• Breaking News

    Monday, February 7, 2022

    Built data analysis platform optimized for web developers web developers

    Built data analysis platform optimized for web developers web developers


    Built data analysis platform optimized for web developers

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 06:18 PM PST

    How the hell do you structure your Frontend JavaScript.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 04:53 AM PST

    Recently been focusing my time leaning frontend, something I have been putting off.

    Started building a project the other night and started confusing my self. Was forgetting where functions were, going through multiple files to find it and the forgetting why I was finding it in the first place. Anyway long story short I have no clear idea on how to structure front end js(vanilla)

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Round_Log_2319
    [link] [comments]

    No-JS fingerprinting

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 12:48 AM PST

    Where should I practice CSS?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 03:31 AM PST

    I thought of replicating designs from Behance in HTML/CSS. Is it a good idea?

    submitted by /u/wade_wilson2120
    [link] [comments]

    How to keep API keys secret without a backend?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 06:59 AM PST

    I'm trying to make a simple search engine SPA using an API I found on RapidAPI. I need to use an API key for my queries, and would like to hide them in some way. I can't pay for a server (plus it's a toy project so I don't want to either), so if this is possible without a server, that'd be great. If not, I'm open to using free alternatives.

    I'm using: Netlify for continuous deployment from Github, Alpine.js (and vanilla JavaScript) for reactivity and queries.

    submitted by /u/sejigan
    [link] [comments]

    How much should I charge?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 07:10 AM PST

    I have a friend who runs a small clothing business and he has a site he made using shopify (no code). I am in a web development class and a software engineering class, and I discussed w him the idea of me building an improved version of the site using ruby on rails after I finish the courses, and maintaining it in the future as a web dev. My question is, how much should I charge for this kind of work? I am not sure how much he makes, but I think it is decent revenue because his stuff is somewhat popular, at least in the area we are from. Could anyone estimate what I could charge, preferably in terms of percentage of total revenue, or if you have an exact dollar figure/range that could help too. Idk much about this kind of thing so sorry if its a stupid question. This is a high level idea so far so not much details have been discussed, just wanted to get an estimate cause I wouldn't do it for free.

    submitted by /u/tjdshroomer
    [link] [comments]

    Stack Overflow will discontinue Jobs and Developer Story

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 01:06 AM PST

    OAuth Grant Types: Explained

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 12:35 AM PST

    First day as a full-time employee. Any tips related to performance reviews, future opportunities, knowledge expansion?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 03:19 AM PST

    Hi.

    Today is my first day as a full-time Software Engineer. I'm pretty confident of my skills because I've been working with this company as a freelancer. Now as a full-time employee, I have a bigger role and responsibility. I would love to know your thoughts on some of the questions I have:

    1. There is going to be a quarter-wise performance review and then an annual salary appraisal review. What things should I keep in mind for this? Is there anything that I should keep a record of? How do I maintain that?
    2. Should I keep looking for new jobs (if they offer a higher salary) or stick with this one? I actually believe that job-hopping can be a dangerous thing especially when my current offer is pretty generous.
    3. Any other tips you'd like to give me.

    Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/ravgeet
    [link] [comments]

    How to Favicon in 2022: Six files that fit most needs

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 05:28 AM PST

    how can i achieve this design. i tried putting border on a skewed div. doesn't work.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 05:16 AM PST

    I can’t hack sh*t together

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 01:14 AM PST

    I am a experienced developer with nodejs, react and graphql technologies. Whenever I decide to do a hobby project I feel drowned in the sea of information. Tons of JS libraries, best practices, different opinions. At this stage, perfectionism kicks in and I end up trying technologies I don't know. Whenever I try to hack it, my brain just doesn't accept to do the sloppy way.

    How do you fight with this? I could not even finish one hobby project in my entire career..

    Edit: I just want to thank everyone who replied under this post. I am reading all of the comments and there are really nice recommendations from all of you. Thank you! This means a lot.

    submitted by /u/berksie133
    [link] [comments]

    Website delivery

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 05:09 PM PST

    How would I deliver a website to a client after having finished coding it. I could just zip it and send them the file but I have a funny feeling that's not it. Would I have to host it for the client and then transfer ownership somehow?

    How would this change if I used / didn't use services like WordPress?

    Edit: I've been informed there is an agreement upon this with the client.

    submitted by /u/SmollBollBob
    [link] [comments]

    NPM users, how do you handle your package-lock.json files in version control?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 07:50 AM PST

    Curious to see what people's responses are. On my team I feel like we don't have a good strategy right now (everyone commits them kinda whenever they want when the file changes locally), and I'm anticipating that'll create headaches in the future.

    Additionally, I'd love to hear if you're using npm workspaces and how that might have changed your tactics. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/drumcorpsdrummer22
    [link] [comments]

    Junior Web Developer Here, Where to go Now?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 11:46 PM PST

    Hi There, I am junior web developer with 1 year of experience in ReactJS, NextJS and for the backend technologies I have worked with NodeJs,Express JS and MongoDB and GraphQL.
    I also have some experience using Docker.

    I am currently working as a Junior Web Developer and have intermediate knowhow of these technologies. Still I want to know what should I do next?

    Should I learn some new Technologies? I like working on backend but don't where to go next?

    What are your thoughts and advice?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MadKing00
    [link] [comments]

    Is pagination preferred for a list of blog posts?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 12:57 AM PST

    I am creating a statically generated personal blog, and am wondering if it is better to have a page with pagination, or nixing the pagination and having every post displayed with a brief description.

    What is preferred from a readability and useability standpoint, especially taking into account, accessibility?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/surroundedmoon
    [link] [comments]

    angular vs react vs ... in a non-technical way

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 02:26 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    I've read a lot of comparisons on frontend libraries and frameworks. I'm very aware what are the pros and cons of each one and what seems to be suitable for my projects.

    But, I still don't know what to do in case of the ownership of the framework itself. Angular is from Google, react is from Facebook and so on. Vue seems to be the only alternative if you won't support named tech giants.

    Am I the only one who is questioning this? I didn't find any post on this non-technical comparison.

    One of my questions is to give a little more context. Shall I use react even when I absolutely dislike facebook/meta as a company? Vice versa with Google and others.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/paderich
    [link] [comments]

    Create a Server-Side Rendered App using Remix JS

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 08:17 AM PST

    Web Dev degree vs Comp Sci

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 08:15 AM PST

    My goal is to get into Front-End Web Dev. I'm currently pursuing a CS degree through SNHU (just starting, but have a previous bachelors so it's core classes only), however, I've found a local private university that offers a BS in Integrated Technology - Web Development that would be quicker to complete and more affordable. My question is, would it be worth the switch?

    I understand that CS is more general and would probably allow for a wider net in terms of potential jobs, but I am not looking to become a SWE or programmer, I'm really interested in Front-End only. I wanted to know if anyone else has gotten a degree in web development and how much success they've had with that versus a CS degree. I've gone over the curriculum and it seems a lot more application-based instead of the theory-heavy CS, and it feels like it would be more focused on what I actually want to do. Obviously the end goal is maximizing the ability to become employable, so I was interested in people's perspectives.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/BlackAsphaltRider
    [link] [comments]

    How can one access or display error messages to the frontend during authentication while using passport js?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 08:12 AM PST

    Practicing authentication starting first with Passport Local Strategy. I want to display e.g "no user exists with this username" under the form input if username is not in db. There a bunch of message objects one writes when defining the strategy. How can one display these messages?

    I guess it has to do with the passport.authenticate Middleware. Is there a clean way to display these error messages?

    submitted by /u/The-motto
    [link] [comments]

    npx create-react-app my-app shows npm ERR! code EAI_AGAIN

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 08:07 AM PST

    While trying to use create-react-app I encountered this problem. Now any npm install command shows the same error message after about 2 minutes of loading. Here is the full error message.

    I'm using the latest versions of Node and npm.

    npm ERR! code EAI_AGAIN npm ERR! syscall getaddrinfo npm ERR! errno EAI_AGAIN npm ERR! request to http://registry.npmjs.org/create-react-app failed, reason: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN ip_address npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: npm ERR! /home/heyyayesh/.npm/_logs/2022-02-07T15_49_01_778Z-debug.log 

    I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/heyyayesh
    [link] [comments]

    How to Use Environment Variables in Postman

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 08:03 AM PST

    Can React/React Native/GraphQL be affected by the crises that facebook is currently facing ? will React developers be in a dangerous spot ?!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 04:10 AM PST

    I really dont like the facebook app and the company in general ( that's just my opinion, these apps are great and definitely useful for some people ) but i really love technologies that this company brought.

    Can the job market be affected by the Apple/Facebook thing, are react developers safe ?

    submitted by /u/redpillEli
    [link] [comments]

    An Interactive Explanation of How GPS Works

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 10:05 PM PST

    Can you fetch YouTube subtitle with python?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 07:07 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment