• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 13, 2019

    Where are some reliable sources for secondary revenue? Ask Programming

    Where are some reliable sources for secondary revenue? Ask Programming


    Where are some reliable sources for secondary revenue?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    I have a side project and my main job. They give me enough money to live but I would like to get some extra $$. What is a couple places people go to where they get some side $$? I'm not a fan of the places where you need to underbid everywhere else to get work.

    submitted by /u/DuckieBasileus
    [link] [comments]

    If a windows .exe software is written in python, does the user who opens the software need to have python installed in order to use it?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    Brand new to coding can someone help me?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    #include <iostream>

    using namespace std;

    int main()

    {

    // Calculator Part

    int num1, num2;

    cout << "Enter your pot count: ";

    cin >> num1;

    cout << "Enter their pot count: ";

    cin >> num2;

    cout << num1 - num2 << endl;

    //Password

    int password;

    cout << "Close and Re-Open Again=";

    do

    {

    cin >> password;

    if(password!=1234)

    {

    cout << "Close and Re-Open Again=";

    }

    else

    if(password==1234)

    {

    cout << "/n/n/t/t Welcome to your account";

    }

    }while(password!=1234);

    getch();

    }

    //Client Welcome

    cout << "Welcome to AirPod v0.1. The client to kill all others." << endl;

    cout << "Please click Enter to continue! If you have not purchased this, it will not continue." << endl;

    cin.get();

    return 0;

    }

    ----
    Basically, I start it off as a game calculator for potions that someone has, then second part is the password, I want it so that after doing the pots someone can type a specific password in this case 1234, then it would take to the client welcome.

    Take in I am just messing around, this is not for sale, I just would like some help... I think my issue is because of the squiggly brackets. But my coding IDE says its the getch();

    All help would be great!

    submitted by /u/PeanutSyrup
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any C/C++ libraries, compilers or other resources for programming for the TI-84 series of calculators?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    I have looked within the first couple pages of google search and haven't found anything specific to the TI-84 or it's cousins. I'm thinking I may have to just look for a compiler suitable for the Zilog Z80, but I don't know where to start. Also I'm specifically looking for a compiler that runs on a computer and produces programs that can be transferred to the calculator, as opposed to a compiler that runs on the calculator itself. I've already read about the impracticality of implementing the latter.

    submitted by /u/Nissingmo
    [link] [comments]

    A simple question regarding Python and websites

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 08:14 PM PDT

    Hi guys. So I made a quick python hack that uses the googlesearch library and webscrapes from there using Beautiful Soup. It works flawlessly from command line, but I want to deploy it to the web. All I would need is a textbox for user input, and a button to search stuff. How do I go about this using my python script and avoiding javascript? Would a python framework like Django serve this purpose? Web stuff always confuses me. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ktopz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to write a script on a flash drive that as soon as you plug it into a computer it types out an insanely long password whenever the text box is clicked?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    Looking for some hw help for an assignment due tonight, can you check out my code? (posted below)

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 07:19 PM PDT

    var timeLeft = 30;
    var elem = document.getElementById('some_div');

    var timerId = setInterval(countdown, 1000);

    function countdown() {
    if (timeLeft == 0) {
    clearTimeout(timerId);
    game.hide();
    (endgame).show();
    }

    else {
    elem.innerHTML = timeLeft + ' seconds remaining';
    timeLeft--;
    }
    }

    Above is my code for my timer which I have set for 30 seconds so that when it runs out, it lets you know how many answers are correct, incorrect, and left unanswered. however, my timer never reaches 0 and stays stuck on 1 second. Is there a reason for this? I've been stuck for a while and my assignment deadline is coming up so any help is much appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/Tylercantsingh
    [link] [comments]

    How do I use the Ada language with the GPS editor? Any thing that simply explains the syntax?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 07:11 PM PDT

    Website Idea help

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    I want to make a site with 365 unique pages. Each day of the year has its own page. When you navigate to my site you'll see the page for that day.

    The pages will be the same template: an image with a block of text beneath. It's going to take me some time to generate the content for each page. My thought was to build a database with an image and paragraph for each date, then somehow plug that database into a template.

    I was thinking about just creating a 2X365 table in excel. Would I have many options to add these images/and text to a website template? I'm trying to avoid manually copy/pasting the content from my excel sheet onto 365 HTML (or WordPress) pages. I haven't made the actual page template yet either...

    If you couldn't tell, I'm not a programmer. I'm starting this project as a way to learn. I'm struggling to find the balance on how to learn things the "right way", and using tools like site builders ,etc to get sites up and running fast. I want to learn how to build great sites, but it's going to take me years to build a site as good as the templates available on sites like WIX, etc.

    Any pointers to get me started in the right direction for this project? Is there a better place for this post?

    submitted by /u/arg1524
    [link] [comments]

    What is a better feeling than fixing a weird bug without any help from stack overflow after 3 days of debugging ?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 01:32 AM PDT

    Because I cannot think of one.

    submitted by /u/vitsensei
    [link] [comments]

    [Windows Forms] Adding a method to the generated form class

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    Hi all, I want to declare a method inside of the windows form class, typically looking like this:

    public ref class MyForm : public ... 

    and then I want to define the method inside another cpp file. However, I get a lot of linker errors such as LNK2028, LNK2019, LNK1120...

    unresolved external symbol "extern "C" unsigned long _stdcall 

    Anyone know why? I'm a newbie at this. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/DPFreee
    [link] [comments]

    Help me r/AskProgramming, you're my only hope.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    So here's my problem: I am not a programmer. I only just started learning Python a few weeks ago, and bam, my professor hits me with an assignment I am nowhere near equipped to handle. I honestly don't know where to start or what to do. I haven't even written any code because we haven't learned how to do anything this complex. There isn't even a useful example in the book. If anyone has any example tutorials, guides, ANYTHING that would help me figure this out, I would be so so very grateful. Below is the assignment. I will upload the data file on request for anyone who wants to poke at that too.

    In this assignment, you will analyze weather data. You can find the data by clicking here. You Need to write a program in Python that will apply the following tasks:

    Filter the attached/linked file and keep the following columns only: STATION, NAME/LOCATION, DATE, AWND, SNOW. Then save the filtered file and name it filteredData.csv. For each NAME/LOCATION, calculate the average snow amount per month. Save the results in two separate .csv files (one for 2016 and the other for 2017) name the files average2016.csv and average2017.csv For each NAME/LOCATION, calculate the total/ sum snow amount per month. Save the results in two separate .csv files (one for 2016 and the other for 2017) name the files total2016.csv and total2017.csv Sort the data in the files average2016.csv and average2017.csv. Store only the top 3 locations from each file. The top 3 locations data will be stored in one file, name it top3.csv. Each column in the top3.csv file will store the results of each year. Thus, the top3.csv file will have the columns 2016 and 2017. From the 2 year data, find the top 10 readings/rows of AWND. Store the result in a file .csv file and name it top10AWND.csv. The new file will have all columns from filteredData.csv, but only the top 10 AWND.

    submitted by /u/Captain_Ace_
    [link] [comments]

    Unity/C# : Should I have a single class that signals player input or many instances of input detection across my project?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    To reiterate, should I have one single class that signals whenever a key/etc is pressed (through Actions)? Or should I have input detection across multiple classes (even if they're for the same key, such as 'Escape', 'Space', etc.)?

    Thank you for any and all help.

    submitted by /u/fonderkarma113
    [link] [comments]

    C++ quadratic equation function, Im suppose to get 2 roots but only getting 1.quadratic equations

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    #include <iostream>

    #include <math.h>

    using namespace std;

    float a,b,c,X,root1,root2;

    int Quadratic(int a, int b, int c)

    {

    int X = b*b-4*a*c;

    if(X==0){

    root1 = (-b)/(2*a);

    root2 = root1;

    cout <<"equal ";

    }else if(X>0)

    {root1 = -(b+sqrt(X)/(2*a));

    root2 = -(b-sqrt(X))/(2*a);

    cout << "real ";

    }

    else{

    root1= (-b)/(2*a);

    root2= (sqrt(-b))/(2*a);

    cout << "imaginary ";

    }

    return X;

    }

    int main()

    {

    cout<< "Hello World\n" << Quadratic(0,2,-4) << endl;

    cout << Quadratic(1,-2,1) << endl;

    cout << Quadratic(2,7,-15) << endl;

    cout << Quadratic(2,7,15) << endl;

    return 0;

    }

    I've been fallowing this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmEeWm25Lw.

    submitted by /u/SpeedWagon2
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for an SMS verification service

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 01:46 PM PDT

    hey there, me and my friends are programming a bot for nike sneakers. The bot generates accounts, which enter a raffle to win the permission to buy rare shoes. However, nike requires sms verification and we are currently searching a service that makes it possible to buy phone numbers and receive sms online. Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/mahjongggg
    [link] [comments]

    Selection Sort implemented with z390 IBM Mainframe Assembly Language. Anyone know the basics?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    Currently learning Assembler with z390 emulator ( http://www.z390.org/ ) , using this IDE ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/z390ide/ ) and there is little help online anywhere. Does anyone have experience with the emulator? I must create a selection sort program. Below is example of code for the emulator, not related to a selection sort. I currently have little progress on the selection sort other than readying the proper registers and storage variables. If someone could write the body code for a selection sort or has a source for one that would be greatly appreciated. You will need to comment out XDUMP or run the ASSIST command during emulator execution.

    TITLE 'EXERCISE 2' EXERCIS2 CSECT *********************************************************************** * AUTHOR: * DESCRIPTION: MODIFIES THE ELEMENTS OF AN ARRAY OF SCORES BY SCALING * THEM, ENSURING NO SCORE > THE MAXIMUM SCORE * STATUS: ??? *********************************************************************** * R2 EQU 2 ARRAY COUNT CONTROL REGISTER R3 EQU 3 HOLDS MAXIMUM POSSIBLE SCORE R4 EQU 4 HOLDS SCALE AMOUNT R5 EQU 5 ARRAY INDEX REGISTER R6 EQU 6 WORK REGISTER R12 EQU 12 BASE REGISTER R13 EQU 13 SAVE AREA POINTER R14 EQU 14 RETURN REGISTER * STANDARD ENTRY AND INITIALIZATION: STM R14,R12,12(R13) SAVE REGISTERS BALR R12,0 LOAD BASE REGISTER USING BASE,R12 DECLARE BASE ADDRESS AND REGISTER BASE ST R13,SAVE+4 SAVE R13 LA R13,SAVE R13 = ADDRESS OF SAVE AREA * BEGIN: XDUMP ARRAY,40 DUMP THE ARRAY BEFORE PROCESSING L R2,NUMELEM R2 = ARRAY COUNT CONTROL REGISTER L R3,MAXSCORE R3 = MAXIMUM POSSIBLE SCORE L R4,SCALE R4 = SCALE AMOUNT XR R5,R5 ZERO ARRAY INDEX REGISTER LOOP L R6,ARRAY(R5) LOAD NEXT ELEMENT OF THE ARRAY AR R6,R4 ADD SCALE AMOUNT TO SCORE CR R6,R3 IF SCORE IS <= MAXIMUM SCORE BNH SAVEIT SAVE THE SCALED SCORE TO ARRAY ST R3,ARRAY(R5) ELSE SAVE MAXIMUM SCORE TO ARRAY B SKIPSAVE AND DON'T SAVE SCALED SCORE SAVEIT ST R6,ARRAY(R5) SAVE THE SCALED SCORE TO ARRAY SKIPSAVE LA R5,4(R5) INCREMENT INDEX REGISTER BCT R2,LOOP IF ANY MORE ELEMENTS, PROCESS NEXT ELEMENT XDUMP ARRAY,40 ELSE DUMP THE ARRAY AFTER PROCESSING * STANDARD EXIT: DONE L R13,SAVE+4 RESTORE R13 LM R14,R12,12(R13) RESTORE REGISTERS BR R14 RETURN * STORAGE: ARRAY DC F'100' SCORE ARRAY DC F'91' DC F'90' DC F'89' DC F'0' DC F'1' DC F'2' DC F'3' DC F'4' DC F'5' NUMELEM DC F'10' NUMBER OF ELEMENTS IN ARRAY MAXSCORE DC F'100' MAXIMUM ALLOWED SCORE SCALE DC F'10' AMOUNT TO SCALE EACH SCORE SAVE DS 18F SAVE AREA END EXERCIS2 

    As for my current progress:

     TITLE 'SELECTION SORT' SSORT CSECT ********************************************************************** * AUTHOR: * DESCRIPTION: SELECTION SORT AN ARRAY,DESCENDING ORDER. * STATUS: NOT WORKING... ********************************************************************** * R2 EQU 2 WORK REGISTER R3 EQU 3 TEMP REGISTER R4 EQU 4 INDEX REGISTER R5 EQU 5 SECOND INDEX REGISTER R6 EQU 6 THIRD INDEX REGISTER R12 EQU 12 BASE REGISTER R13 EQU 13 SAVE AREA POINTER R14 EQU 14 RETURN REGISTER * STANDARD ENTRY AND INITIALIZATION: STM R14,R12,12(R13) SAVE REGISTERS BALR R12,0 LOAD BASE REGISTER USING BASE,R12 DECLARE BASE ADDRESS AND REGISTER BASE ST R13,SAVE+4 SAVE R13 LA R13,SAVE R13 = ADDRESS OF SAVE AREA * START: L R3,ZERO ZERO OUT TEMP L R4,ZERO ZERO OUT INDEX REGISTER L R5,ZERO ZERO OUT SECOND INDEX(STORE) L R6,ZERO ZERO OUT THIRD INEX(POSITION) XDUMP ARRAY,40 XDUMP (BEFORE) * STANDARD EXIT: DONE WTO 'SELECTION SORT FINISHED' XDUMP ARRAY,40 XDUMP (AFTER) L R13,SAVE+4 RESTORE R13 LM R14,R12,12(R13) RESTORE REGISTERS BR R14 RETURN * DATASTORAGE: ARRAY DC F'0' DC F'1' DC F'2' DC F'3' DC F'4' DC F'5' DC F'6' DC F'7' DC F'8' DC F'9' ZERO DC F'0' LIMIT DC F'40' ELEMSIZE DC F'4' SAVE DS 18F END SSORT 
    submitted by /u/the57thdoctor
    [link] [comments]

    How to work on projects that require sudo privilege

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 07:17 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I wanted to try and add a background image to the slock utility. I have not worked on a project which needs "sudo" privilege. And now I can't figure out how to work on this. For now, I am doing the following.

    make sudo chown root:root ./slock sudo chmod u+s ./slock ./slock 

    I am sure I can use the Makefile to do all this but I have no idea what the actual standard way to do all this is. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Edit

    The core problem is that the executable that the program builds needs root level access. But I can't just run the program with a sudo in front of it and be done with it. It needs, from the actual help dialogue in the program, "Make sure to suid or sgid slock.". That's why I did the second and third part of the workflow mentioned above. And the program slock is really small. So, you could go over there and see for yourself without me explaining simple things in a weird way to make you more confused. I am sorry for not being able to explain more easily.

    Here is the main single file called slock.c

    submitted by /u/lujar
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of programming deals with gametheory such as an object that says X believes (or would say if asked) Y, so another object could say [peerA believes [peerB believes statementC]], so peerA could sign a set of these without peerB having to sign each or route them individually?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 10:58 AM PDT

    How does reddit identify use of selenium?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    Despite using selenium to upvote all the comments in the thread by two accounts, all of them are stuck to 1 upvote. How does reddit find if i have used it? I used random interval of 0.5 sec to 2.5 sec between upvotes also.

    Edit: Okay people, I am not doing it anymore

    submitted by /u/Aad1tya23
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me link my Amazon AWS Cloud 9 project to GitHub?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    I am getting the following error when trying to "git push origin _____" :

    Warning: Permanently added 'bitbucket.org,18.205.93.1' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

    [git@bitbucket.org](mailto:git@bitbucket.org): Permission denied (publickey).

    fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

    Please make sure you have the correct access rights

    and the repository exists.

    I'm not sure what to do to ensure the repository is linked correctly? I did it earlier when it was just Cloud 9, but after migrating my project from Cloud 9 to AWS Cloud 9 it delinked

    submitted by /u/mikerichh
    [link] [comments]

    Nephews visiting for a month. How do I get them started on programming?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 11:45 PM PDT

    My nephews ( 14 and 11) are visiting the U.S for a month. They are good at math but haven't been introduced to programming in their school curriculum.

    While they will be doing the touristy stuff - travelling around, they would be able to set aside an hour everyday to learn something new.

    What's the best way to get them started and interested in programming? My goal is to kindle an interest and let them explore more / build on it later.

    submitted by /u/ramsjce
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing a C++ project on Code::Blocks in Windows 10 with a friend. When he tries to compile the code It won't recognize files that are not on the main.cpp, how should we fix It since the code works fine for me?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 07:11 AM PDT

    If someone can actually run the code on another Windows 10 machine, that would be nice.

    submitted by /u/Frank_Poole2001
    [link] [comments]

    I think I just realized the exact purpose of hyper media links in an api

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 03:01 AM PDT

    I think I just realized the exact purpose of hyper media links in an api: automating resource manipulation.

    For example, if I go to get dog food, and am out of dog food, I can order X amount automatically.

    So I get dog food: /dogfood/fulfill?bag=1

    Conditional: if order response is successful, send a receipt to an email address. If not, order more dog food.

    Order response: 403 error, out of stock. Here is a route you can use in order to get more.

    Conditional fires: order more dog food via provided API route

    [ do more things ]

    Anyway, it is also incredibly late and I can't sleep because I made some poor caffeine-related decisions, and I want to make sure this makes sense to others in my hazy state. So can you folks verify?

    Edit: minor clarifying edits.

    submitted by /u/mattstoicbuddha
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my life back on track?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 06:17 AM PDT

    So I'm a computer science undergraduate, and this is my last semester. I applied to a few universities for Masters in the domain of Systems and Networking but each one of them rejected my application. Although I have a backup job, I don't want to join it.

    I wish to study more, and I want to improve my resume and profile a lot in the next 2 years, so that I can apply again for Graduate studies, and get accepted. However, having a full time job won't give me time to pursue these goals. I won't have any professors for advice, neither would I get any chance to do internships/etc in my domain of interest.

    What can I do to get my life back on track?

    submitted by /u/ActiveAnxiety
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment