• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 3, 2018

    Web developers who are earning as freelancers,how do/did you acquire your clients? web developers

    Web developers who are earning as freelancers,how do/did you acquire your clients? web developers


    Web developers who are earning as freelancers,how do/did you acquire your clients?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 06:02 AM PST

    Automatic visual diffing with Puppeteer

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 09:23 AM PST

    How SVG works and a cool form example at the end

    Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:19 PM PST

    Has webdev become easier for you to learn as you gain experience?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 11:27 AM PST

    About to apply for Junior Developer Jobs, need help/feedback.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 11:36 AM PST

    Some background: I completed my graduation in CS in July 2017 and did a frontend internship from August to December 2017. I worked on Angular 1 mostly but I also made an API in PHP myself (mostly googling stuff, don't remember most of it) and wrote required SQL queries myself. I'll start applying for Junior Developer Jobs from Monday and I mostly wanted to know what should I include in my resume. I have just finished working on a fullstack todo-list project (mern-stack-todoapp) where I used MERN stack but I would like to know if this is enough to include it in my resume? Also Some of the projects that I worked on haven't been made live by the company yet so should I mention them or not? Lastly I'd like to know does including a todo list project would actually do me any good because I recently read on a thread here that people don't actually consider them good enough to judge a candidate. Thanks in advance guys. I'd really appreciate some advice.

    submitted by /u/ChanChanMan09
    [link] [comments]

    What is your stack on the business side?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 03:06 PM PST

    I'm the programmer of a small 5 team agency and were looking for tools and services to help maximize our efficiency. Currently we are all over the place with dealing with clients....sometimes they call, sometimes they directly email or text me instead of our product manager. So it's a pain to track what task is done when.

    What do you/your team use to help ? What about keeping track of all clients passwords?

    We currently use Trello, dashlane, gathercontent.com and of course Slack with G Suite for calendars/email, etc. We also used to use Basecamp.

    Any other suggestions (preferably on the low-cost/free side)? But if it saves time, I'm sure the boss won't mind the cost.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/parityhero
    [link] [comments]

    Pokéservices: Microservices, evolved

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 02:55 PM PST

    How do I submit website files to a client?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 02:50 PM PST

    I am just finishing up my associate degree in web design. While I did learn the basics for creating websites, I didn't learn much about the client process and actually "handing over" my HTML, CSS, and JS.

    1.) When it comes to handing over the files to the client, is that all I do? Do I purchase hosting on their behalf, or...?

    2.) The website I am currently designing has a table that displays who has reserved a certain rental cabin per week. That information needs to be updated regularly. Does the client email me to have me update it, or do I teach him the basics of HTML5 tables (i.e. <td>) and let him update it himself?

    submitted by /u/Wituhm30
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback platform for web developers

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 02:41 PM PST

    Give and get feedback

    Trying to spread feedback culture. :)

    submitted by /u/nethoinkz
    [link] [comments]

    Restrict ALL direct file access with .htaccess

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 08:19 AM PST

    Pretty simple, yet fucking impossible for me to Google:

    I want all direct file access redirected to the folder wherein the file resides:

    Redirect this:

    domain.tld/file.txt domain.tld/subfolder/file.txt domain.tld/subfolder/subfolder/file.txt 

    to this (respectively):

    domain.tld domain.tld/subfolder domain.tld/subfolder/subfolder 

    Basically, I only want users to have access to index.php and only by visiting the directory, not the file (or any file) directly.

    ... Help?

    submitted by /u/foreskin_fart
    [link] [comments]

    Is this an acceptable landing page?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 02:16 PM PST

    I've been learning for a month or less, I'm (semi) working on my first project, a website for an animal shelter.

    I'm awful at coming up with design ideas, so I'm thinking this might work for a landing page: https://i.imgur.com/Fg3r9Dl.png

    Notes: The black borders are all the same height and width, even though that's not reflected in the shitty MSpaint pic. They are supposed to be background images.

    Pros:

    • Easy to code and update
    • Looks modern

    Cons:

    • The design for the rest of the website is obviously not going to be the same as this, so I have to come up with another design that's cohesive with this one.

    • I need to find images that work as a background

    Thoughts? Examples of websites that use this design? Are there any websites where I can type something, and it'd show me well designed websites related to that something? For example, "animal rights" would show me websites regarding animal rights with good design.

    Also, would I use section or div for each part?

    submitted by /u/-Xichael
    [link] [comments]

    Portfolio Feedback for a prospective Junior Web Dev. Please don't bite.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 01:49 PM PST

    Interactive WebGL editor

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 01:17 PM PST

    "In the Loop" [JSconf Asia 2018] - Great insights about the Event Loop and HTML rendering

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 05:33 AM PST

    How can I change a video background to a static background on mobile breakpoint?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 01:02 PM PST

    So I understand that I need to set a media query and apply some css to it but I don't know much more than that.

    How can I stop the video tag from being displayed and instead display an image tag inside that div on x breakpoint?

    Thanks for any help or advice you can give - much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ArexBawrin
    [link] [comments]

    Cheapass Parallax

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 12:59 PM PST

    What are your thoughts on plugins like Disqus and Muut?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 12:57 PM PST

    I've been meaning to create a hackernews style website.

    I am aware that learning to code and coding everything from scratch is better and more creative but because I'm still a beginner and because I need the website to be up and running asap due to time constraints (I barely have money to eat), I decided to create my website just by using CMS (currently learning Word Press) and Plugins. I will continue to learn to code better along the way.

    • I'm looking into creating a simple minimalistic hacker news style site so, there will only be one newsfeed with people posting there only. P

    • People should be able to register just by giving a username and password (no email or phone number bullshit).

    • And nested (aka threaded?) comments are also a must of course.

    Does anybody have experience with such Plugins?

    I'm not sure if the two Plugins I described are just 'comment plugins' or 'forum plugins'.

    Do these plugins allow user registration without email and offer nested comments?

    If I ever in the future decide to redesign or restructure my website by coding everything again from scratch, will using these plugins allow me to maintain my database (usernames and passwords, user submitted data)?

    Thank you!!!

    submitted by /u/nothingtoshowguy
    [link] [comments]

    [Elementor/HTML] Moving the close button in the image light box

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 12:10 PM PST

    So my menu covers the close button and on mobile users cant click the close button, any idea how to solve this? Pic related: https://puu.sh/zfWJp/653f01356b.jpg

    submitted by /u/xChapx
    [link] [comments]

    Rising Of New Photo format? It could leave JPEG in the dust

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 12:04 PM PST

    [SoS] Looking for Critiques on my New Portfolio

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 08:08 AM PST

    Hello webdev! So this past week I've finally felt comfortable enough to make a portfolio for my work and hopefully use as a base to find some work (seeing as my resume would be really week for this field). This community has been a great help and source of really neat resources, so I'd like to thank everyone that posts here as well.

    If this isn't allowed (Not sure if show off Saturday is a thing yet), I understand it will be removed, but anyways https://volence.github.io/Volence

    submitted by /u/Volence
    [link] [comments]

    printThis - print specific & multiple DOM elements while preserving styling

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 11:53 AM PST

    Challenges for web developers

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 11:11 AM PST

    How much is enough before you're ready for your first web development job?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 11:04 AM PST

    I kinda wanted to make this thread a bit more useful for other people, so in general I was wondering what kind of concrete markers should you hit in order to get your first web dev job especially when you don't have a CS degree.

    Because right now, I'm like. Maybe I should learn how to run automated testing like mocha/chai/jest/Travis CI. Or maybe I should re-deploy my webapp from Heroku onto AWS. Or maybe I should spend more time on algorithms.

    Sure the more time you spend studying+building portfolio the easier it'll be to get a job/gig, but there's a point of diminishing returns and I was curious what r/webdev thinks that is.

    This is my portfolio: https://quickshift.io/project-summaries/ If anyone has any questions about how I did some stuff or want help grabbing some code, I can help you out there =)

    submitted by /u/QuickShift_io
    [link] [comments]

    Is it efficient to make a website(for mobile) with more than 5 html 5 mp4 videos?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 03:48 AM PST

    My boss is a fucking asshole. He doesn't understand shit about UX and only cares about UI. Now.. I made a website exactly like how he wants and optimised it to the core but the website still lags on mobile devices coz obviously it got 5 fucking videos.

    Is it really efficient to make a website(for mobile view) with so many HTML5 videos?

    submitted by /u/ThePreacher19021
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment