• Breaking News

    Monday, May 25, 2020

    Just started a blog post on the math behind various things in CS. I would appreciate it if you could check it out Computer Science

    Just started a blog post on the math behind various things in CS. I would appreciate it if you could check it out Computer Science


    Just started a blog post on the math behind various things in CS. I would appreciate it if you could check it out

    Posted: 25 May 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    I'm a hobbyist who loves to code in Python and Java. Recently, I started a blog called https://www.byteofmath.com where I basically talk about the math behind different coding concepts. I wrote a blog post on the math behind Support Vector Machines using Lagrangian Optimization, and I would love it if anyone who is interested in machine learning or really just loves computer science and math could check it out. Any advice is appreciated! Please subscribe to get updated content! (P.S Also if you want to write on my blog, you can go to the contact me page, send me a message, and we can make glorious content together!)

    submitted by /u/pl9870
    [link] [comments]

    Aubrey de-Grey's Unit-Distance Graph of 1585 Vertices & 7909 Edges that Proves that the Chromatic № of the Plane is Atleast 5 [909×902]

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Comp Sci Discord Network

    Posted: 24 May 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Hello Computer Science friends, if any of you guys are interested in joining a Comp Sci Discord Networking Community for discussion, JOB SEARCH, ideas, studying, and industrial networking, this is the link, where you could discuss C++, Machine Learning, Data Science, AI, and Python. https://discord.gg/KRZwxzg

    Once you have entered please type ?rank Computer Science

    submitted by /u/marfd
    [link] [comments]

    eCommerce UX Best Practices: 10 Ideas To Improve Your Sales

    Posted: 25 May 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    Please. Someone could help me? Waveform graphic is crashing, python

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    Please. Someone could help me? I made a code for waveform graphic in Python but the graphic is low and crashing. This is my code https://github.com/jellyBott/Python/blob/master/Waveform.py

    submitted by /u/gusart_
    [link] [comments]

    Humble Book Bundle: Definitive Guides to All Things Programming by O'Reilly (pay what you want and help charity)

    Posted: 24 May 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    How do you look at the source code for major apps?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    IEEE-754 floating point is nuts

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Due to taking a course I was forced to look into the details of that standard: I thought the exponent is simply a signed integer. No, two-complement is apparently evil and instead the standard uses a biased exponent. WTF.

    And also heard about it in a video about r/MachineLearning. The standard has holes around zero. So the implicit 1 in the mantissa is nice for all but the lowest value of the exponent. The two lowest values which can be stored in the data format field called "exponent" must mean the same exponent. One of them has an implicit 1 and the other has an implicit 0. This was no big deal for me because I always used 64bits. But for GPU and cray it is a big deal.

    I wonder why they did not make the format compatible with signed int. Save a denormalised mantissa as signed int16 or 32 or 64 and save the exponent as int. Then JS could deal with 64 bit integers as well. The 8087 uses 80 bit internally and seems to use a 64 bit mantissa. So one could share all the circuitry with integers. In appendix p define a packed format

    submitted by /u/IQueryVisiC
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment