• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 5, 2018

    How to get started contributing to open source projects? Computer Science

    How to get started contributing to open source projects? Computer Science


    How to get started contributing to open source projects?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 11:06 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! Hopefully this is a reasonable place to be asking this questions, if it's not, feel free to take it down. Also, I realize this is a very open ended question so any advice would be awesome.

    Brief introduction: I'm an undergraduate math major with a lot of cs theory experience and moderate coding experience from tech internships. I've worked on a few personal projects mostly related to my math interests or automating things in my daily routine. I'm realizing that I'll have a lot of time this summer to work on projects.

    I should admit that this is partially motivated by the desire to pad my resume, however open source projects are something that I have used and taken advantage of a lot in my computer science career and I would love to give back. There were many times where I really wanted to contribute to things, but I've never really felt like I was competent enough to be contributing (at this point I think I'm realizing that I will never feel like that and it's okay). Is that fairly normal?

    What is the best way to start contributing? I would love to do something related to math or visualization, but I also have a ton of time and would be excited to learn something new.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_JOKES
    [link] [comments]

    Books for the Modern Programmer

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 04:33 PM PDT

    Computer Theory book?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 05:37 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I have a very direct question, here it is.

    Name one general theory book that is comprehensive from beginner to advanced and costs under 50$usd?

    submitted by /u/PythonGod123
    [link] [comments]

    A brief introduction to quantum computing

    Posted: 02 Jun 2018 05:09 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment