• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 14, 2018

    VS Code Extension: How to use this one ? Ask Programming

    VS Code Extension: How to use this one ? Ask Programming


    VS Code Extension: How to use this one ?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 01:25 PM PDT

    Explicit Folding.

    I simply need to fold spaghetti code of a very ancient, obscure language (PICK). The comment character is "*".

    Please help

    submitted by /u/pujuma
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way (via IFTTT, google labs, etc) to automatically add an address to specific google calendar entries?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 08:15 PM PDT

    The only relevant info I could find was this script written in 2015, which did work but I have to run it periodically. I'm not sure if there's any security concerns using this method, I'd prefer something automated. Specifically, I'd like to automatically add an address to any calendar entry named "work," for example. I appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/Evilgiggleofdoom
    [link] [comments]

    Help with image sensor driver

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 07:31 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I am working on a driver for a Sony image sensor and am getting the following output in test pattern mode: https://imgur.com/a/0E6QydD . Any suggestions on why it looks like that?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sanacitosdirtshrew
    [link] [comments]

    anti-swearing?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 01:44 PM PDT

    are there any filter style programmes i can run on an app/website that prevents people/users from using racist/sectarian/swear words in their comments and posts?

    submitted by /u/aidan-100
    [link] [comments]

    Getting FMCSA Data From an API that has been Down for over a year

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 11:55 AM PDT

    This data is needed by the public and and currently the FMCSA is limiting consumers access to it by requiring that they navigate and interpret a random government forms and websites.

    The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) use to make FMCSA licensing and insurance data available through a developer API. (Old info at: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety/research-and-analysis/fmcsa%E2%80%99s-mobile-developer-website-and-web-services )

    For whatever reason that API has been down for over a year. The FMCSA has also added Capchas to all forms. Essentially locking developers out of data found on: http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/pkg_carrquery.prc_carrlist

    For example search: MC 146892

    We need to be able to verify the following programatically:

    1. That they have an Active Authority Status
    2. That they have Insurance on File

    An added caveat is that it needs to work with broker authorities. For example the inactive authority of MC 357735

    This broker requirement makes the data at: http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/pkg_carrquery.prc_carrlist and the API the only known source of the data.

    Anyone have an idea? Or does anyone have a connection to get the FMCSA to get their API back up and running?

    submitted by /u/AskingWhatsNext
    [link] [comments]

    NODE and python?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    Hi guys, what a beautiful day!

    I am planning on building a small Raspberry Pi (RPI) robot controlled with a web app which is hosted on the RPI. I plan to do this using a websocket connection between a mobile device (controller) which is accessing the web app, and the robot itself. This connection will be used to push commands from the controller as well as pushing feedback to the controller.

    The scripts I have so far which control the motors and sensors are written in python, and I would like to continue using python for the actual robot controls.

    And right now I am learning NODE.JS so I would like to use this for the websocket connection.

    Would I have any difficulty getting my data to transmit back and forth between my robot controller and my NODE express server?

    Would learning some Django or Flask be a better use of my time? Does it help at all that I already have a LAMP server running?

    Just looking for general guidance here.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/pineappleinferno
    [link] [comments]

    ASP TextBox with Label?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 11:57 AM PDT

    Recently, a member of my team was working on a fancy new block page for our new content filter. Unfortunately, this team member was struck by a bus and is no longer with us. As such, I have taken on the role of stumbling through this project until we can find a replacement Programmer/DBA.

    With that said, we originally had the code as text which was:

    <p style="text-align:left; font-family:Calibri,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:x-large; vertical-align:bottom;"> We are currently showing you logged in as <asp:Label ID="lbl_User" runat="server" Text="Label" Font-Bold="true"></asp:Label>. If this is not you, then please click on the Login button and enter your employee credentials. </p> 

    However, in time (before the bus) we realized that our original design would require (7) different pages. We decided to make the page dynamic and load certain fields based on some other C# code and keep it all to one page. So we were working towards changing all of the text code to ASP TextBoxes, like this:

    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBoxURLErr" runat="server" CssClass="URLErrStyle" BorderStyle="None" ReadOnly="True" TextMode="MultiLine" Style="resize:none">If you feel that you've reached this page in error, please verify that you've entered the web address (URL) correctly.</asp:TextBox> 

    That works great! However, after the bus incident, I've hit a wall because one of the text areas was reporting on an ASP:Label field which cannot be nested as a child item under an ASP:TextBox.

    Sooooo... I'm at mediocre Powershell for systems related things, and this is out of my league...

    Could someone, please, help me correct this:

    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBoxErrLogin" runat="server" CssClass="ErrLoginStyle" BorderStyle="None" ReadOnly="True" TextMode="MultiLine" Style="resize:none">We are currently showing you logged in as **CallUserNameHerefromURL**. If this is not you, then please click on the Login button and enter your employee credentials.</asp:TextBox> 

    ...so that it will call the user's name out of the URL correctly? The C# call for the username out of the URL is called lbl_User, which is working fine, but I'm not sure how to make the call within the TextBox. If you all don't mind giving me a point in the right direction or a little assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong subreddit, you need more information, or if I can be of any other assistance. Thank you again for all of your insight or help.

    EDIT1: Fixed grammar and other misspellings.

    submitted by /u/sys_admin101
    [link] [comments]

    Help with volume controller

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 11:23 AM PDT

    So I'm just working on a simple QOL program to control the volume on my desktop from my phone. I have batch scripts working on the computer to set the volume to certain presets and general up and down volume. The issue I'm running into is when I try to use python to run them on the desktop as a test, it find and runs the files but never changes the volume. I'm using subrpocess.popen(['volumeUp.bat']) and the code executes, I'm in the right directory by using os.chdir() previously to the correct disk and directory, but it never actually has the desired effect. Is there a better way I should do this? Thanks in advance!

    Edit* I should add that the batch files are making use of nircmd to change volume, if that helps at all.

    submitted by /u/Count_Poodoo
    [link] [comments]

    Python - Simple Function Question

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 06:36 AM PDT

    I'm trying to understand a basic function excercise in Python and I can't seem to grasp it. The problem:

    Create a program in the editor below that gets the circumference of a circle from a user, calculates the diameter, and prints the diameter. Use 3.14 as the value of pi. If your code works, when the user enters a value of 22, the next line printed to the terminal should be 7.006369426751592

    My best guess:

    def calculate_diameter(circumference): pi = 3.14 diameter = circumference / pi return diameter user_input = int(input("What is the circumference of the circle?")) print(diameter) 

    error:

    Traceback (most recent call last): File "python", line 6, in <module> NameError: name 'diameter' is not defined 

    I've been trying to solve this for 2 days now so any help is awesome. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Baktik
    [link] [comments]

    Program not properly setting 2d array elements

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 08:48 AM PDT

    https://pastebin.com/MqbUzfvS

    I was trying to make it so '@' moves randomly around the array and only one instance of it can exist.

    '@' does move randomly around but it dosent properly clear its previous position to '.' which it should with the code

     i[c_y, c_x] = empty; 
    submitted by /u/spoonthefoon
    [link] [comments]

    Newtonsoft.json error help

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 08:44 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    One of our programs at work seems to be flaking out on us for one reason or another and I am hoping one of you can offer assistance on the matter.

    This is the image which my coworker took for me and, as far as I know, is a standalone program which connects to a cloud-based database. Ideally, you open it, it prompts for a username and password and you're on the cloud but now it's doing this.

    I believe they run Windows 10 but I am not at work to provide further details.

    Is something interrupting or blocking the application like a firewall? Maybe a software update is required?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Todesfaelle
    [link] [comments]

    Adding users from Auth provider to objects in my database

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 08:44 AM PDT

    I would like to have a column for User in most of the tables in my SQL database. That way I can track which user created the object.

    I am using Okta for auth and my application is a .Net MVC app with MSSQL.

    Should I be referencing the Okta UserId and save that in my table for User.

    What if in the future I decide to change Auth provider? Those Okta UserId's may change.

    I'm not sure what the best way to approach this would be.

    submitted by /u/princeofthesix
    [link] [comments]

    Printing DataGridView

    Posted: 14 Aug 2018 03:15 AM PDT

    I'm following this video to print the data I input in my DataGridView, but to only get a "Parameter is not valid" error.

    What am I missing?

    Database: MySQL

    Language: VB.NET [Visual Studio 2017]

    submitted by /u/grunge969
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment