• Breaking News

    Friday, May 7, 2021

    Isn't it ironic? web developers

    Isn't it ironic? web developers


    Isn't it ironic?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    Beautiful PDFs from HTML

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:30 AM PDT

    Why the bad iPhone web app experience keeps coming up in Epic v. Apple

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    pleasestealmyidea.com is now premium after searching for it on GoDaddy

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    I looked up pleasestealmyidea.com on GoDaddy two days in a row, and a few days later pleasestealmyidea.com is magically a premium domain for sale valued at 2k.

    This level of scamming should be punishable by law.

    ---

    Please read this before upvoting:

    This happened a few years ago. Phrasing it as if it were recent was a completely conscious decision, because I don't respect nor like any registrar enough to care about their image and that hasn't changed.

    It did happen, and not just with this domain name. I recommend you run the same experiment.

    I am not affiliated with any registrar. I hate all of them equally.

    submitted by /u/AWildPervertAppears
    [link] [comments]

    Grand Theft Auto (in CSS)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Bad Lighthouse scores got you down?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    Am I wrong for hating my current internship?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:01 AM PDT

    I'm studying a web development vocational training degree/Ciclo formativo in Spain. I've already have web dev experience(HTML, CSS, PHP and self-learnt js) from my last degree(superior I.T network administration vocational training degree), so I kinda know what types of technologies I like(CMS are not one of them).

    Last week I landed as an intern on a tech company, when they interviewed me they asked me what I knew, I told them what I knew and my preferences, which was mostly front-end stuff(Angular, Vue, JS, HTML, CSS), I didn't tell them I had any experience in Wordpress(which I unfortunately have) so I could try and attempt to prevent working with any CMS.

    All I've been doing since I started the internship is working with Joomla and making HTML e-mail templates and I really hate it. I have to make html e-mail templates and make sure they look right in outlook and I have to use tables (it's 2021, who the fuck decided outlook should use word to render HTML instead of a proper browser engine such as webkit, etc...?) , an I'm struggling to position stuff with tables, I hate I can't use flexbox or any modern css code.

    I'm lost with Joomla, Joomla doesn't have a visual feedback of the changes I make, it's counter-intuitive to use and its developer experience and UI sucks(imho).

    I'm supposed to get taught stuff in the internship but the team lead and my internship mentor are too busy to teach me how it works. I feel like I'm doing the job no one wants to do

    Am I wrong for hating this internship?

    submitted by /u/pastrypuffingpuffer
    [link] [comments]

    I made a new course explaining parallax backgrounds with vanilla JavaScript

    Posted: 07 May 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    A small meditation app made with vanilla JavaScript

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    Using MVC structure for WebSockets?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    I'm building a real-time chat app which is heavily reliant on WebSockets. I am using Express.js as the framework.

    For such an app, does it make sense to structure it using the common MVC format, and integrate WebSocket logic in the Controller part of the code? Or is there a better organization format for WebSocket-heavy web applications?

    submitted by /u/Valachio
    [link] [comments]

    readme.so - Easiest Way to Create A README

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:17 AM PDT

    Is anyone else just horrible at front end?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    I mean I'm pathetic at it. The writing JS is fine, but the UI design is just horrible.

    Can't even decide on a background colors. Just keep changing to either a few shades of gray or pure black. Can't decide on a font or font weight. Keep re arranging things. And icons are just painful. And don't get me started on actually naming something I'm creating (instead of just calling all my projects variations of "penis", "balls", "nuts" like a immature idiot.

    Back end is so much easier. Just has to be fast and secure. Doesn't matter it it's pretty.

    submitted by /u/TheCuntHunter6969
    [link] [comments]

    Format input value as user is typing

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    I need help regarding formatting the price as the user is typing. For example, the starting value of the input is 0.00 (need the decimals). As the user types, the value for the input adjusts.

    User presses 1: 1.00
    User presses 5: 15.00
    User presses 3: 153.00
    User presses 2: 1,532.00
    User presses dot: 1,532.00
    User presses 7: 1,532.70

    I hope it makes sense. Are there any vuejs packages that I can use for this?

    submitted by /u/N0obi1es
    [link] [comments]

    How good have you become at improvising UI? (semi-rant)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    I ask this because i've come across many specs from clients (who dont have much technical know how) whose writing when it comes to the technical details of a spec aren't very well defined. Instead, they just write some generic description of what they want the user interaction to be like, without providing much details regarding the process, and it's left to me to improvise what details they want.

    For instance, there was this site that sold thoroughbred horse foals (young horses). They wanted me to implement an addition to the "add new foals to the record" where it shows the family tree without giving me much details regarding how the family tree will be illustrated. Instead of complain, I mostly just sucked it up, try to improvise as well as I could (based on what they want) and make sure that they will be pressed on details in the next meeting.

    Plus I kinda enjoy designing UI anyway despite being a backend dev so it wasn't that bad. In any case i'd say im pretty good at improvising UI.

    But maybe you guys have a different story.

    How good have you become at improvising UI?

    When I say UI, I mean the interaction part of the interface and also the user experience (UX) to some extent. The web design rules don't count as much in this regard

    submitted by /u/ASKABOUT_NOTE_CANVAS
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about align-content, align-items, justify-content, justify-items???

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    https://codepen.io/cgregurich/pen/jOBEZXb

    I'm trying to understand flex box and stuff, and I'm very confused by align-content vs align-items and justify-content vs justify-items.

    I don't think my confusion has much to do with understanding the different between align VS justify, but rather the difference between items and content.

    Mainly the fact that to get this to display as I want (numbers in the center of the boxes), I have to use justify-content and align-items, but if I were to use justify-items and align-content then it doesn't work as desired.

    Why?

    submitted by /u/Missing_Back
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Noob pretends to create a website

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    Hello everyone :)

    I'm a newbie in the world of programming. The only language I learned as hobby is python.I would love to create my own website but I would like to do it from scratch (don't pretend to use templates like wordpress).

    I have several questions about it..

    1. Is HTML the best language for my purpose?
    2. Beside HTML I will need CSS and JavaScript (i'm afraif about js) right?
    3. What is Bootstrap and React?
    4. How to develop website for all platforms? (desktop and mobile)
    5. What's the best IDE to build website? Is PyCharm good?
    6. I pretend to allocate some Scripts that I develop in Python and build a Photo gallery. Beside a domain I need a server to upload all my data right...?
    7. Can you tell me the best and cheapest domains and servers for my purpose?
    8. Is there any guide that answer all my questions?

    Hope my questions aren't weird but I'm really noob about these.

    Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/PuumPuui
    [link] [comments]

    Incredible article on incompleteness of iOS Safari, and the anticompetitive practices that cause it

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    Expanding Single Page Apps into multiple Browser Windows — Part 2

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Platform As a Service: Convenience vs. Convention?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    How can I find if an HTML page contains a certain piece of text and then change that text's background color?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    I'm getting the text the user selected using
    window.getSelection();

    And then I send that piece of text into a DB.

    After I retrieve it from the DB, how can I find that piece of text in the HTML document and change it's background color?

    Please note that using CSS ::selection is not what I want because I need the background of the text to persist after the user closes the page.

    submitted by /u/AIO12449366
    [link] [comments]

    This HP monitor is $30 off at a local store. Thoughts on it for web design and coding? (Not for gaming)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Best free charting library for financial data?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm starting a new React project where I'm working with financial data and I'm looking for a free charting library that could fit my needs.

    At any given time, I would have 500-1000 simple data points to be displayed on a chart. I don't have much experience with charting libraries and I'm not sure if it's standard but I've seen some charts that can take the data and sort of average it out and reduce the amount of points so there isn't 1000 points the mouse could hover over and if you zoom in or something it'll show the rest. Also, since this is financial data, the y-axis will almost always be the date so it would be cool if it could realize that and format it properly.

    Depending on the interval (1m, 30m, 1hr, 12hr, 1d) the chart could also receive new data points and it would be good if it could properly handle that.

    Lastly, since this is financial data, it would be cool if I can show candlestick values.

    This is something I'm not looking into right now but eventually I also want to show things like EMA, SMA, etc. which I imagine that only a financial specific libraries would include.

    Best one's I've found so far are: Recharts, Apache ECharts

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/iMakeBaadChoices
    [link] [comments]

    How to make an automated twitter bot like this?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    Hello! I have no experience in coding but I was wondering how one of these bots are made as I wanted to try to make one myself, if anyone knows a tutorial, an article or simply can explain it would mean a lot, here is the bot: https://twitter.com/Dogecoinvalue

    submitted by /u/gaucusreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Profile page to display current user info

    Posted: 07 May 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Hey all hope you are doing good! Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I was wondering if anyone knows and different tutorials on creating a profile page or be able provide some guidance to display a current users information and allow them to change their profile picture. I've been stuck with Dani Krossings video on YouTube for a few days, i've followed it second by second and went through it multiple times and I just cannot find what i'm doing wrong. Thank you!

    Edit -> i've only managed to either display the first person in the database or it will display all users in database. I'm using html, php, mysqli and css to create this

    submitted by /u/Blackbeard4674
    [link] [comments]

    Release Notes for Safari Technology Preview 124

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment