• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 10, 2019

    6 tips for influencer marketing

    6 tips for influencer marketing


    6 tips for influencer marketing

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I work now since five years with content creators and just wanted to share some thoughts, about how to work with them. I just know the German market but I think, that it's not so different from other countries.

    1. Use Twitter
      Every content creator is on Twitter and you should too. It's a great place to get in touch with people, share your thoughts and develop a network. But important: It's social media, so don't use just to get your message out. Have conversations, it's not a one-way-ticket :)
    2. Keep your mails simple
      If you write mails, keep them simple. I read several mails everyday and most of them are pretty long. Have a catchy headline, implement some GIFs, so I can have a first look. If it's interesting, I will take a look at your Steam page. Avoid too much text and intros like "Hey, I watch your videos since years..." (especially if you speaking English and the videos are German). Don't try to fool the content creator, be honest.
    3. Do some research
      Take a look, who could be a good fit for your game. If you have a strategy game, aim for strategy channels. And if you have a roguelike, take a look who has a lot of content online about Binding of Isaac for example. I work for YouTubers, who play nearly everything, that has an interesting multiplayer (Garrys Mod, Wreckfest, Secret Hitler). If you contact me and it is just Singleplayer, you can be pretty sure, that we not gonna play it. Niche channels are happy, when developers contact them.
    4. Don't aim (just) for the stars
      There are a lot of micro influencers and "mid tiers" out there. It's don't have to be the big guys always. My experience is, that you have a lot more success to get in touch with smaller content creators. That don't mean, that you shouldn't try your luck, but smaller influencers should be always on your list. Also they often have a better engagement rate.
    5. Be active in comments/chat
      If you see a nice video about your game, write them a comment (or mail) and thank them. We get such mails from time to time and it's the highlight of our day :) Also it's a good way to get in contact with the influencer for your upcoming games! Also if you see a stream online about your game, join the chat and say Hi. It's often a nice experience for the streamer.
    6. Have a good game
      That seems to be kind of obvious or silly, but it's true: If you have a good game, content creators will be happy to play your game. You don't have to pay them. They started their channels, because they love playing videos games. So if you have a game, that fits to them (see point 3), they will be happy to get a key from you.

    So, that's it. I hope, you can understand everything because my English isn't the best. If you have questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

    submitted by /u/MikkelMachts
    [link] [comments]

    You need unique monsters sound effects for your game? I recorded tutorial about creating monster voice from human voice :) Describing all the most important things for the process

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    How can I apply the same lighting and fog to these distant meshes? Thank you.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    Paint system in my new game about restoring antiques!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2019 12:43 PM PST

    Heaps.io, Need some help

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 09:29 AM PDT

    Okay so i started using Heaps.io because of an easy way to add multiplayer free and open source, but i can't seem to find any tutorials on how i should use it. do any of you have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/tobias1012
    [link] [comments]

    How do i finish my game ?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 01:29 AM PST

    I've been developing my game for quite some time now and I've started putting some promotional stuff on twitter too. SFX, a bit of UI and streamlining a few things are left. Honestly it's about one month work.

    But I just cant move myself to work on the game. I'm bored out, uninterested and my hands just don't move.

    What can I do to motivate myself to work on the game?

    submitted by /u/IronBoundManzer
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to create a character that everyone loves to hate?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    It's for a fighting game and it would either be a main boss or extra boss character or a playable character part of the main selectable cast of characters. Which would be the best way to make him a character you love to hate? Basically a very selfish human villain, the kind of character that ruined many lives and is like a rich young to mid age corporal leader or something but is relatively weak and needs to depend on others fighting for him or some kind of higher power of magic or technology to assist him?

    submitted by /u/GiftedSword2299
    [link] [comments]

    What constitutes as a professionally made game for you guys?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2019 07:24 PM PST

    Is it the quality of graphics or perhaps the amount of content? Or maybe the amount of hours one can put into it? One day I hope to make a game of professional quality so how can one's game avoid coming off as amateurish? Ty

    submitted by /u/AllegedBot
    [link] [comments]

    Release The Hounds! (a first look at the combat system) 4X RTS WIP - Release 0.1.1

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    Physics engine - easy tutorial for absolute JavaScript beginners

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    I can't seem to find the balance between designing and playtesting.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:50 PM PDT

    For about a year now, I've been dabbling in developing various ideas I've had for computer games. While I've gained a lot of confidence in my coding ability since I started learning, my confidence in my ability to design a game has decreased. I've lost count of how many times I've done the programming for a game concept to the point where I could playtest at least the core mechanics of it, and then I realized, "oh yeah, this isn't actually fun." I feel like that can create a kind of death spiral, where I increasingly don't want to really dig in and program all the bells and whistles of a game, because I'm afraid that after putting in all that work, I'll just find out it was never a good concept in the first place. But on the other hand, it may be that all the bells and whistles are a meaningful component of what would make it legitimately fun. The less time you spend on a playtest build, the more stripped down it is, the less of an accurate read you're getting in playtesting about how much fun the finished product would be. But I also don't want to squander weeks or months building up a game idea (and building up my expectations for it), only to hit play for the first time after all that work, and find out the core concept just wasn't ever that good.

    I should explain, I lean more toward turn-based strategy type games. Almost like just a board game that you can play on the computer. So it's different from someone who's kinda putting their own spin on an established genre; if you're making a platformer, you already know that you enjoy platformers. You're probably adding some original features and unique artwork, but you know that the core mechanic of the game is already solid. With strategy games, the core mechanic is what I describe as "interesting decisions." Like in the game of Risk, do you keep your armies concentrated so you can defend better, or spread them out so you control more territories this turn? That's one example of a strategic decision, but you can't really build your game around a tried-and-true strategic concept, unless you're just ripping off another game. So, the only way to find out whether the central core mechanic that the whole game is based on is actually fun, is to program it and test it.

    Does anybody else have this dilemma of not wanting to fully dive into the programming of a game when you don't even know whether it'll be fun yet, but also wanting to make sure you put enough into it to give the concept a chance?

    submitted by /u/fatimodev
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know any cheap music tools?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    I started making a game in my freetime but I don't know how to make the music. Do you know any free/cheap tools with whom I can create cheap music? I'd like to keep the music in a retro/chiptune style.

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/phantom_dev
    [link] [comments]

    Do you like my new game?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    GAME TRAILER 2019 WEEK #10 Just Gaming

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    Any tips for a young kid getting into game development?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    Looking for Game Engine

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Can anyone point me in the direction of a good engine for creating a text based game? The engine needs to be in python, and online collaboration is preferable. Also free would be nice.

    Thanks you! :)

    submitted by /u/a_reed614
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for sending a video to Publisher?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    Do you guys have any advice about what to do when sending a trailer/video to publishers to review your game?

    I've seen a lot of them ask for videos and builds. I have a build, but it needs polish, so I thought I'd start off with a video.

    Any recommendation for length, editing, information etc? I already know about do's and don't of approaching a publisher, but this is specifically gameplay video related. The games heavy on story and dialogue, so I'm not sure how to exactly make it catch someones eye.

    Any advice would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Headwyn
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for discussions/examinations of specific implementations of car physics

    Posted: 09 Mar 2019 09:20 PM PST

    There's a lot of general "how does car" tutorials and junk but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm trying to track down people (especially but not limited to the people who developed it) discussing implementations of vehicle physics in specific games, and the reasoning behind the choices made in those implementations. I'm also especially interested in this regarding games that aren't trying for simulation, but instead get abstract deliberately to achieve a desired effect.

    I've managed to find plenty of stuff about Rocket League, such as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEmiDM94IE which is great, but otherwise I'm having trouble turning things up. Anybody know of some other stuff?

    submitted by /u/JSConrad45
    [link] [comments]

    Lighting in monogame

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    i need to add a lighting mechanic into my engine on monogame but not sure how to proceed with this and can't seem to find any advanced tutorials on monogame this is for a university. Any help would greatly be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Court711
    [link] [comments]

    Soundtrack Sunday #284 - Hot Demos

    Posted: 09 Mar 2019 10:02 PM PST

    Post music and sounds that you've been working on throughout this week (or last (or whenever, really)). Feel free to give as much constructive feedback as you can, and enjoy yourselves!

    Basic Guidelines:

    • Do not link to a page selling music. We are not your target audience.
    • Do not link to a page selling a game you're working on. We are not your target audience.
    • It is highly recommended that you use SoundCloud to host and share your music.

    As a general rule, if someone takes the time to give feedback on something of yours, it's a nice idea to try to reciprocate.

    If you've never posted here before, then don't sweat it. New composers of any skill level are always welcome!


    Previous Soundtrack Sundays

    submitted by /u/Sexual_Lettuce
    [link] [comments]

    Designed 2D maze game with university team. If you wanna learn Computer Sci. concepts play this game. Star if you like please.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 12:00 PM PDT

    Vertices in index buffer not rendered

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 03:18 AM PDT

    I'm beginning with the 3D rendering in Monogame and i'm facing not a real issue because i already find a way to bypass it but more of a question. I'm rendering a simple cube with 8 vertices like that:

    _vertices[0] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(-1, 1, -1), Color.Red); _vertices[1] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(-1, -1, -1), Color.Red); _vertices[2] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(1, -1, -1), Color.Red); _vertices[3] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(1, 1, -1), Color.Red); _vertices[4] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(-1, 1, 1), Color.Green); _vertices[5] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(-1, -1, 1), Color.Green); _vertices[6] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(1, -1, 1), Color.Green); _vertices[7] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(1, 1, 1), Color.Green); 

    But i'm also using an index buffer to draw each triangle for each faces and this is where my issue is. When i'm doing the following:

    _indices = new int[] // 6 faces, each containing 2 triangles of 3 vertices { 0, 1, 2, 0, 2, 3, // front 3, 2, 6, 3, 6, 7, 4, 0, 3, 4, 3, 7, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 2, 4, 5, 1, 4, 1, 0, 4, 7, 6, 4, 6, 5 // back }; 

    The render is perfect and every edge is rendered as you can see on this gif:

    https://imgur.com/h7Kn4uH

    But when i changed the order inside the index buffer of the back part, like the following:

    _indices = new int[] // 6 faces, each containing 2 triangles of 3 vertices { 0, 1, 2, 0, 2, 3, // front 3, 2, 6, 3, 6, 7, 4, 0, 3, 4, 3, 7, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 2, 4, 5, 1, 4, 1, 0, 4, 6, 7, 4, 5, 6 // back, update is here }; 

    The only thing that was updated is the order of the last column and the result is the following:

    https://imgur.com/aCR3QXc

    Why does the render is not done on the second case when the only change made is the order of two vertices ? I know that I can do a rasterize state to render each side of a triangle but one solution is working without it, so i'd like to avoid using it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kamigaku
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any newb-friendly game Dev engine out there?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    Hi there, I'm studying software engineering and for school project we need to do the classic snake game with multiplayer features. After a bit of searching the internet I found about several game engines such as Unity, Godot, gamemaker studio 2, etc. Even though unity and Godot are very good options, some of the people in my team can't run them in their laptops. So I am here asking you about your experience with "light" game engines and which one would you recommend for us.

    submitted by /u/Cato1704
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment