• Breaking News

    Monday, June 18, 2018

    Question about old school DOS programs and games. Ask Programming

    Question about old school DOS programs and games. Ask Programming


    Question about old school DOS programs and games.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:46 PM PDT

    So im sitting here watching LGR playing a DOS version of wheel of fortune, and i had a thought... is a game came out in the 80s and its now 2018, couldn't we use more update programs and languages such as C# c++, VB.net, BASH or whatever to make these style of games just as easy if not easier than back then?

    So making a retro style game like WOF, space quest, any sierra online game, in 2018 with 2018 tools couldn't it be easier?

    submitted by /u/terabyte2600
    [link] [comments]

    Difficulty level estimate

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:02 PM PDT

    Hey guys and gals,

    I'm looking at developing a heatmap tool using X Y and Z coordinates with time stamps in CSV formatting. I'm hoping to do something web-based so that we can use them on corporate image laptops. I have a hardware that automatically generates the CSV file and puts it into a file on my computer. The idea would be to be able to upload the file to the application online for it to parse and manipulate into a gaussian heatmap. I was considering trying to pick up Java or Python and piecemealing it together overtime as it's not a hot project however depending on what you tell me I may need to subcontract this to a freelancer. In summary the two questions are: What is the difficulty level and what tools would be best to create this application?

    submitted by /u/bybunzgotbunz
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any code files in the internet for this project?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:14 PM PDT

    Hi guys I'm trying to create similar web app to this project(www.eatthismuch.com) I'm planning to add a lot more different features and design, but the main idea is the same. Is there an algorithm or any code for this type of project on the internet that I could play around with. Also just to let you know that I'm just a beginner and want to use this project to practice.

    submitted by /u/Lukasvis
    [link] [comments]

    Java - Application (FXML) - Canvas to double[]

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:31 PM PDT

    Hello,

    i just can't figure out how to convert a image on a canvas into a double[]. Each value of the array should present one pixel of the canvas. It should be 0. if it is empty and 1. if it isn't.

    Have a good evening / morning / afternoon

    submitted by /u/Lizraya
    [link] [comments]

    BootStrap Grid Problem

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:53 PM PDT

    So I am trying to create a blog style grid under my nav bar, the problem is I cannot seem to make it appear on screen, I want a 2-8-2 grid where a 'paper' of content is in the 8, and 2's are just blank space, if anyone can create a stylish page sorta layout with my following code, it would be VERY much appreciated. Also criticism about my code is welcomed and appreciated seeing how I am pretty new to Web development.

    HTML

    <!DOCTYPE html>

    <html>

    <head>

    <title>Tann's Page</title> <link rel="stylesheet" href="[https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.min.css](https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.min.css)" integrity="sha384-BVYiiSIFeK1dGmJRAkycuHAHRg32OmUcww7on3RYdg4Va+PmSTsz/K68vbdEjh4u" crossorigin="anonymous"> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styleHome.css"> 

    </head>

    <body>

    <!-- BEGIN OF NAV-BAR -->

    <div class="container">

    <div class="row">

    <nav class="navbar-default navbar-fixed-top navbar-expand-sm" role="navigation">

    <div class="container">

    <!-- Brand and toggle get grouped for better mobile display -->

    <div class="navbar-header">

    <span class="sr-only">Toggle navigation</span>

    <span class="icon-bar"></span>

    <span class="icon-bar"></span>

    <span class="icon-bar"></span>

    </button>

    <a class="navbar-brand" href="Home.html">Tann's Page</a>

    </div>

    <!-- Collect the nav links, forms, and other content for toggling -->

    <div class="collapse navbar-collapse" id="bs-example-navbar-collapse-1">

    <ul class="nav navbar-nav navbar-right">

    <li><a href="Blog.html">Blog</a></li>

    <li><a href="dailyPose.html">Daily Quote</a></li>

    <li><a href="About.html">About Us</a></li>

    <li><a href="Contact.html">Contact Us</a></li>

    </ul>

    </li>

    </ul>

    </div><!-- /.navbar-collapse -->

    </div><!-- /.container-fluid -->

    </nav>

    </div><!--end of row-->

    <!-- END OF NAV-BAR -->

    <script src="\[https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.js\](https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.js)" integrity="sha256-2Kok7MbOyxpgUVvAk/HJ2jigOSYS2auK4Pfzbm7uH60=" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

    <script src="\[https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/js/bootstrap.min.js\](https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/js/bootstrap.min.js)" integrity="sha384-Tc5IQib027qvyjSMfHjOMaLkfuWVxZxUPnCJA7l2mCWNIpG9mGCD8wGNIcPD7Txa" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

    </body>

    </html>

    CSS

    /* navbar */

    .navbar-default {

    background-color: #a300cc;

    border-color: #E7E7E7;

    min-height: 60px;

    max-height: 60px;

    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px #999;

    -moz-box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px #999;

    }

    /* Title */

    .navbar-default .navbar-brand {

    color: white;

    font-size:30px;

    padding-top:18px;

    }

    .navbar-default .navbar-brand:hover,

    .navbar-default .navbar-brand:focus {

    color: white;

    margin-top: 1px;

    }

    /* Link */

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a {

    color: white;

    font-size:20px;

    padding-top:22px;

    }

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a:hover,

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a:focus {

    color: white;

    margin-top:1px;

    transition-duration: 0.1s;

    }

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a,

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a:hover,

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a:focus {

    color: #555;

    background-color: #E7E7E7

    }

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a,

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a:hover,

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .open > a:focus {

    color: #555;

    transition: 0.4s;

    background-color: #D5D5D5;

    padding-top:2px;

    margin-bottom:5px;

    }

    .navbar-default .navbar-toggle .icon-bar {

    background-color: white;

    }

    /* Caret */

    .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .dropdown > a .caret {

    border-top-color: #777;

    border-bottom-color: #777;

    }

    Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/Tannman726
    [link] [comments]

    Is a Python Instance anything whose type is not 'type'?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:41 PM PDT

    How to generate permutations, but only those that follow certain criteria?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:31 PM PDT

    So I'm a geek, and I like to figure things out that I shouldn't be able to figure out. My current brain teaser is this.

    I want to generate a list of permutations that has n(arbitrary value, let's assume 10 for now) entries from 8 options, but only those that follow a very strict criteria. (Is that 10 npr 8 or 8 npr 10? I forget).

    Lets say for sake of argument that my 8 options are the numbers 1-8, inclusive.

    Basically the criteria is this.

    The permutation must start with 1. The second number in the permutation may be 2 or 1, the third may be 1,2,3, but it can only be 3 if one of the previous numbers was 2., etc, etc.

    So basically these are legal {1,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8}, {1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,3}, {1,2,3,1,1,2,2,3,3,4}

    but these are illegal {1,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,4}, {1,1,1,1,3,2,2,2,2,2}

    In general terms

    The ith element of the permutation may be any number 1-((value of i-1 element)+1) only if the number of elements whose value is (ith element value) is less than the number of elements whose value is (ith element value -1). (1 is special, there can be 10 1s if so desired. 1 can come after any number. {1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1} is legal. But {1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2} is illegal because there are more 2s than 1s. {1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2} is legal, but {1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,3} is illegal because there are 4 3s and only 3 2s. {1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4} is legal.

    If you must know, I'm trying to figure out the best "upgrade" strategy for a video game. ;) While I'm sure I could google it, it's much more fun this way, and I've found that most people on the internet suck at math so I'd rather do it myself. (But I'm stuck on the best way to program it, hence why I'm here. Would it be better to generate ALL permutations (it's like 180000 ish (EDIT: I lied, it's 1.8 million)) then wittle them down with if statements? Or would it be better to randomly generate numbers and see if they match the criteria, then randomly generate the next number,etc? Or would it be better to step through using a bunch of nested for loops? I'm not entirely sure if nesting 10 for loops together would be.... a good idea.)

    submitted by /u/corrado33
    [link] [comments]

    Programming Languages For Security and Privacy?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:10 PM PDT

    I'm starting my own small programming studio and am starting to program a few applications but, my biggest concerns are protecting the users security and privacy. I've heard a lot of good about Rust for speeding up security checks and making it easier as well as lower the chances of failures and mistakes in code. What do ya'll think though? I just want to make sure there isn't a better language. I'll be doing a lot of both front end and back end development as well as Web so I can use anything and am willing to learn.

    Note: I understand that no language can ensure my code is perfect just want to make it as easy as possible for me to provide secure and stable applications. I don't care a lot about how difficult the language is to learn or efficient since nothing I'm doing is too complex (yet).

    submitted by /u/Unperfect289
    [link] [comments]

    Advise from you guys

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:36 PM PDT

    Im looking for a program (MacOS) where I can build a website visual like "Sparkle" but a main feature I need is Export project to HTML, I need this function because I need to run the website local.

    I know I can program it from the scratch, its just nicer to use a visual program.

    Hope you guys can give some advise on this

    submitted by /u/Pixel4K
    [link] [comments]

    What makes multithreading on single core CPUs inefficient?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:10 PM PDT

    Card.io being used within a web app

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:36 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    I am trying to find a way to integrate card.io within a web view application. I know the sdk can be used natively within an iOS and Android app, but is there a way to tweak the process for use within a web app?

    Essentially, I just need to use the process to gather the information from the card during the process of payment.

    Any help would be amazing! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/justcallmeK
    [link] [comments]

    I am trying to sell an upgrade of a program

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:05 AM PDT

    So this is the thing,

    my brother in law is a developer, and he saw this ‚‚idea‚‚ on an American website somewhere - and wrote entirely new code and did a design for it. He started it as a business in his own country - but its an upgrade of what the American company has. And now his intention is to offer it to sell it as an upgrade to them.

    First, he asked me to write an email to them but not to include our website - which is crazy, cause we are trying to make a business not look as shady as possible. Especially in the beginning, especially ever.

    Now, I have never done this type of thing. I never coded in my life - so I am just assuming that he didn't rip entire code from their site. If such a thing would be possible to do. I know the designs are fresh, cause I personally saw each and every one of them being drawn right before me.

    But my questions is this. We have a version of their program which looks better and is connected with the proper code. Could they have some problem with it? Cause we basically ripped off their idea. Or I could just write to them and say - hey we were just playing over here and made this thing that does the thing you guys also do etc....: ‚‚Are you interested in cooperation? ‚‚

    I doubt that there is some legal issue they can do with us cause really - we are from abroad, and my police don't arrest even the straight-up criminals.

    So what I am trying to do is to go by honesty is the best policy rule here cause I want to expand business and make a greater product, or at least my bil is. So if you guys have some experience or any suggestion on how to even approach such a company (how to properly word this offer) I would be very grateful

    Tl;dr. We ripped off an idea of one site, redesigned and wrote a code for it (and made it better), now we want to offer it back to the site we nicked the idea off.

    submitted by /u/filiq
    [link] [comments]

    Javascript - Reference Values (objects)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:07 AM PDT

    I understand that in Javascript, objects are reference values. With that being said - why does the first example output 3, when the second example outputs 2? (I'm expecting the first example to output undefined)

    var player = {score: 3};

    var obj = player;

    obj = undefined;

    console.log(player);

    //outputs 3

    var player = {score: 3};

    var obj = player;

    obj.score = 2;

    console.log(player);

    //outputs 2

    submitted by /u/cloak12345
    [link] [comments]

    Python CPU usage

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:43 AM PDT

    I have a multiprocessing python file that has 4 threads. What I want to know is how much each thread is taking up on CPU usage.

    Is there any easy way to figure this out? Looking around I didn't find anything inherent in multiprocessing that can do this. I could settle for overall CPU usage if it came down although I would really like to know if the program I wrote is using up too much.

    submitted by /u/khadgarpls
    [link] [comments]

    Best Places to learn Programming

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    I checked out the info in r/programming but am just having a hard time. I started on Codeacademy and solo learn, but have tried the course on edx as well. I am in the process of trying to learn Python. The best place so far I have found was code academy for how I learn, by reading and doing the skills as I go, BUT I've read opinions that say it sucks. So at this moment I have been watching videos on Pluralsight.

    My question is what's the best course? Is Code Academy the worst place to learn? Is there something I am missing?

    submitted by /u/awesomecatlady
    [link] [comments]

    PHP Required field removal

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:09 AM PDT

    This code allows a video to be uploaded on a wordpress template, but if no video is selected a required error appears. Looking to remove the required attribute of this code.

    <div class="videosec"> <?php

    // vars $videotype = get_field('video_type'); // check if( $videotype == "Gallery" ){ $gallery = get_field('select_video_from_gallery'); ?> <video width="50%" height="50%" controls controlsList="nodownload"> <source src="<?php echo $gallery; ?>" type="video/mp4"> <source src="<?php echo $gallery; ?>" type="video/ogg"> </video> <?php }elseif($videotype == "Youtube" ){ $youtube = get_field('youtube_url'); ?> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="<?php echo $youtube; ?>"></iframe> <?php } ?> 

    </div>

    submitted by /u/deltaporkypig
    [link] [comments]

    How can i display match data like this example: https://ibb.co/jxyYpd ? I work with chart.js and d3.js libraries, so i've searched based on them but couldn't find any example like that (neither in jsfiddle). Is there a workaround in case there is no available chart that does that? Thanks

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:26 AM PDT

    java spring requestmapping

    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:30 AM PDT

    hello. I'm trying to send xml file to my java server through postman. The destination will be something like http://localhost:9999/test. So far I have made send class with RequestMapping("/test") at the beginning. I also have made public create inside of the send class with RequestMapping(value = "/{type}"). When I do http://localhost:8888/test/Human, it receives and shows the output on my console. But when I just do http://localhost:8888/test, it will give me error something like

    o.a.c.c.C.[Tomcat].[localhost].[/] : Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'dispatcherServlet'

    o.s.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet : FrameworkServlet 'dispatcherServlet': initialization started

    o.s.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet : FrameworkServlet 'dispatcherServlet': initialization completed in 22 ms

    I tried to make value = "" or value = "/{}" but it still gives me the error when I try to send to http://localhost:8888/test.

    how should i make the value equals to? Really appreciate your help

    submitted by /u/pu1902
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment