• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 7, 2018

    Interview Discussion - June 07, 2018 CS Career Questions

    Interview Discussion - June 07, 2018 CS Career Questions


    Interview Discussion - June 07, 2018

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 12:07 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to have discussions about interviews, interviewing, and interview prep. Posts focusing solely on interviews created outside of this thread will probably be removed.

    Abide by the rules, don't be a jerk.

    This thread is posted each Monday and Thursday at midnight PST. Previous Interview Discussion threads can be found here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Chat Thread - June 07, 2018

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 12:07 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to chat, have casual discussions, and ask casual questions. Moderation will be light, but don't be a jerk.

    This thread is posted every day at midnight PST. Previous Daily Chat Threads can be found here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Frustrated first 4 years at a top company

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 01:16 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I work at one of those "good" companies as a software engineer. It is one of {Google, Microsoft, Apple}. I started working here right after undergrad and have spent over 3 years. I have not been promoted yet even though my performance rating is always "met expectations" with a smile from my manager. Even after this long I feel somewhat out of place and neglected. My pay has been very good compared to average, but it hasn't got a significant boost ever.

    It took me a long time to learn these things:

    1. Your manager, his manager, HR, PMs all work for themselves and the company. Your success might not always be in their primary best interest. For one full year, my manager focused on another project in my team because that was low risk / high reward and he had higher hopes of success in that. My projects (high risk / high reward) were never in the limelight and I never noticed this.
    2. People leave and go. 2 of my managers have left. They just coldly told me one fine day they were leaving and that was it. There was very little active interest in helping me transition my project to the next manager and to keep all stakeholders informed. Apparently all that responsibility was on me! I lost a lot of momentum and there was quite a bit of confusion because of this. Now I view everyone at work as someone who might quit in the next month or so.
    3. Prefer to not work on small solo projects. If your manager gives you alone a small project with very little depth and scope, chances are, it is not an impactful project. Bug fix projects are good early on but aren't good enough for career growth. Also you don't get to learn much from others by doing solo projects.
    4. Document failures. Many projects will fail and you gotta have everything written down about why it failed. That way you can still have material if considered for a promotion. If you try something and it fails, and you didn't document why it failed, it's as if you never tried.
    5. Extroversion is better. You should be at least extroverted enough that most people know what you are working on. Humbly working hard and waiting for 1 on 1's with your manager isn't going to cut it. Extroversion need not mean talking with your mouth, but by other means like sending emails too!
    6. Keep talking to people outside your team and company. I always thought the best things were happening to me because my manager used to speak optimistically of me and our team and our company. But they are the company's spokespersons after all. Always be willing to switch teams / companies if the right opportunities come by. Don't be emotionally attached to your current job. Keeping a healthy social life / hobbies outside of work help massively in being less emotionally attached to your job. (But don't hop jobs too much obviously)
    submitted by /u/let_down_engineer
    [link] [comments]

    For an introvert, what are top things to proactively do to have good relationshop with supervisors and team mates in new job?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 06:55 AM PDT

    I am introvert, meaning prefer to do my job and go home. I know the importance of having good relations with supervisors and team mates. What are some SMART things one can proactively do, especially if these things are not naturally easy.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria

    submitted by /u/taw11
    [link] [comments]

    Got an offer in 23 hours flat! Thank you /r/cscareerquestions

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 01:18 PM PDT

    I'm so pumped. Thank you for being such an awesome career resource. I feel like months of effort and months of failure paid off in an instant, and I'm really happy that I landed the job I wanted. Reading this subreddit every day kept me focused and motivated, so to all those on the job search, godspeed!

    submitted by /u/secularshepherd
    [link] [comments]

    The hardest part of my job is not the coding, but deciphering what the client actually wants based on what he says.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 10:18 AM PDT

    Anyone else deal with this and have any tips? Any general questions I can ask to figure this out? English is also not his first language, but he is pretty fluent, I think he just gets confused sometimes.

    submitted by /u/mleclerc182
    [link] [comments]

    Senior year CS undergrad, seeking guidance for AI/ML field

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 07:27 AM PDT

    Hi, can anyone provide me with some guidance on what I should do to secure a AI/ML job in the next year or two? My background: senior year undergrad CS student in NYC area, currently enrolled in Deep Learning nanodegree(https://www.udacity.com/course/deep-learning-nanodegree--nd101). I have found AI/ML fascinating and believe that it has great potential in the business world along with other areas. Is there any road-map that I should follow in order to get an AI/ML job? I've been applying to internships most of which have to do with web dev. Recently, I had an interview for an IS(web dev) internship but web dev is not my strong suit as a CS major. Should I instead focus my efforts on learning Web technologies so that I could get hired into a tech job that's not necessarily AI/ML? I find that majority of the jobs are for Full Stack/Web Dev/SysAdmin or something similar but rarely any for AI/ML. Any suggestions/advice is appreciated!

    TL;DR: undergrad graduating within a year, prefer AI/ML job, is there a path to follow? or should I switch to something like web dev, that's not as niche, for better job opportunity? (NYC area)

    submitted by /u/furqankhan123
    [link] [comments]

    Due to financial difficulties, caused by a major health problem, I had to leave university mid junior year.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 01:46 PM PDT

    I got my AA at a community college in 2 years, transferred to ucf's CS program, which is the most strict and competitive out of all of the other programs in the college of engineering.

    First semester, started having grand mal seizures and I didn't know why. I had no health insurance, so when I'd wake up on my floor in a puddle of blood I'd stick it up. Eventually I had a seizure in public, and ended up in the hospital. No abnormalities were found, and I was released. Had another grand mal seizure at my dad's house one morning visiting for spring break. Woke up in the ER, and they discharged me without giving me any anti seizure meds, or anything. Probs due to not having health insurance. I had a seizure in the parking lot, right after being discharged, and was readmitted. Still no obvious reason why I was having these.

    The seizures shook my very core so much, that I was afraid to get into the shower. I was afraid to drive to class, to be in a lecture hall surrounded by people. I had more seizures where I'd woken up with a bloody face, a bloody mouth, and the feeling of a broken back. I've probably had 12 or more full blown tonicnclonic seizures. I've kept them all to myself besides the ones that I was forced to go to to ER for.

    Anyways. Failed that semester obviously. Luckily got a medical withdrawal from the neurologist that was seeing me in the ER. Still, I was extremely depressed about the whole thing. I had medical Bill's up to my eyeballs, and the thought of at any moment, I could have a fatal seizure, and I couldn't afford the proper care for it.

    The depression continued into summer semester where I was bedridden, too afraid to leave my bed and wake up in a pool of blood. Too afraid to go into a public place and seize up and piss myself, and inevitably get admitted to the ER which I can not afford. So I failed summer courses too. Got a C and a D and put on probation.

    Fall semester, I had a really bad tonic clinic seizure one morning, about to head out for class. My room was on the 2nd floor of our college house, and i seized up ar the top of the stair case, woke up at the bottom. Must have slammed into the door cause I was covered in blood and whole body was in pain from the convulsions. After that, I withdrew socially, and isolated myself. I tried to do my class work while showing up as little as possible, but I failed. And was kicked out of the CS program, and academically disqualified from the university.

    Actually no, I take that back, fall semester was the semester I did really well in, and had no incidents, it was the past spring semester when my health went bad again, and ultimately failed my classes because of ir.

    I'm not an idiot. I'm perfectly capable of taking difficult STEM classes. I've done calc 1-3, Diffeq, discrete, linear algebra, physics 1-2, and was even thinking of double majoring in CS and math before these problems happened.

    Is the STEM route, particularly CS and mathematics, in an abet accredited program in university over for me? Is this it? Are there other options? These are my passion. In the mean time, I have my seizures problem fixed, or well maintained. I'm back at my old CC just doing courses for an AS in programming analysis. But I want to get back into a real university, and study CS again. I know the AS in programming is going to just be a disappointment for me, and I doubt I'd be able to get the jobs that I would as a software dev... but I don't know what else to do, I've already invested way too many credits towards a CS degree.

    submitted by /u/I_dont_do_dossiers
    [link] [comments]

    Should I give up my pursuit for a career in graphics?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 08:17 PM PDT

    In the long run, I want to work in rendering and animation for a major company that works with GPUs (so think Nvidia, AMD, Intel...)

    However I also know that graphics jobs are highly esoteric (which is fair given that the subject itself is esoteric) and not really often open for new talent (hopefully I am "talented!"). And above all that, usually only Masters and PhD candidates are sought after... I am an undergrad.

    Should I just give up? I feel like if I want to work in graphics, that will be a dream so, so, so far down the line that it might end up becoming a worthless effort by the time I am prepared enough to even be able to apply for these jobs.

    Sorry. I'm just really bummed. I'm not really sure how I should be planning my future anymore. I'm an incoming junior at a decent public state college in the US.

    submitted by /u/RUbusinessdropout
    [link] [comments]

    I hate programming. I've been doing it for 20+ years. Help! (long)

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 05:35 PM PDT

    I'm in my mid 40s. Been doing web development for 20+ years. Have a BS in CS. First job out of school I worked with a friend for ourselves. He quit, then I kept on working for myself. I landed a full time client. I was still working for them as a consultant, but they were my only job. I worked for them for 10 years.

    I enjoyed working for them. It was a small eCommerce company that was growing fast, and I hoped one day i'd be with them when they made it big. Since i was a consultant I worked when I felt like it. I got stuff done. Somedays I didn't work at all. They ended up needing to cut costs, and I was a cut.

    Next job was working for another startup, this time as an employee. At first I was super anxious and thought I had no idea what i was doing. I had panic attacks daily. I had no idea how the framework and code worked. But I grew to like the job.I grew comfortable with the code. I hoped that they could some day become big. I really liked my manager too. I would sometimes do a little work, sometimes a lot, but I always was told I was very productive.

    Next the small start up I worked for got bought by a very large company. Now i'm working for the very large company on their web products. I don't really care at all about their products. I am actually not enjoying coding at all. What once was a group of rag tag individuals at a small company has become a small remote office for the larger company. The manager that I loved left. The larger company is half way across the country as is everyone else I work with (expect 2 for locals). The rest of the locals remain on the local product.

    Everyone (including me) tends to work from home a lot. When i actually go into the office almost no one is there, so i eat lunch and leave. (we have 2 room, the one that I'm in has no one there, the other usually has some people there, but it's not where I work so it's like they aren't there).

    So now my workday goes like this. I wake up, go to my video stand up. Sit there trying to get the gumption to do some work, I start getting really anxious, almost panicking at times. I'll give up the day and not get anything done. (my managers are ok with it so far, they know i have an anxiety issues). If i do get some work done I feel completely lost in this new code base, this new framework. I know i'll figure it out eventually and feel as comfortable as I once was with the old codebase.

    For months now I have been wishing I picked a career that was not so lonely. I keep wishing i was a teacher. I'm really good with elementary school kids. (i have kids and volunteer all the time). But I can't just drop my CS career for that. Most importanly is the money. I'm making a good amount and my family can live on it. If i were to change careers i'd probably make 1/5 of what i make now.

    The anxiety is killing me. I do see doctors about it. It got better last time. It seemed to be ok this but it's getting worse. I don't really know what to do. I don't want to be alone all the time. I feel stuck. I probably have to work another 20 years until i can retire with what I currently make. If I could just stick with it, not feel the anxiety and not mind that I don't care at all about the company, maybe I could make it.

    Of course I could look for a new job. But then i'd have to start all over again with all new people and all the anxiety would be a lot worse for a while. And there is no telling what the work would be like. I don't want to be working anywhere near 40 hrs a week. I have that ability now. And would they be ok with my anxiety disorder? I don't know.

    PS: my kids are getting old, now a freshman in high school and a 6th grader. I keep thinking about what it's going to be like when they aren't around, so that doesn't help matters.

    Sorry this was so long. Just looking to vent. I know i'm stuck. Sometimes it's just nice to hear from others.

    submitted by /u/88isthenameofit
    [link] [comments]

    Got an "offer" from financial company but might not start until next year

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 05:47 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I graduated last year and have been looking for work for the past 8 months. I finally get a call from a company, and they offered me a graduate role however they said I would mostly like start in January. Unless someone drops out or they increase their intake, I could possible start in the summer which I would prefer. (I would be the first person they would call)

    The role sounds amazing, the pay is incredibly high for a graduate and its close to home. She told me this all over the phone and I haven't signed anything yet. Im still looking for other roles but I would love to get this role.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/shaq_
    [link] [comments]

    Should I turn down a php job?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 04:05 PM PDT

    I got a job offer for a remote php/mysql developer job; I really wasn't looking for it but its one step towards my goal of moving from current business analyst job to a more full time development role.

    I have been preparing to be a nodejs or java developer on my own time, creating github projects implementing algorithms (in java mostly) , contributing to an open source project, up to the point I breezed through a few developer interviews (and failed miserably in more).

    Ive gotten passed over for some developer jobs for , among other things, my lack of java on the job experience. So this is my 1st chance to be a full time developer.

    I know the wise thing to do is take the job and continue work on my skill in java/nodejs so I can move to my desired stack, but I cant help fearing I wont enjoy my new job and feel that I am desperately just taking the only bottom-of-the-barrel job I could find, and I could end up trapped in the php based stacks

    submitted by /u/dev-1773
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys communicate?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 06:00 PM PDT

    At work do you use slack, Skype, teams? My company has slack and it's a blessing and a curse. Good for quick communication and questions. Bad in the sense that you're always connected and it's distracted.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/FloppyDiskMuffin
    [link] [comments]

    What does a "year" of experience in a certain technology even mean?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 06:35 AM PDT

    Ostensibly, a "year" of experience means you were employed somewhere that used a technology in a meaningful way for a calendar year and gained a "year's" worth of knowledge about it.

    But the problem with this verbiage is obvious: not all development positions use technologies in the same way or to the same extent. If you work your ass off during a year and gain extensive knowledge in a particular area, is that still one "years" worth?

    I've also seen "years" of experience used in reference to non-professional experience (such as side projects or school work) and that is even less reliable of a metric for measuring competency.

    Is the usage of "years" just a recruiter's way of ballparking an estimate? Is there a generally accepted level of knowledge one should have after a "year" of experience?

    This is partly a rant in addition to asking questions, so thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/MSUtimmy
    [link] [comments]

    What resources/experiences would you recommend to someone trying to transition from a med tech QA position to a QA position at a software company?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 05:49 PM PDT

    My background: QA Engineer (BME Undergrad) with little coding experience but at a well regarded medical device company. Looking to make the transition because of the pace of med-tech (egregiously slow) and culture.

    What would you recommend to help address gaps in SW testing skills and SWE generally?

    submitted by /u/Tdawg14
    [link] [comments]

    How do you answer a vague question like "how strong is your C# programming?"

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    I emailed them about one of the jobs the company is listing (they tell you to just directly email them at some address) and someone in the company replied to it a few days later. The email mentioned my resume as an attachment. They told me "your background sounds interesting, but how strong is your C# programming?" I don't know how to measure strength in terms of stories. Do they expect you to say a few C# design pattern buzzwords? They already have my resume which lists jobs using C#, has a list of a few C# projects and a link to Github so I am at a loss on how to expound on that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    submitted by /u/ExitingTheDonut
    [link] [comments]

    Do jobs like this exist?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 08:23 PM PDT

    I am currently an undergraduate majoring in CS, interning at a large tech company. While writing code and hanging out with people is fun, it's not ideal. My ideal job would be this: I research a topic in CS that I find interesting, and get payed to do it. As far as I know, only university professors get to choose their own research topics, but they also have to teach, which I'm not interested in.

    In other words, I want to be able to think about and publish whatever research I feel like. I'm willing to forgo money and opportunity for advancement as long as I have the freedom to pursue my own interests.

    It's not that I want to be able to sit around do nothing all day; I'm willing to produce results that will benefit my employer. It's just that I want to be able to dictate what those results are (within reason). Are there employers who would be willing to hire me for a job like this? Do these jobs exist at universities, government labs, private companies? How would I go about preparing for and applying to these jobs?

    I appreciate any advice, and please tell me if there's anything unclear about my question. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/d_iv
    [link] [comments]

    Being Sought After By a Company

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 04:15 PM PDT

    So this is going to be a more general wish on my part than anything else (but for those of you that might work for organizations like this, please PM me or comment here because I'd like to hear from you!).

    I've been working professionally for a little over 10 years now in probably what I would call a mid-size organization (a college with several hundred faculty and a fairly small IT Department) and the pay is great and the work environment is nothing to complain about for the most part, but over the years I've been sort of the "glue guy" able to connect our Application side of the house with Enterprise and my personal expertise with Online Services and come up with web applications or automation solutions and also spent a few years managing a few small teams within our department (although they weren't developer teams).

    At various points I've spent time applying to positions at some of the big tech companies or startups featured in the monthly Hacker News Who's Hiring threads, but in those instances it seems like I'm missing something to even get past some of the initial code tests.

    It's difficult when you know that you're a smart / capable person and able to contribute a lot to an organization if given the right opportunities to grow...but it can be very difficult to get that across when only provided a short conversation and a contrived programming problem rather than truly giving you an opportunity to show others how you'd really be as a coworker.

    The main difficulties I have now in my current position is that I'm the only person in our department that's focused on building applications but at the same time it's not my only responsibility so I usually have to go days at times before I get a free opportunity to get into my "programming flow" and knock some things off my Kanban list.

    It's also difficult at times to map fully how my background might translate to a particular type of position at a tech company, or what I might be good at.

    On the flip side, in the event that I did get accepted somewhere I have to contend with information like this: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/27/silicon-aa-cost-of-living-crisis-has-americas-highest-paid-feeling-poor which makes me freak out a bit at being able to have a good cost of living in the Bay Area (I'm from southern California, but for whatever reason LA doesn't interest me...San Diego maybe, Seattle also maybe but I hear things are pretty expensive there too...the options in Texas seem ok but I'm not sure if I'd like the Texas humidity / tornadoes).

    So with all of that said, it can make a person feel a bit stuck in their current role given the circumstances above and not really knowing whether things would be any greener on the other side.

    Basically, as a person with a fair amount of experience under their belt, I just wish a good company would drop by my LinkedIn page and be like, "Hey, I want this person to work for us!" and seek you out (not in the "leads to nowhere" way that some tech recruiters do things, but in a truly, we want to hire you sort of way). This would mean that you basically already have your foot in the door based on your past work / knowledge / experience and there really isn't a testing / whiteboarding process to go through.

    Does anyone know of any companies that would operate in such a way for a new hire?

    Thanks for anyone that share's their thoughts/experiences :-).

    submitted by /u/orware
    [link] [comments]

    CS Career Switch

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 07:54 PM PDT

    So I'm currently an accounting major and I'm about to graduate with my BA. I took a computer science class two of them one of them I dropped and CS 111 I got a C-, really short of passing. I am considering doing a second Bachelors. Do you think I'll be accepted to the second BA? Most colleges accept people for a second Bachelors?

    submitted by /u/da1795
    [link] [comments]

    does every job allows learning frameworks on the job? and is it good or bad?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 07:33 PM PDT

    I have interned before at one of the Big 4 and the best thing I liked is that whenever someone needed to use some framework he'd learn it and use it, Although most of the time I find job postings for Rails developer, Django,...etc where they're interested in someone knowing a specific framework.
    So why don't they ask for a Software Engineer who'd learn on the spot and which is better do you think?

    submitted by /u/NeumannCracker
    [link] [comments]

    My mom had told me, start working already and don't wait to get something handed to you.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 07:22 PM PDT

    When I told her what she meant by that, since I want it explained in detail, she just repeated this sentence over and over again.

    Given that I have been unable to find a job in about a year, it's a good chance that she may be dealing with her own feelings around my career. I'm going to take it to heart and just go to an office and start working. Gonna ask them to help me set up as I'm new there. Got any tips for me?

    submitted by /u/PreviousCareer4
    [link] [comments]

    What are your thoughts if an new intern is 10 - 20 minutes late to work?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 07:19 PM PDT

    I start a new internship next week, and am really hoping to be offered a full time position at the end of summer. The internship isn't too far away, but I didn't realize how far it was with traffic (Los Angeles area). I'm pretty sure I'm expected to arrive every day by 9 am, and based on traffic it will take me almost 3 hours to get to work. I researched other ways of commuting, and found that I can take the train for a shorter commute and for around the same price as I'd pay in gas. The only issue is the earliest I would be able to get to work is around 9:17 am.

    I don't want anyone to think that I'm lazy or slacking off, but using the train to commute would make my life so much easier. As someone who is trying to earn a full time offer, would this be too big of an ask, especially for a new intern?

    submitted by /u/jimontgomery
    [link] [comments]

    When am I worth more money?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 07:18 PM PDT

    I started my job, fresh out of a boot camp, 6 months ago, and the amount I have learned is incredible. I know 100 times as much as I did when they hired me. It's clear that I am a truly valuable part of my team, and the contributions I make are absolutely meaningful. I have started to get contacted by recruiters and when we discuss pay, they tell me I am worth way more than I'm making now. I don't want to leave my company - I'm working with awesome tech and i really enjoy my coworkers. But, I also have a family and more money is..well..more money. What are the odds I can get a raise, and if it's possible - how do you go about asking for one? I'm sure I could secure another offer to leverage a higher salary but i don't want to go through all the work of interviewing and dealing with recruiters, etc... Can I just go to my boss straight up and be like "I know that I can go somewhere else and make more money. I really don't want to do that. pay me more instead." (obviously more tactful than that). I always felt like I'd need to wait at least a year before I started looking elsewhere, but, like I said, real opportunities are there and I know I could be making a lot more money.

    submitted by /u/Puma88
    [link] [comments]

    Converting to Full time from contract in Toronto Fintech: Salary question/advice

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 03:29 PM PDT

    I've looked through the salary threads, but I was hoping for some more Toronto based advice from people working this industry. Apologies if this is a repeat.

    Little story: First job after a very crappy job hunt for a year (my fault, no impressive side projects, 2.7 GPA, no internships - UofT was brutal for me) via a contact (in charge of all IT/dev...incredibly lucky) in the company, and thankfully they were willing to take on a new grad despite being big data scala+hadoop work. 6mo contract to hire, 4 months in they are looking to convert me. On contract I was offered 60k, but really turned out to be $30/hr at 37.5 h capped a week. I took it without question because I had no prospects at all after hundreds of apps and a handful of interviews.

    Now I feel as a new grad hire I'm killing it. In 4 months the only things I haven't taken on is ownership of high level design specifications (understandable) and spark work, both which my technical lead has been hanging onto. I set up TDD, am highly active on process, and take on almost all QA issues in addition to my assigned tasks. I work with business on a daily basis to help them document and analyze, and provide some analysis myself. I put in extra hours whenever needed to get the job done. I feel I've contributed a great deal, but don't own the ideas behind them yet, which is expected since this project was kicked off and owned by the current lead.

    The question: am I wrong for thinking the offer of 65k plus a 10% Bonus (?) is a bit light? The number was unofficial, but my manager was pretty sure about it. I said it sounded good, but now am thinking its low. Would it be a bad idea this early in my career to push for more given my performance? For Toronto fintech/big data is this a fair offer? I was thinking of providing my manager with a toned down version of above as my reasoning for asking higher, beyond wanting to move closer to reduce my 3h a day commute + pay off my student loans.

    Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/mightyUSwarlord
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about jobs

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 07:14 PM PDT

    I come from a theoretical hard sciences background, and have an offer for a junior IT developer position in big data at a major national company.

    I have also applied to a data science position in a Fortune 500 company, emailing the director of the team. He invited me for coffee for an informational interview and two weeks later for lunch. I have been promised that a position will be found for me one way or another.

    Do you think I should ditch the junior IT developer position and take the risk of expecting a data science position? Why would you think someone in management at a Fortune 500 company go out of their way to help a newbie graduate like myself?

    submitted by /u/_data_scientist_
    [link] [comments]

    Internship in ML vs development internship

    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 06:45 PM PDT

    Future prospects and career wise, what can be the major differences between these two types of internships for an undergrad? Also, which looks better on profile?

    submitted by /u/prabhupant09
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment