• Breaking News

    Monday, April 8, 2019

    Now we have a programming language designed for Pikachus SMH Computer Science

    Now we have a programming language designed for Pikachus SMH Computer Science


    Now we have a programming language designed for Pikachus SMH

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 11:37 PM PDT

    Ideas for side gig

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 02:36 AM PDT

    I am a 3rd year compsci and maths student and I am trying to beef up my software eng resume a little bit whilst at university. I need something really juicy to build. I recently build this nexttoptrader.com.au using Vue, Node and a few other goodies, but I need something difficult to learn a lot but also make something cool. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of such a thing. Even if your company needs it I will do it for free

    Any ideas? I am fairly interested in machine learning (arent we all I suppose), statistics, apps but moreover I want to learn a lot and solve a technically challenging problem. Id also love for it to serve the community in some way

    Any ideas would be appreciated. Here is my current list:

    -App which allows uber drivers to see where surchages are near them and receive notifcations - also predictive modelling for when the surcharges will appear next

    -some sort of basic EEG machine which helps with meditation (hardware is not my speciality but I can learn) - also check this out https://futurism.com/noninvasive-neural-implant-clinical-trials

    -my own programming language

    What taught you to be a better programmer and engineer?

    Also is there anything you need built but cant be bothered?

    submitted by /u/tiaanstals
    [link] [comments]

    Charles Petzold's CODE: any books that teach in the same way, but not specifically about computers?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    I recently finished reading this book and I can't express how much it added to my life. I wondered if there are similar books in terms of 'way of teaching' out there - smoothly, humorously describing a tough subject. Preferences are for books related to networks and programming, but really hearing about any other subject would be great. How to build a car, a house or something else.

    submitted by /u/dirtyring
    [link] [comments]

    MIT created a new algorithm that’s really, really good at counting

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 01:38 AM PDT

    Making a Sports Betting Model

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 09:52 PM PDT

    Hello, I am currently interested in creating a sports betting model. Either using Excel or Python. My goal is to gather information on MLB games to try and predict the outcome. The plan is to manipulate the data into categories. Using statistics such as ERA, Batting Average Etc. Using this information to calculate a team vs team scenario. I was thinking the Monte Carlo Simulation is very close to this. Is there a way I can implement individual stats and compare them versus the opposing team, while also comparing on a team level? Combining the personal stats along with the team to get a more specific outcome and simulation? I have been doing research but there is not a ton of in-depth information (most likely people want to keep what works to themselves). I thought this Reddit would be a good place to start. I would love to hear from anyone willing to share.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Dear_Composer
    [link] [comments]

    Prim's MST

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    I have a list of edges and their weights, e.g (vertex1-vertex2-weight): 5 7 2

    Is it possible to convert this into an adjacency matrix? Without having to manually draw the tree and then find the adjacency matrix?

    submitted by /u/SandyWandy29
    [link] [comments]

    Matrix multiplication algorithms

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 05:48 PM PDT

    Why is transposed matrix multiplication for n by n matrix better than normal matrix multiplication?

    Also to add to this, blocked algorithms are considered to be way more efficient as well; could someone help me understand why these algorithms are better theoretically (I understand run-time complexities of each algorithms)

    submitted by /u/CapableCauliflower
    [link] [comments]

    What is the significance of Linux and ARM Processors?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    So I am just about to graduate with a BS in Computer Engineering, but I got a few questions I'm a little embarrassed about. Since I plan on specializing in hardware with my career, I feel like these are some topics I hear about a lot.

    So, with Linux, what is so special about it? I know its an Operating System of course, but what exactly is so great about it? Why do so many people prefer to use it when it comes to projects and etc.

    Also, about ARM processors, I know from class that they're different from x86 processors in that they are "simplified". They use simpler instructions and are built to be able to run these instructions fast, as opposed to x86 that generally have complex instructions that do a lot at once but require more time to do so.

    submitted by /u/PauLWaFFleZ
    [link] [comments]

    Database design

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 01:15 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment