• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    Which areas of computer science besides ML/AI involve a lot of math? Computer Science

    Which areas of computer science besides ML/AI involve a lot of math? Computer Science


    Which areas of computer science besides ML/AI involve a lot of math?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    Algorithms? Parallelism and Concurrency?

    Which areas involve Statistics and Probability. I'm looking to apply to an MSc in CS and my interest is mainly in areas that involve lots of math. However I don't want to work with ML or AI.

    I don't really like it that much and I feel that it has become trendy. Besides that most programs that have that as an option have too much demand.

    submitted by /u/Braxis99
    [link] [comments]

    This image is taken from grady booch's book, can anyone explain how is type mismatch occuring in this image, The image looks fine to me.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    Has anyone developed a passion for computer science later on?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    Im a uni student doing the basic stuff. Has anyone developed a passion for cs as there work got more complex?

    submitted by /u/ispeelrlyweel
    [link] [comments]

    Why are computer systems and interactions so comparable to biological systems?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I have recently read The Cuckoo's Egg: Tracking a Spy Through the Maze of Computer Espionage, where the author opened my eyes to the following:

    • Software diversity is like biological diversity, a virus that infects windows machines won't work in linux/mac

    • The exploit mentioned in the book is comparable to the reproduction cycle of a cuckoo

    • Many computer programs has biological names like "virus" and "worm" and behave like those organisms, reproducing and trying to survive

    • You can use biology to make a comparison with almost every computer interaction and vice versa

    Why is that?

    submitted by /u/LordMitre
    [link] [comments]

    Data flow diagram using Eriksson-Penker?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Hello, is it possible (if so, how?) to model Data flow diagram using eriksson-penker notation? I did not find any examples of doing so.

    submitted by /u/romanzdk
    [link] [comments]

    TIFU by dropping a class I didn’t know I had an A in.. ��

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    I didn't drop the class today. I dropped my algorithms class a couple weeks ago because I needed to focus on another computer org to bring my grade up from a failed midterm.

    The class I dropped was entirely asynchronous and the prof is either a vampire or is back in China because the hours he posts are absurd. Literally just got 2/3 of the big project grades back after months and got full credit on both of them. Meanwhile, in my other class I have a 60 flat because I got absolutely rocked on a midterm I thought I was ready for. I only had one grade back at the withdrawal deadline so I thought it was safer just to drop the class I was clueless about because at least I knew it was possible to bring my other grade up. Literally the only reason I felt like I was failing was because I knew I was doing so poorly in the other class.

    This is a pretty boring post for this sub but I had to share somewhere in case no one swipes on my sc story.

    TLDR: Found out I was failing one of my major classes and dropped another class that I was unsure about so that I could refocus. Turns out I was doing way better in the class I dropped. SAD!

    submitted by /u/zaserman
    [link] [comments]

    [R] Google ‘mT5’ Pretrained Text-to-Text Transformer Achieves SOTA Performance on Multilingual Benchmarks

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    Google researchers recently introduced mT5, a multilingual variant of the tech giant's "Text-to-Text Transfer Transformer" (T5), pretrained on a new Common Crawl-based dataset covering 101 languages. As discussed in the Synced article Google T5 Explores the Limits of Transfer Learning, the T5 leverages a unified text-to-text format and scale to attain state-of-the-art results across a wide variety of English-language NLP tasks.

    Here is a quick read: Google 'mT5' Pretrained Text-to-Text Transformer Achieves SOTA Performance on Multilingual Benchmarks

    The paper mT5: A Massively Multilingual Pre-Trained Text-to-Text Transformer is on arXiv. The associated code and model checkpoints are available on the project GitHub.

    submitted by /u/Yuqing7
    [link] [comments]

    Any interesting computer science books you know of?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of taking computer science at uni and realised I should do some "wider reading". Are there any computer science books (or articles or anything really) that really interested you? Something related to AI, computer architecture or just anything that you found really interesting. Any suggestions welcome :)

    submitted by /u/LionsBro2907
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment