• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 13, 2019

    Microsoft has been collaborating with researchers linked to a Chinese military-backed university on artificial intelligence, elevating concerns that US firms are contributing to China's high-tech surveillance and censorship apparatus. Computer Science

    Microsoft has been collaborating with researchers linked to a Chinese military-backed university on artificial intelligence, elevating concerns that US firms are contributing to China's high-tech surveillance and censorship apparatus. Computer Science


    Microsoft has been collaborating with researchers linked to a Chinese military-backed university on artificial intelligence, elevating concerns that US firms are contributing to China's high-tech surveillance and censorship apparatus.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    Tencent Open-Sourced Algorithm Betters Face Detection Benchmarks

    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 08:08 AM PDT

    How did/do you study for the (non-coding/programming) CS exams?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    Those nasty ones where you literally just need to memorize the minute details, like time complexities for specific algorithms and all the possible implementations of a LinkedList, etc etc.

    I have a knack for programming, and I enjoy the problem-solving aspects and interactive approach of CS. That said, I find the bulk of the actual material fairly dry (which is largely why I'm only a CS minor).

    I have no problem briefly reading the class notes for whatever data structure I'm supposed to try in the next assignment. But sifting through the notes to try and memorize everything is mind-numbingly awful. I have a 70% exam tomorrow (its what I get for sleeping through the midterm), and 20 lecture powerpoints to shove into my brain.

    I understand the major concepts and have used/encountered pretty much all the data structures before, but this prof is renown for testing students on the abstract minor details. Which sucks, cuz his assignments are the most fun from any CS course I've had.

    Wondering if people have study tips that worked for them? Cheers!

    submitted by /u/spacepunkk
    [link] [comments]

    Robocode won’t show my robots

    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    I've been struggling to figure out why after I make a robot using the source editor in robocode and it saves/compiles I am not able to see it anywhere at all besides my file explorer. It's not visible to see to add to a battle or to package.

    I'll clear the robot cache, use ctrl+R to refresh etc, close the program and open again, restarted my computer nothing has been working.

    I have the most updated version of Java and Robocode. I have asked my professor for my online class but I do not have any reply yet and it's due in 2.5 days. I have been googling and trying different things for the past 4 days.

    I'm hoping it's a silly easy thing I missed so that I can get on with finishing my robot and testing it. Any suggestions to see my robots I have created?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/HockeyGal22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment