• Breaking News

    Monday, May 18, 2020

    How do people even come up with these models of data algorithms? Computer Science

    How do people even come up with these models of data algorithms? Computer Science


    How do people even come up with these models of data algorithms?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    I'm not in the CS field but some of my friends are. It's always crazy to see how they get some random math concept like topology and then suddenly say "therefore you can treat data like a 5 dimensional sphere and then do this math and it will be more efficient". Like what kind of mindset do you need to come up with these ideas?

    submitted by /u/Granimal-Boofluff
    [link] [comments]

    Any good project ideas for Machine Learning/Deep Learning + Web Development?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    Hey there folks, I am a CS Sophomore going to my junior year with some knowledge of Machine Learning , Deep Learning and Web Development. I wanted to do a project which involves both a good back end + Machine Learning/Deep Learning along with front end to see it working in action. However , most of the time , what i see is that whenever people combine those , they only treat the web development part as taking an input to the Machine Learning algorithm working on back end.

    Note: I am not asking for beginner projects , since it is quarantine period , I am ready to devote my time to something interesting / tough to build.

    submitted by /u/talha1503
    [link] [comments]

    I will be pursuing an undergraduate degree in economics with a minor in CS at UCLA this Fall. Will this route be sufficient enough for me to be a software developer if I one day decide to change my career path to CS?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    My options are UCLA for business economics or NYU for CS. I only have until Tuesday to finalize my decisions. I've only taken C++ and I loved every second of it. But I know CS is more than programming, it requires a lot of effort in and outside of class and I don't know if I can handle it. NYU is also extremely expensive. Any input will be greatly appreciated, thank you so much.

    submitted by /u/msymple
    [link] [comments]

    Does going to a bootcamp increase your chances of finding work?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    Does doing a bootcamp increase your chances of finding a job in the industry? I am soon to graduate with a Computer Science degree from an Australian university (I'm an Australian woman living in Melbourne), but I have been unable to find a job anywhere. I have a high gpa and decent portfolio, but can't even get an interview for an unpaid internship, as it is so competitive. I am looking at perhaps doing a bootcamp. Would your recommend this?

    submitted by /u/confused_67
    [link] [comments]

    I am attempting to completely overhaul the Windows XP UI for a friend who is going through a lot. As JFK said: "Serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win"

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    GJira: I wrote a Git pre-commit hook which adds Jira issue and story to commit body by checking the branch

    Posted: 17 May 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Numbers everyone should know

    Posted: 17 May 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    In putting together some materials about Systems Design interviews, I found a few references to this: https://everythingisdata.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/numbers-everyone-should-know/

    It's 11 years old now, so I was wondering whether anyone knew of an updated version, or a similar repository.

    submitted by /u/stackdynamicsam
    [link] [comments]

    [D] Example Weighting for Deep Representation Learning using IMAE and DM

    Posted: 17 May 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Technical Usability of Wikidata’s Linked Data: Evaluation of Machine Interoperability and Data Interpretability

    Posted: 17 May 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Como Sci Degree

    Posted: 17 May 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Would a masters In comp sci get me any kind of comp sci job I want? Or do I have to have a B.S. in it as well?

    submitted by /u/woodsonwade
    [link] [comments]

    What does it means innovative project ideas in colleges?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    What are the things I should concern when choosing an idea?

    submitted by /u/lucifer955
    [link] [comments]

    Which language is best to learn?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    So I'm pretty new to programming. I've only done one semester in python, while studying physics at university and I really enjoy it. So I wanted to carry on with programming over the summer but I wanted to know which language is the most useful career wise, as I want to end up somewhere in the field of programming. So which one will be good to learn over the summer and may open a lot of doors?

    submitted by /u/UnchartedQuasar
    [link] [comments]

    Programming ideas

    Posted: 17 May 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    I've gotten very bored with being in isolation recently and decided retake up programming. I used to do it a few years ago so will pick it back up fairy quickly but im by far means an expert. My job is very practical so can't really create anything to do with that. Has anyone got any cool ideas / game ideas I could try making

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/AFrenchBanana
    [link] [comments]

    I made a note about "object" with the feynman technique

    Posted: 17 May 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment