• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 27, 2022

    Issue with Data Structures I - proofs Computer Science

    Issue with Data Structures I - proofs Computer Science


    Issue with Data Structures I - proofs

    Posted: 26 Feb 2022 10:16 PM PST

    Hey, just had my first Data Structures course and the instructor wasn't so clear about how to do proofs and disproof's of different algorithms being equal to each other via asymptotic notation. Are there good resources to brush up on it in under 2 hours?

    Sample proof just to show you where I'm struggling: prove or disprove: I know the omega sign means that f(n) is not better than g(n), I also plugged in several numbers to show that this is in fact true... I am having issues doing it like it was proven in class via moving variables around etc. IMO the left side is much worse than the right, so just saying it is not better might not be enough- i'd argue that it's little omega 3n2 +0.5n4 -2log⁡n=Ω(n4)

    submitted by /u/avipars
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft's AI computing platform Singularity's architecture adopts my Warehouse/Workshop Model

    Posted: 26 Feb 2022 06:38 PM PST

    Ethics in The NFT Space: How an OpenSea Transaction Works (Semi-Self Plug)

    Posted: 26 Feb 2022 08:36 PM PST

    Hi guys, recently I've been working on educating people on how not to get scammed in the NFT space. I wasn't really into NFTs before all this, but I am deeply concerned with ethics in computing. At the moment, I think the NFT space shows the clearest misuse of tech by a large population of inexperienced users and developers since the .com boom. Up until now, I've generally been trying to help people directly, through discord chats, etc. but it's becoming a bit hard to scale reach like this. I just put out a thread deck on how OpenSea actually handles auctions. This is part of a wider series I'm doing (inspired by last week's huge attack) on how phishing scams are actually implemented and what could possibly be done by OS and users to prevent them. It took quite a lot of time making the XMLs so any love you could give it is greatly appreciated! Help a fellow dev? <3 - https://twitter.com/J_Massey__/status/1497780177522376705

    submitted by /u/Masszi_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment