• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 3, 2018

    Visual Studio Code April 2018 (1.23) Released! web developers

    Visual Studio Code April 2018 (1.23) Released! web developers


    Visual Studio Code April 2018 (1.23) Released!

    Posted: 03 May 2018 11:44 AM PDT

    If You're Struggling At Work Read This

    Posted: 03 May 2018 11:38 AM PDT

    So I'm going to try and word this in a way that isn't blatantly telling people to slack off.

    The last few days I have been responsible for designing a small algorithm. I've been struggling with it slightly because it is sort of a mindf*** as algorithms are most of the time. So this is exactly what I decided to do:

    I left work early yesterday and went home and watched movies and was lazy af (something I never do because I'm always doing something productive). I pass out. My alarm goes off at 8 for work, but I turn it off and go back to sleep. I don't get to work until noon. I sit down and put my headphones on and write the algorithm in 10 minutes in one go with 0 testing. I run it through all of the tests and it passes.

    Here's what I'm thinking. I think that programming/software dev productivity can't accurately be measured by the amount of time spent working. I'm starting to think that laying off and relaxing slightly may cause more work to get done than if you were to force yourself to work the hours that is expected of you. This sort of lifestyle also probably leads to less stress and more happiness and freedom. Doesn't that seem like the way to go? More productivity, less stress, more freedom?

    submitted by /u/JackBullenskie
    [link] [comments]

    "The small tips about freelancing that I've learned over the years" - posted on /r/freelance, but I think it probably applies here

    Posted: 03 May 2018 01:00 AM PDT

    How I fell in love with an API-first CMS

    Posted: 03 May 2018 06:57 AM PDT

    "Learn This One Weird Trick To Debug CSS"

    Posted: 03 May 2018 12:51 PM PDT

    [Feedback] Critique my uber-minimalist portfolio!

    Posted: 03 May 2018 11:55 AM PDT

    Old website I made in WordPress 7 years ago. It appears to have been hacked, but I'm not really sure what to do next.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 03:27 PM PDT

    Building an Optimistic User Interface in React

    Posted: 03 May 2018 09:10 AM PDT

    Which API can help me now?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    I was planning to use Google Maps API for a project I'm trying to build but seeing those changes, I expect to (hopefully) pass the quota pretty fast.

    I don't really need a physical map or directions, all I need it the info of places which are closest to me and info of places when I search them (Such as the address, opening hours, etc). It would also be really cool if I could search something like "Burgers near me" or "Burgers near New York" and it'd list me all the burger joints.

    I was planning to use the Google Maps Places API which had everything that I listed up there. Since that's not really an option anymore, does anyone know of a good alternative to do that or most of that.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PurpleBake
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good js library to make a candle stick chart like google finance?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 04:16 PM PDT

    Question: How to create a better video gallery?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 04:14 PM PDT

    Im working on a production company's website, and I've been thinking but would love some ideas or thoughts on cool ways to showcase videos in terms of a video gallery. Have played with CSS grid, and spotlight but what are interesting ways you think to showcase this?

    :)

    submitted by /u/arinavar
    [link] [comments]

    I made an integration for Coinbase Commerce + WooCommerce ��

    Posted: 03 May 2018 03:34 PM PDT

    Input Label Hover and Focus Effect

    Posted: 03 May 2018 03:29 PM PDT

    Version 6 of Angular Now Available – Angular Blog

    Posted: 03 May 2018 03:27 PM PDT

    Ice Cream Ipsum - The Lorem Ipsum generator with a cherry on top!

    Posted: 03 May 2018 02:56 PM PDT

    What is some rationale for companies to choose Java for backend rather than nodejs or Go?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 02:54 PM PDT

    I can probably guess one reason: that's what most of software engineers in the company are good at. Do any of you know other reasons?

    submitted by /u/some_coreano
    [link] [comments]

    How do you decide which framework to learn?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 01:57 PM PDT

    It feels like there are a million different frameworks right now. I'm trying to decide between react, angular and vue right now. They all have their uses but is one generally considered "Better" than the rest?

    submitted by /u/DiscChucking
    [link] [comments]

    Framework for server side A/B testing

    Posted: 03 May 2018 01:37 PM PDT

    Guys hi,

    As title says i am looking for framework for server side A/B testing. Optimizely is great tool, but they recently increased their pricing. Google Optimize is client side. Looking for something preferably open source and cost effective.

    p.s. Our project is on php

    submitted by /u/hekkoman
    [link] [comments]

    How am I able to create a platform for audio / video-sharing similar to youtube or Soundcloud?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Hello guys,

    Does anybody know the best way to create such type of platform?

    If you know which programming language is the best or any wordpress themes I might implement please let me know.

    Any ideas and suggestions are welcome!

    submitted by /u/ezequell
    [link] [comments]

    Found an Internship but need your help(guidance)

    Posted: 03 May 2018 01:01 PM PDT

    Hey guys, first of all, I want to thank you all to take your time to read this. The good news is that I will be graduating in Computer science by August and I found an internship but the bad news is that I am a little lost. I need some guidance in regards to which language/framework I should use to complete my internship project.

    Details: I was contacted by the director of a well-known high school in my city, they need a website which allows the teachers to create a result card for their students. 1) Admin will have to import all the students from an excel file to a database, assign different classes to teachers and then assign students to those teachers. 2) Once the teacher login they will be able to see the assigned students and add the grades, comments, the number of hours of absents to the grade card. Then send the grade card to the head teacher who will then verify the information, modify the grades or comments if necessary. Once the verification is complete he can create a pdf file with all the information received from the teachers.

    What language do you guys suggest to complete this the fastest and efficient way? There will a lot of interaction with the database. I can program in PHP, asp.net C#, JSP EE. I have no problem using mysql for the database connection.

    Sorry for my bad English as it's not my first nor second language. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.

    submitted by /u/iraduloveit
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up a staging/test environment for clients.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 12:59 PM PDT

    I am currently setting up my staging/test site for clients to view on www.mydomainname.com/test - but have been told it's not ideal practice.

    Can anyone point me in the direction of methods used to set it up as www.testing.mydomainname.com

    Ideally a reason why my method is bad practice?

    Would it be hard to setup a login to said testing.mydomainname.com so not just anyone could view it?

    Really appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/plomo_o_plomo
    [link] [comments]

    Working with a medical clinic startup - Securely storing forms for an offsite doctor to sign

    Posted: 03 May 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    Any cheap/free solutions out there for this, eventually I'm going to be building that functionality into the site but short term they need something.

    The documents will be in PDF format.

    submitted by /u/Folters
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment