• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 19, 2021

    My personal site, built with NextJS and ChakraUI web developers

    My personal site, built with NextJS and ChakraUI web developers


    My personal site, built with NextJS and ChakraUI

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    To everyone starting out, we don't just snap our fingers and get a beautifully designed and feature rich site. It takes time, a lot of time.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    I just wanted to drop a note in here because I've seen this come up so many times. Things like square space and wix will make a boiler plated website super fast, but anything you are going to build that is custom or original _will take a lot of time_.

    I don't want to discourage people from webdev, rather, I want to set some expectation when it comes to building a website on your own. The biggest and most notable thing is that it doesn't happen over night. Websites are comprised of tons of individual features, like tabs, little animations, setting some data on the backend, etc. Each of those features/designs you should treat as a mini project. You should reward yourself after each little addition and know that all those little projects added up are what make a finished site.

    It's no secret that we go about webdev the same way, one little piece at a time (with some stack overflow in between), and after many months or years, we get a fully completed website.

    submitted by /u/integrateus
    [link] [comments]

    I made a web app to convert tweets into images for sharing on social media - snaptweets.com

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    Plutonium – free Next.js template styled with TailwindCSS!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    I've redesigned Uganda medical system and made my first Youtube video out of it. Explaining what UI/UX issues it had and how to I've fixed them. Details in the comments.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:24 AM PDT

    I made a web app that analyzes a topic on Twitter!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    Using the Web Animation API to Build an Animation Library

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    Check out @okikio/animate a JavaScript animation library that I built using the Web Animation API. You can learn more about it on the CSS-Tricks article https://css-tricks.com/how-i-used-the-waapi-to-build-an-animation-library/

    `@okikio/animate`
    has reached ~80% feature parity with other more mature libraries, such as GSAP, and animejs.

    I am planning to build in custom easing functions into the next update tell me what you think on Github repo

    submitted by /u/femikiki
    [link] [comments]

    From JavaScript to TypeScript Crash Course/CheatSheet : Basics

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] I made a web app to paint your GitHub contribution graph ��

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    After failing production release of the large enterprise customer, I've created an open-source feature flag service

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:20 PM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] A game I made using React and Tailwind CSS

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:49 PM PDT

    https://reddit.com/link/o3pj46/video/es5rum0r9a671/player

    Hosted at https://pixelo.juleshwar.dev

    I designed the game on Figma and brought it life with React, Tailwind CSS and Airtable. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/aka_julie
    [link] [comments]

    Created a few logos in CSS, nicely asking for feedback.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm a quite beginner in html and css and I was creating some logos, exercising per se.

    Would like to get some feedback on what sould I do differently and how could I create a some sort of a system of creation.

    Here are the links:

    Reddit SNOO Logo

    Aperture Labs PORTAL game

    UK Railway Logo

    MAV Logo

    CFR Logo

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/andrejmlotko
    [link] [comments]

    [WebStorm] Update open CSS file after saving SASS file like VS Code

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry if it isn't!

    So I have vertically split my WebStorm window. CSS file on one, and SASS file on the other. When I update my SASS file and hit save, the CSS file doesn't update (it updates the changes, it just doesn't show the changes on the file). If I refresh my browser, it shows the changes. But the CSS file itself won't update to show the changes unless I close and reopen the file. Is there any way to get it to update the file on external changes, without having to close/reopen the file?

    submitted by /u/firefiber
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone has a todo app - here’s mine! Made with semantic UI and vanilla js. https://laterbase.netlify.app

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    Google Meet Assistant (GM Assistant) - Turn Off Mic/Camera by default & Join Meetings automatically w/ your Work account

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    Google Meet Assistant (GM Assistant) - Turn Off Mic/Camera by default & Join Meetings automatically w/ your Work account

    Quickly wanted to share a google chrome extension I recently developed. It's called the GM Assistant and with this, you can:

    • Automatically join all your google meet calls with your work account (so you don't have to manually choose your work account before each call).
    • Disable Mic and Camera by default.
    • Start a new meeting with your work account w/ one click.

    Please give it a try. If you end up liking it do consider giving it a rating. If you require any assistance in setting it up feel free to reach out. Any suggestions/feedback are welcome.

    Please refer to F.A.Q on how to set up the extension if required.

    Chrome web store link:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gm-assistant/gnfmffmjjhjhidgghikjiajfbcfhdfmf

    Screenshot:

    https://preview.redd.it/gb41o1cpla671.png?width=228&format=png&auto=webp&s=8be1b7d0dac2fad05079aa5b13378366f919b581

    submitted by /u/ayudhkrgupta14
    [link] [comments]

    A beginner friendly guide to system scalability and reliability

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    I finished updating my Portfolio

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    Last month, I created my portfolio and uploaded it to this subreddit, asking for some advice and what I should improve. I followed the recommendations you made and fixed some problems the website had such as poor mobile design and lack of projects.

    I'm currently finished with the updates and now asking for any additional advice that would make my portfolio noticeable for recruiters or if there's still some issues. Criticisms are welcome.

    https://happy-cori-c1f59f.netlify.app/

    submitted by /u/Itstoolongitwillruno
    [link] [comments]

    I made a free and open source tool for debugging iOS Safari on Windows and Linux

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:39 AM PDT

    How does frontend handle background jobs from server?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    I can't seem I find anything online about how the frontend typically handles asynchronous background jobs on the sever.

    The way I understand it is, from server side, is that the server gets the initial request, sends a 2xx back to the client (so there's not a hanging http request), and then starts a background task. This background task should eventually send a response back to the frontend upon completion. This is the part I can't figure out…

    How can this be done with something like React? I have loading state to display a loading spinner. But my frontend currently stops the loading spinner after that first http response from the sever. I want the loading spinner to stop when the final response that includes the result of the completed background job.

    submitted by /u/laitopezzzz
    [link] [comments]

    How to learn about web development theory?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    When I say theoretical web development I'm talking about the underlying concepts behind web development.

    For example, I'm looking for a central resource that has information like how cookies work, what is server-side vs client-side rendering, how the browser works internally etc.

    I want to dive really deep into these topics but I don't know everything that exists. For example, I didn't know until recently how client/server side rendering worked.

    Is there a good book or website that contains all this knowledge? I mean there's tons of books and websites with a complete reference of JavaScript for example. Is there a book to learn about the foundations and fundamentals of how web development, servers, the internet etc. works?

    submitted by /u/beard446
    [link] [comments]

    Import maps in production?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    It seems import maps are supported in more than half of browsers (Source).

    I am just about to start a small project where browser support isn't a huge issue, and I'd like to try out a bundler-free development experience.

    The tools for generating import maps from NPM packages are pretty outdated. I could manually create the import map from a CDN, which has its own benefits, but it seems a bit manual.

    Are there any tools I'm missing?

    And I'm thinking of transpiling JSX and macros on the fly for development using an express server and transpiling for production. Keeping stuff as close to vanilla as possible. Do any of you have experience with a similar setup?

    I know I'm kind of reinventing the wheel here, but I think removing the bundling step will be great for reducing reducing build times and simplify debugging.

    submitted by /u/morkelpotet
    [link] [comments]

    Blazor bad! “Too new”… “Too early”… “Too X-cuse”

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:45 PM PDT

    I was going to write this in a comment on LinkedIn, but I'm scared of social media because I have an r/unpopularopinion on basically everything ever - but I still want to send the thought into cyberspace…

    In response to a typical discussion regarding adopting technology and every typical high-level discussion point surrounding that - but specifically a guy talking about how Blazor and it being too early this, Microsoft track record that, Silverlight this, Blazor too immature and buggy that… I wanted to respond with -

    "Sometimes I wonder how well updated and maintained people's current stacks are when I see them being dubious towards new stuff.

    We've all seen apps in production where the last merge was 1, 2, 3 years ago… we've all seen that huge list of packages which are all 16 releases behind stable, sometimes I suspect that the people who are content with the "still works so don't touch it" approach and the ones waggling their finger and always being so quick to say "new tech bad".

    I bet Blazor works, but I also bet it has issues… just like MVC!!!!!!!!!!!… only… Blazor objectively better!"

    That's it, thanks.

    submitted by /u/MokeAndSmirrors
    [link] [comments]

    Is ASP.NET Core more popular in startups than it was a few years ago?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    A few years ago, ASP.NET wasn't popular in startups. Did open-sourcing .NET change this? Can you give links to websites of startups using ASP.NET Core?

    submitted by /u/iwiik
    [link] [comments]

    I built a page to acknowledge the effects of Institutional Racism in the United States

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    Best way to initiate download of files between two connected users (websocket)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    So two people are connected to each other in real time by websocket.

    I am looking to trigger file downloads on either side when something is ready on the server. The server would trigger the download whenever it's ready based on chat.

    One way I'm thinking about is to send a notification to the client and then it will call a function on the client side to get a specific url, sending some details relevant to that chat so you know who's who. Then it will pull the file down.

    I've done file downloads before but just not sure if there's something I'm missing/not considering.

    submitted by /u/post_hazanko
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment