• Breaking News

    Monday, April 22, 2019

    C++ Knocks Python From Top Three Popular Programming Languages Computer Science

    C++ Knocks Python From Top Three Popular Programming Languages Computer Science


    C++ Knocks Python From Top Three Popular Programming Languages

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 08:24 AM PDT

    Bridging The Gender Gap In STEM

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 10:17 PM PDT

    How does character encoding like ASCII work?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    Can someone explain how a ASCII value like 65 which corresponds to Char 'A' actually gets displayed on the monitor as 'A'? I need an explanation that also goes into hardware and OS to get the full picture.

    I understand the characters are encoded in bytes but still can't wrap my head around how the computer knows when it should be 'A' and not '65' and how it actually gets displayed.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/engineheat
    [link] [comments]

    International relations and Computer Science

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    Hi, people of r/compsci, I am not entirely sure if this is the right board to post this but hopefully, I can get some answers or directions.

    brief introduction of myself. I am a socials science student studying international relations and international relations at the University of Groningen (the Netherlands). It is the study of how countries and organizations interact and how to deal with/solve large scale problems, such as the international economic crisis, political issues, and most notably wars. Now to come to the topic at hand. I am very much interested in the digital space and how that would interact with international politics, eg. what possibilities does it create, what are the consequences, how does it impact the international economy? etc. etc. the questions are endless.

    To concretely put it my research in international security, what I want to know does anybody have any evidence, data or instances of democracies fighting cyberwars with each other or cyber spying on each other. Because I want to research such phenomena, yet so far cannot find anything concretely, just speculation.

    if you have any questions about me or my study, or want me to further explain my research idea please feel free to ask. :)

    I also like to open up the debate about what international relations can bring to computer science from a political/governmental perspective and what computer science can bring to global governing

    submitted by /u/Dried-up
    [link] [comments]

    Los invito a la comunidad Byte PL en donde encontraras muchos cursos sobre tecnologia. Une los espacios�� https://community.bytepl.com/cursos/ #cursosgratis #bytepl #community_bytepl

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    How hard is getting an internship as a CS major?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    Im currently switching majors from a major I hated and poorly performed in so my GPA isn't the highest. I was wondering how hard would it be for me to get an internship. Im working hard at learning languages and next semster getting involved outside of class. I was wondering if I can still easily intern with a low GPA and if not what are possible alternatives too gain experince?

    submitted by /u/oldmoldycake
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment