lagoon
    [link] [comments]

    question about immutable hash tables and big O notation.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    The documentation says

    Immutable hash tables actually provide O(log N) access and update. Since N is limited by the address space so that log N is limited to less than 30 or 62 (depending on the platform), log N can be treated reasonably as a constant.

    To me, this sounds like it's saying "since you have finite memory, we can treat log N as constant," which, sure, and why not treat N! as a (much larger) constant, too. Is there something I'm missing here?

    submitted by /u/SpecificMachine1
    [link] [comments]

    Help with an interview question.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 09:30 PM PDT

    I has this question thrown at me which completely left me stumped.

    Code up a solution to find the nth business day from today.

    It started of as a one line requirement and said he would add on it so the solution had to be extensible.

    Th first additional requirement he said was in some countries it's not mandatory to have Saturday and Sunday as off it might as well be any two other days or even one and out code should handle this.

    The next requirement he added was to account for public holidays as it should not be counted. And also public holidays are specific to the region they are on.

    Further he added we had to account for changes in holidays because some festivals will not fall on the same day every year.

    I'm not sure if we could use any inbuilt calendar method or classes. But it's unlikely it is okay since the goal is to test the design and implementation of the solution.

    I attempted to solve it by holding the number of days in each month in a year in a list, the region specific holidays in a map. And given a particular start date add n days then count the holidays in that time frame and then add those days and so on.

    It didn't look pretty and there were a ton of edge cases to handle that I practically gave up and didn't make it through the interview.

    Could you guide me on what it the best approach to take to solve this problem.

    submitted by /u/bennyman32
    [link] [comments]

    Need some guidance on integrating sprinklers_pi and current controller.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    I tried posting this on the raspberry pi sub but didn't get any responses. Hopefully maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

    I am looking for some guidance on the best route to take this project. My current background is I am very familiar with building hardware but my programming background is I can write mostly functional python scripts.

    I'll put this up front. TL:DR: Looking to figure out the best way/how to use a library written in squirrel with sprinklers_pi.

    I was looking to get into using a raspberry pi for some project and came across a post using a pi and some relays with the sprinklers_pi. I thought cool that would be helpful to have for my home since current commercial products would be expensive to support my yard that has 22 zones. I figured this would be cheaper and a good learning project. After looking at my current controller it can be even cheaper if I just use the controller with the pi sending the commands.

    I started looking at my current controller, Hunter I-core and see it has an external port. A little googling and I came across an equiloio library that has the communication protocol for this hunter controller. https://github.com/esquiloio/lib/blob/master/buses/hunter/hunter.nut.

    I need some help on what is the best way to use this library hunter.nut. Do I try to rewrite this into c++ or python? Is there a way to just use it as is but write other things in python or c++ that call it? I also will have to figure out the flexwire call, which is a one wire interface it looks like. Since I can not find that in the repository

    Once I get it in a usable state, my plan to integrate this into sprinklers_pi is just to use the external script feature. My custom script would talk to the hunter controller through a level shifter board. Unless someone shows me the light that there is a better way to integrate hunter.nut.

    https://github.com/rszimm/sprinklers_pi

    Here is the equiloio project I stumbled upon https://www.hackster.io/sshumate/hunter-sprinkler-wifi-remote-control-4ea918

    Thanks for any help you can offer.

    submitted by /u/ElectricItIs
    [link] [comments]

    Planning a Java Course, recommended preparation?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 08:58 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I have a bachelor's degree and I'm planning to go back for a master's in either Mechanical Engineering or Computer science. Either way, I need to raise my GPA and figure I may as well get my feet wet in programming with an Associate degree. I plan to start with Java for my first language, as it fits my schedule best, but it comes with this disclaimer:

    Recommended Preparation: Previous programming experience. Students should be familiar with basic programming principles.

    It's been quite some time since I've done any beginning programming and I'm not sure of the quality of the professor, but I fully intend to dominate this class and was hoping someone could point me to (preferably free) resources to learn some of the basics of Java before I start class.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/ElGrandeQues0
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the Smithsonian website have the Konami Code in it?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    Specifically this page

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smithsonian/reboot-the-suit-bring-back-neil-armstrongs-spacesu

    I went to inspect the source code to grab the background image but found the Konami Code buried inside. What does it do here? I can't seem to punch it in on the site for it to work. I'm not a programmer but would love to hear what it actually does, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Yodan
    [link] [comments]

    New to github, how do I ensure that other people can run my program?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    Not 100% sure this is the right place to ask this.

    I'm new to github, and I have a side project that I want to make publicly available (for employability reasons).

    Specifically, it is a python script that requires some imported modules, some of which came with python (such as math.py), and a third party script (graphics.py).

    While I imagine that I could just have a .txt file telling people to have the files, or just include the files (and then figure out how to properly credit the original makers), I suspect these are not how everyone else does this, and I'm hoping you guys could enlighten me on the right way of doing this.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Cazador0
    [link] [comments]

    How to work with programmatic RDP sessions?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    I am trying to automate the use of a Windows GUI application.

    I know I can programmatically create an RDP session, for example, via this script: (https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Connect-Mstsc-Open-RDP-2064b10b)

    However, how do I actually use and RDP session programmatically?

    One reason I think RDP works well for me is that it actually creates a GUI environment (not headless windows), so that I could log into it and see what is happening, e.g. if the program hangs. Is that possible?

    Running things with PsExec works, if I can pass it a session ID, it'll actually run it in that session, so I was thinking of creating the RDP session, getting the session ID, then running PsExec automation script. Then I could use something like PyWinAuto to actually execute the program.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/SamePlatform
    [link] [comments]

    Traveling and keeping up

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    So, I'm just getting into a phase where I can complete some independent projects without tutorials or guidance... and want to keep up the momentum!

    However, in two weeks I'll be out of the country for a month. While it's mostly vacation, I know there will be some down times (plane, at hostels) where I will want projects to do.

    Has anyone else had to travel while managing to keep up their portfolio? What did you do for the flight? Did you download lots of data and/or textbooks?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/the1whowalks
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment