• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 28, 2020

    A word from Dijkstra Computer Science

    A word from Dijkstra Computer Science


    A word from Dijkstra

    Posted: 27 May 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    New LaTeX.CSS Library Enables Websites to Look Like LaTeX Docs

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Zurich-based student and aspiring full-stack software engineer Vincent Dörig has taken LaTeX to the website level with his GitHub project LaTeX.css.

    Here is a quick read: New LaTeX.CSS Library Enables Websites to Look Like LaTeX Docs

    The source code is on the project GitHub.

    submitted by /u/Yuqing7
    [link] [comments]

    DAE think that there will be more Online Master's in Computer Science programs coming out soon?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    Everyone has heard of OMSCS from GA Tech, so I was surprised to hear that UT Austin started offering a MSCSO two years ago. UIUC also has one but it's priced much more conventionally, not as cheap as these two. ASU's is also more expensive, though it's not as known for a good CS dept like the other three schools do.

    Anyone think that there will be more and more online MS degrees in CS getting launched in the next five years? Especially if online schooling and remote work become more mainstream because of public health issues?

    submitted by /u/IrateInterviewee
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on how to find a research opportunity as grad student

    Posted: 27 May 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Can anyone share tips/advice on how to find a research opportunity as a master's student ? I have emailed many professors in my department but they never respond to my emails.

    Every professor expects me to understand their previous work but it just seems impossible to invest so much time in studying their previous work with no guarantee that they'll let you volunteer.

    Looking at it practically I have 3 months of summer and usually studying someone's previous work takes atleast a week.

    submitted by /u/Monstrous_moonshine
    [link] [comments]

    PhD in Europe?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I just recently finished my undergraduate degree in computer science, and will go back to school for another year to get a masters degree (1 year program).

    I have been exploring a lot of options and one of them is a PhD in abroad but more specifically interested in Europe.

    I have done some searching and I found a thread here but it is from 9 years ago so maybe some new information will come up.

    One of my questions is in regards to actually qualifying for the programs, I have seen that you need an MS to apply, but not sure if mine would be eligible since it is only a year program.

    I am primarily interested in the UK, and Spain, or other locations that have good programs.

    I am not sure if I should search by the specific area i'm interested but currently I am looking at visual computing or human computer interaction.

    I am fluent in Spanish.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Spontida
    [link] [comments]

    "Floor" Y axis in 2D coordinate plane

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am wondering if there is an easy way to detect that bottom of the Y axis and "normalize" the bottom so they all match up with some transformation.

    I am trying to make the rows more or less line up so that this image forms more of a rectangular grid. Similar to this image: https://i.imgur.com/ICdK0CQ.png

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/bubushkinator
    [link] [comments]

    Partner up gor learning compsci

    Posted: 27 May 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Hi there, I was learning python, but sometimes i lose motivation to do anything. So, I was thinking of partnering up with someone so that we could help and lift up each other. I have finished, ' Automate the boring stuff with python' Now I'm in the middle if 'Begin to code with python' by Rob Miles.

    submitted by /u/waheedca321
    [link] [comments]

    From Adobe researchers: State of the art in High-Resolution Image Inpainting

    Posted: 27 May 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    how do i create a public key for a shift cipher

    Posted: 27 May 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    Hi i am creating a simple shift cipher up to 25 letters. I am wondering how the public key works how do I make that for this cipher. Does that even apply here ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/varietyjones69
    [link] [comments]

    Using objects in sparse matrix implementation

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    I have been asigned to implement a sparse matrix using arrays. For example: arr_col, arr_row, arr_value. I was wondering, how different is this from storing each value and its position in a class with atributes row and column, in terms of memory size?

    submitted by /u/ExtantWord
    [link] [comments]

    Finished with your first programming course and not sure how to go on? The Stanford Code in Place team shares a roadmap with what courses to follow and where to find information about them

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment