• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 2, 2021

    Looking for a Beginners Guide to Git learn programming

    Looking for a Beginners Guide to Git learn programming


    Looking for a Beginners Guide to Git

    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 03:30 PM PST

    Hey all, I have worked in smaller shops for years that used TGS, Visual SourceSafe and others, but never Git. Knowing Git is a skill I need. Can someone recommend a Git for Idiots or similar tutorial that worked for you when learning Git from the start?

    submitted by /u/Benignvanilla
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to be intimidated when you're learning a new language?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 03:30 PM PST

    I even joined its Discord server (it's Python) but everyone's code in that server looks like a combination of beautiful, clean and smart.

    Do you know that feeling when you pick up a new language and you keep thinking in terms of the old language the moment everyone else uses its full strength, and you're like "omg wtf am I doing?"

    I'm at that point and I procrastinate instead of facing my inner voice yelling on how much I suck.

    submitted by /u/Fundies_Dundies
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with not wanting to solve problems

    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 02:08 PM PST

    Hi! Sort of wanted to vent and also ask for advice at the same time. I am a Sophomore pursuing COmputer Science. Suddenly I have lost almost all the will to code .

    Initially it used to be exciting for me to get into a problem and thinking creatively to solve one. But for some reason for the past few days , anything that doesn't have a clear answer is giving me pretty good anxiety , its as if the enthusiasm has completely left me and the joy of finally being able to solve a problem is also not there anymore. This in turn makes me feel more worthless as I am unable to build really anything . At one point I was really into it and was messing with everything I could , trying to figure out how things worked but now that I look at it , the field feels competitive and there's just so much fear surrounding whether I am good enough to make it or not. The thing is no more about just doing what you wanna do , but it feels competitive , and I feel I will never make it. I am stuck with python and I can see how hard it is to actually even get an internship with the tech stack I currently claim to have experience on . I feel I am very biased and hence won't excel as a programmer . Everything is taking a toll and it makes me wanna quit everything for a while and not think about it. But doing that would just increase the whole thing more.

    How do I deal with fear of not being enough?

    submitted by /u/kawaiibeans101
    [link] [comments]

    Really negative experience with programming

    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 01:29 PM PST

    I am a CS student, how do people like being a programmer and always having problems and always failing on all of them?

    I failed again my coding assignments and I am really tired of switching programming languages and the poor introduction of them in college. I think all of this learning is a complete waste of time.the only way to pass the assignments is to watch countless hours of courses for the class that was supposed to teach me the language.

    Is this the life of a programmer, will I be able to focus at something after I get my degree ?

    Will I always have to work for 8 hours (let's say 8 I don't know the actual hours that jobs need) and then keep trying to learn things I don't know ?

    submitted by /u/Super-Promise-3794
    [link] [comments]

    how do I source an academic paper when using an algorithm it describes in my code?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 04:30 PM PST

    I am trying to make chess in python, and came across this paper.

    if I end up implementing the algorithm it describes, how do I source it? do I just make a comment with a link to the paper or do I have to do something in the readme file (on Github). am i even supposed to source?

    also, am I even allowed to implement it without permission?

    submitted by /u/SideWindows
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with "float in C"

    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 04:25 PM PST

    I started learning programming today and I can't seem to find a solution to this because all the other solutions are on harder problems that I don't really get...
    This is what it looks like

    #include <stdio.h>

    int main(){

    float broj 1, broj 2, aSredina;

    printf("1. broj: ");

    scanf("%lf, &broj 1");

    printf("2. broj: ");

    scanf("%lf, &broj 2");

    aSredina = (broj 1 + broj 2) / 2 ;

    prntf("Aritmeticka sredina broja 2 je %.2d", aSredina)

    return 0;

    }

    For some reason float is not working and it says, error; expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or 'attribute'

    submitted by /u/Valuable_Soup_9688
    [link] [comments]

    [Software Security Help] maven-dependency-check false positives

    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 04:16 PM PST

    Hey there, I'm hoping someone here can guide me on how to figure out this assignment. We've been given a codebase, and instructions on how to implement and run maven dependency check, which I've done.

    The next step is to find and suppress false positives, and I'm really struggling with the "find" part. I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find any course materials on how to identify a false positive or examples of false positives. A resource was linked (Reading the report, https://jeremylong.github.io/DependencyCheck/general/thereport.html), and the closest thing to an explanation was:

    These false positives are primarily on the CPE values. If the CPE value is wrong, this is usually obvious, one should use the suppression feature in the report to generate a suppression XML file that can be used on future scans. In addition to looking at the CPE values in comparison to the name of the dependency one may also consider the confidence of the CPE (as discussed in How does dependency-check work). See the Suppressing False Positives page for more information on how to generate and use the suppression file.

    It says a wrong CPE value is usually obvious, so maybe I'm just blind, but I don't know what a wrong CPE value looks like, how many CPE values are supposed to be present, etc. Am I just supposed to automatically suppress everything with low confidence and move on? It feels like I should be able to definitively verify whether a CPE is correct or not, but I don't know what to compare them to or where to look to confirm. I'm hesitant to reach out to the professor due to a previous poor experience and fear of seeming like an idiot, but I am just so lost.

    Example:

    Dependency: bcprov-jdk15on-1.46.jar

    Description: The Bouncy Castle Crypto package is a Java implementation of cryptographic algorithms. This jar contains JCE provider and lightweight API for the Bouncy Castle Cryptography APIs for JDK 1.5 to JDK 1.7.

    Identifiers:

    pkg:maven/org.bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15on@1.46 (Confidence:High)

    cpe:2.3:a:bouncycastle:bouncy-castle-crypto-package:1.46:*:*:*:*:*:*:* (Confidence:Low)

    cpe:2.3:a:bouncycastle:bouncy_castle_crypto_package:1.46:*:*:*:*:*:*:* (Confidence:Low)

    cpe:2.3:a:bouncycastle:legion-of-the-bouncy-castle-java-crytography-api:1.46:*:*:*:*:*:*:* (Confidence:Highest)

    cpe:2.3:a:bouncycastle:the_bouncy_castle_crypto_package_for_java:1.46:*:*:*:*:*:*:* (Confidence:Low)

    I can tell these are all different, but how do I know for sure if one is correct or incorrect? Can they all be correct?

    This course as a whole has not been my strong suit, but up till now I've gotten by through researching the things I don't quite get, but this assignment, in particular, I can't seem to find any clear answer for, it's all basically "just find the wrong one and suppress it." I just want to understand what I'm supposed to do and what I'm missing, because I'm clearly missing something. I would greatly appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/DeadMiner
    [link] [comments]

    Need to read integer and String from a file in java

    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 04:03 PM PST

    not the exact question but this is how i was going about it:

    import java.io.File; import java.io.FileNotFoundException; import java.util.Scanner; public class Test { public static void main(String[] args) throws FileNotFoundException { Scanner reader = new Scanner( new File("numbers.txt")); String name =""; int ISBN = 0; String Author_name = ""; String publisher = ""; String month = ""; int day = 0; int year = 0; while (reader.hasNext()) { name = reader.nextLine(); ISBN = Integer.parseInt(reader.nextLine()); Author_name = reader.nextLine(); publisher = reader.nextLine(); month = reader.next(); day =Integer.parseInt(reader.next()); year =Integer.parseInt(reader.next()); System.out.println(name); System.out.println(ISBN); System.out.println(Author_name); System.out.println(publisher); System.out.println(month + " "+ day + " " + year ); } } } 

    Now i know that my code is formatted horribly and the logic is probably retarded, but i've just started to code (though that's a lame excuse on it's own) .

    text file:

    Objects First with Java: A Practical Introduction Using BlueJ 156778 David Barnes Prentice Hall Jan 14 2012 MockingJay 123234 Danil Panday Patrick star Jan 15 2014 How to build a snowman 112555 Minahil Fansur Boba G Sept 26 2019 Arrays in java 534566 Alex lee leein maddie Dec 20 2020 Alex in numberland 745534 Lex Luthor Barry Allen Oct 14 2021 

    God i've been at this stupid problem for almost 6 hours now and i honest to God cannot figure it out.

    submitted by /u/gallectus432
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment