• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 8, 2021

    MY HUSBAND GOT A JOB IN WEB DEVELOPMENT! web developers

    MY HUSBAND GOT A JOB IN WEB DEVELOPMENT! web developers


    MY HUSBAND GOT A JOB IN WEB DEVELOPMENT!

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    I hope this is allowed but, if not, feel free to delete this, mods.

    I don't browse here but I know my husband does because he tells me about the posts. He's a self-taught developer (a little under one year of experience) and he just got a fantastic remote job and I'm so proud of him! I love you, u/convsdude99 ❤️❤️❤️

    Edit: thank you for the awards 😊 You guys are too sweet!

    submitted by /u/megannotmeagan
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] Create your own Visual Studio Code color theme! With live preview, of course. | First proper website so feedback is appreciated!

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:39 AM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] I made a set of CSS loaders with plain HTML & CSS

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] - I launched a new personal site!

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:56 AM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] Big Sir - Another Mac OS Clone

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    What’s with the trend of hiding the Log In button?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:10 AM PDT

    Basically title. Be it Typeform, GitHub, or a myriad of other websites, they will hide or obfuscate the Log In button and push the Create an Account form/button. It's incredibly annoying and I can't figure out why anyone would do this rather than just show both. What am I not seeing?

    submitted by /u/Sagarmatra
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] I've decided to make this portfolio template an open source project instead of selling it on ThemeForest. What do you think?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] Slidev - Presentation Slides for Developers

    Posted: 08 May 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] I made a game review website that aggregates and summarises issues reported by users

    Posted: 08 May 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] I made a simple reddit clone using React/Redux, Node.js, and PostgreSQL

    Posted: 08 May 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] Translation manager for web and mobile apps

    Posted: 08 May 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    [ShowOff Saturday] Made some big improvements to my issue bounty platform (rysolv.com)

    Posted: 08 May 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    [Showoff Saturday] I made a little game in React called Find the State. Goal is to find all the contiguous U.S. States on a map. Frontend and Backend code is open sourced.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 07:12 AM PDT

    7 amazing websites that will help you improve your CSS skills

    Posted: 08 May 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    1. Learn to code HTML and CSS
    • Learn how to build beautiful and intuitive websites by way of clear and organized lessons

    https://learn.shayhowe.com

    1. CSS reference
    • CSS Reference is a free visual guide to CSS. It features the most popular properties, and explains them with illustrated and animated content

    https://cssreference.io

    1. CSS tutorial
    • These tutorials on web design & CSS makes learning this stuff fun and easy

    https://csstutorial.net

    1. CSS Layouts
    • This site teaches the CSS fundamentals that are used in any website's layout

    https://learnlayout.com

    1. CSS cheat sheets
    1. CSS Tricks
    • CSS tricks is a great CSS dedicated website where you'll find daily article, tips, tricks and much more

    https://css-tricks.com

    1. Codepip
    • Codepip is the platform for your favorite web development games. Gain an edge in your next interview or project

    https://codepip.com

    ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ -═══════ι▬▬▬▬

    Originally posted here: Link

    submitted by /u/Successful_Donut_928
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] I made a crowdsourcing map for bus routes. First shot at a useful project!

    Posted: 08 May 2021 01:51 AM PDT

    I made a design tool that lets you apply your brand to templates in 1-click (link in comments)

    Posted: 08 May 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    Feeling real low, need some advice on how to go on

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    A bit of context first. So I've been working for like fifteen years in a really crappy job that I've grown to despise. Last year due to covid my job closed down temporarily and I ended up getting some covid relief paycheck (im in Europe) for a year. I had been squeezing my brain for years trying to find some idea to switch careers to no avail and suddenly one month into the covid crisis the light bulb finally lit up. I started freecodecamp and then codecademy and spent one year studying like crazy almost non stop. I also did follow many YouTube tutorials, joined government sponsored boot camps, read resources and documentation, basically made it my entire life for this past year.

    Now for some mysterious reason it appears covid doesn't exist anymore and everything is opening up and so is my crappy job and I'm here once again as depressed as I was one year ago feeling like it all amounted to nothing. My shifts are horrible and I basically have no time or energy for anything (not only programming but basically life in general, it's soul draining as it gets ). I was in the process of creating my first portfolio project to start job seeking and I'm afraid this will just become something that I rarely can dedicate time to (I'll still try my best to use all my spare time towards finishing it) .

    My question specifically is, there may be some small spaces of time when I can try to do some studying at my job and I was wondering what would be advisable to focus on? I can't bring my laptop here so I can't work on projects but I can use the internet and go to freecodecamp, codepen, code wars etc. I'm pretty strong on react, redux, I can get around rest apis on express quite well. I'd say my biggest weaknesses are algorithms, data structures, maybe css I'd need a bit more work (the kind of skills to do the real cool stuff, I know the basics quite well, flex box, grid, basic transitions etc).

    I don't know what should I focus on to improve my chances of finding a job eventually. My project is like 80% done but I still need to actually build a portfolio (which at first will have only one project to showcase), also I have a really crappy cv considering I've never worked in tech. Am I doomed? I'm starting to feel I'll never get out of this place I'm stuck at and it really crushes me inside (and outside too, I'm feeling like shit lately ). I don't think I can go on like this much longer but I also feel like I have no way out.

    Any advice is welcome.

    submitted by /u/Darkmaster85845
    [link] [comments]

    Do you use Twitter?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    It seems to be widely used with web devs. I've only just started using it and feel overwhelmed by the feed and don't enjoy using the app. Maybe I just need to find better people to follow - what has your experience been?

    submitted by /u/gty_
    [link] [comments]

    LPT: You can use the Keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + C" to directly select an element on a webpage. This saves you from opening an inspect element window first.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    LPT: You can use the Keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + C" to directly select an element on a webpage. This saves you from opening an inspect element window first.

    submitted by /u/jiayounokim
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] My first large-scale web development project, a clone of Kahoot!

    Posted: 08 May 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    How can I zoom based on the width of the window / viewport?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Hi! I a complete beginner and trying to hack together a simple static CV webpage. I want the contents to be zoom out if the window is resized after the main width has been reached (although this might not actually be the best design, but I am trying to make it more like a fixed document than responsive). I know I can use zoom (at least on Chrome), so I was hoping to base this on a calculation. I basically want this, but it is not working:

    $width: 1000px; @media (max-width: $width) { zoom: calc(100vw / $width); } 

    I am also attempting to use SASS. There is a higher media query which only applies it when using a desktop, but I do not think it is affecting anything (@media (pointer:fine) and (hover:hover)). I cannot seem to find an answer searching online, but I think it might have something to do with the units needing to be a percentage? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

    Edit: For a clearer explanation, here is the best example I could find: https://i1.wp.com/css-tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/pure-responsive.gif?resize=1024%2C442&ssl=1 from https://css-tricks.com/fun-viewport-units/, but I do not want to change the setup of the fonts.

    submitted by /u/AnotherCasualHuman
    [link] [comments]

    Machine learning workflows to summarize, translate, transcribe and more

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Javascript not loading after deploying the site using Netlify

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm currently learning some web development and I've made a site, hosting it using Netlify.

    The problem is the script is not loading after deploying it, but locally it works. If I open the console in the sources tab there's no .js file appearing only the .html while on local it appears.

    I have all my script files in a separate folder, I tried putting it directly in the main folder but it still doesn't work.

    So what am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/KryXus05
    [link] [comments]

    How do apps like Sling TV / FuboTV, get to live stream video content from different TV channels?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    If I were to create an app that live stream soccer games, where would I find these data sources to process and display them? I was expecting it to be like an API or something but just can't get enough information. Most platforms or services that I found offer services for you as individual or business to live stream YOUR content that you are recording yourself.

    How do these services like SlingTV, FuboTV, etc. get to live stream video content from other sources/TV services like DirecTV, etc?

    submitted by /u/aeum3893
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment