• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 8, 2021

    coding an interpreter in c++ Ask Programming

    coding an interpreter in c++ Ask Programming


    coding an interpreter in c++

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:23 PM PDT

    Hey my data structures final project has me writing an interpreter can take input from a made up program language and generate an output. So for example, it has to be able to interpret variable declaration, print statements, and simple expressions that also involve variables.

    so to further clarify if I had a txt file with the following contents

    VAR num1 = 2

    PRINT num1

    my program should be able to read this txt file and the print 2.

    im storing my variables in a hash table that uses chaining as a collision resolution technique.

    so far my program can read each line, split the line by spaces and store the words in a 2d vector.

    whats the best way to interpret each line without having to use a billion conditional statements to detect all the key words?

    i'm trying to find a way to implement an array of function ptrs in here, but the way I'm doing it, i might as well just write a bunch of if else statements.

    submitted by /u/Anthonyc567
    [link] [comments]

    How does one start to learn programming?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I've always liked the idea of being a programmer but never knew where to start, I went to a highschool that's based around maths and programming but our teacher doesn't really put interest in teaching the ones that fell behind, and now I'm stuck with little knowledge not knowing what to do. I figured that starting from scratch would be the best idea, but I don't know how.

    I've seen multiple tutorials but then I forget what was explained there, what am I supposed to do when watching a tutorial, do I sit and watch or write the same program at the same time?

    Every tip is appreciated, sorry if this is not the right sub.

    submitted by /u/Styled_
    [link] [comments]

    Where to learn Reverse Engineering for Malware Analysis?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    I'm looking for where to start learning malware analysis, since that is the career path I want to get into. I've heard reverse engineering is a big part of the job. I haven't had the greatest track record with learning from books so ideally I'd prefer learning from a course. Unfortunately I do not live in the U.S (but rather in Toronto, Canada), so if courses are U.S specific, then I wouldn't be able to attend them.

    submitted by /u/nanoman1
    [link] [comments]

    How are vertices in a graph stored/implemented?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    I am working on my final project in my class which is to "Create a working bi-directional weighted graph class with all the standard methods for a data structure of that type." There are no explicit instructions for the assignment except this:

    "You must use a struct of some type to store information in a vertex (node) similar to the ones we've used all semester, but you can decide what "id" means and what data is stored (if any)."

    I have figured out how I'm making my adjacency list which is basically a vector of linked lists. But this is what I'm struggling with conceptually: The nodes in the adjacency list are EDGE nodes, but where are the VERTEX nodes? My idea right now is to make a hash table of "vertex" nodes and then whenever the vertex data is needed, it will be looked up in the hash table by its ID. Is this a valid way to implement the vertex nodes and if not how is it supposed to be done?

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_UR_SWEET_BOSOM
    [link] [comments]

    GUI for Go

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    I wanted to make blackjack in Go but I want to make a proper GUI for it. Is it possible to do it natively in Go and if so how would I go about doing it?

    submitted by /u/DJAceAttorney
    [link] [comments]

    Side projects Ideas!

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    What's up fellows!

    I need your help and experience to see what you recommend.

    I am currently studying Computer Engineering at the university and I want to start doing projects in my free time to add to my portfolio (github) and get experience in the areas I want to dedicate myself to. These areas are:

    1) Blockchain

    2) Data Analytics

    3) Astronomy/Physics

    I currently handle three programming languages: Java (mostly OOP), R(statistics language) and PHP. I have also been added a Python course in college.

    I wanted to ask if you could recommend me some project ideas for any of these three areas or all three if possible. I feel a bit lost and I would be very grateful if you could help me.

    Thank you very much.

    submitted by /u/coticode
    [link] [comments]

    I want to code a software to simulate screen mirroring

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:18 PM PDT

    A simple application that will allow me to simulate a second screen connected to the pc, in another window. In C # or python since it is my preferred languages, or please tell if the solution has already been coded and where I can find it. I couldn't find anything by searching on Google. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Kemuser
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone written a modern code in binary, for kicks?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:14 PM PDT

    I'm learning about compiler toolchains and how hardware and software interact, so I vaguely understand just how hardware-specific/novel/useless it would be, but I'm simply curious to know.

    Couldn't find anything on Google, figured that if someone did it, it would be noteworthy enough for someone to have written an article about it.

    submitted by /u/myweirdotheraccount
    [link] [comments]

    PROFESSIONAL ORDER EXAM ONLINE

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:10 PM PDT

    Looking for worthwhile certifications for HTML and CSS

    Posted: 08 May 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I am making this post on behalf of my sister who is a university student and does not have reddit (I know, the horror). She is not a comp sci major (although she may switch into it next year) but she has taught herself some HTML and CSS coding in her spare time.

    However, since she is self taught she has no way to back up her knowledge on a resume or job application. The economy is kinda fucked where I am right now (and where most of you are too I'm assuming unfortunately), so she's decided her best plan might be to spend the summer getting certified in these languages and maybe learning Java as well. She has the luxury of being able to live with our parents with minimal expenses, and coding will obviously be more useful to her future than the grocery store job that would likely be her best option for employment (no disrespect to service sector employees, but the pay isn't great and there is still considerable risk with Covid-19 where I live).

    I've been trying to help her figure out where to start and what certifications to get, but seeing as I have no background in computer science myself (I plan on learning to code in the near future, don't worry!) I'm not really sure where to start. I was hoping some of you would be able to point me in the direction of some certifications she could work towards that are rrecognizedand respected in the professional world. There seems to be a lot of options online and I'm not sure which ones are better/worthwhile. Her main priority is HTML and CSS right now, but Java would also be helpful.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/lestranganese
    [link] [comments]

    How to build an executable file cross platform from linux to windows?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    I wrote a GTK3+ project in c , and i am trying to build it so i can make it into a executable file for windows , and i have no idea on how to do it , i saw some articles about building .exe files using MingW so i tried it but i get this message :

    https://ibb.co/L6qWZQY

    can someone help me with building this project for end-user.

    submitted by /u/Miyninos
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an app the includes Tensors for General Relativity.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 06:21 PM PDT

    I'm a physics/math major, interested in General Relativity and have been looking for an app that has a differential/Riemannian Geometry feature. I'm not really a programmer though I am trying to self study what I can. Personally, I only have access to a smart phone right now so I was looking for an app like Maple Calculator or Matlab. Can you really even learn the full extent of programming from a phone? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/For_one_if_more
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for getting a solid grasp on loops?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    Looking for tutorials, videos, etc that really thoroughly explain loops or that really helped it click for you. I'm new to programming and for some reason I really struggle with loops.

    submitted by /u/questionsaccount0154
    [link] [comments]

    hey guys i need a bit of help knowing what route should i take.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    hey friends. I want to start learn code and hoping to get good at it and to have a job in it so i can provide my family. in my country alot of ppl have computer science degree, but it takes alot of money and to travel to university which i cant do atm.

    so i have few questions. 1:which are the best language atm and which of them is esay/hard to learn? 2:can i focus on one of them or need to learn few to have a job in the industry ? 3: i saw there's few sites that offer learning course like udemy, can someone recommend where is the best place to start learning and practice and its update?

    thank you very much.

    submitted by /u/t830king
    [link] [comments]

    Summer internship

    Posted: 08 May 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    I will begin my first programming related summer internship next month and I am really nervous about it. Do you guys have any advice you would like to share with you on how I should act or work to make it successful? Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/ponjae
    [link] [comments]

    Data compression for the human body?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    Digging into what it would be like to store the movements of people's bodies playing a VR game.

    On the surface, it seems like it would take an absurd amount of data to cover every point that gets tracked in VR over the dimension of time. But I feel like this problem had to have been encountered before with just typical 3D modeling. So maybe the issue of compressing that down is a solved one.

    Does anyone happen to have any insight here or can shoot me down the right path? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Neighbor_
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain to me about...spaces?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    The beginning spaces on each line. I'm currently looking at C# on Code Academy, but when it tells me to type into a variable, I realized something. How many spaces do i need to put on the lines before enteringthe code? Tred looking up online and it apparanly just meant for making the code look legible except for Python where it matters? Either way. Is therea guide to formatting my code correctly to make it legible in the standardardized format that most if not all programmers use? Or am I just misunderstanding something about that?

    submitted by /u/rento115
    [link] [comments]

    Print special characters?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:18 AM PDT

    I want to print an ASCII Art on terminal using C programming language with printf function, but I am struggling trying to print all those special characters correctly. Is there an easy way to do this?

    submitted by /u/rinder_omna
    [link] [comments]

    I know the basics, but what next?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Hey people, I'm a 15 year old guy who started learning how to code about a year and a half ago. I started with python and now I am quite comfortable with using the language. I know the basics of python programming, and I've also made some projects in Python (and in HTML/CSS/JS). However until now I have kind of made general projects/dabbled a little in many fields, but now I'd like to specialize in one field and stick with it. I tried to google for some advice, but I haven't really found anything truly helpful. I'm kinda overwhelmed with all the options and simply can't decide. My goal is definitely to get a job at a tech company, but I think right now that is a little far off, and I'd just like a good field to start with and develop my skills in. Really need some good advice on where to begin, thanks in advance!

    (TL;DR: I'm a young programmer comfortable with using Python and would like some advice on what field to specialize in)

    I can provide more relevant info in the comments if y'all need it. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/That_CreepyPasta
    [link] [comments]

    Should I worry that my major code change didn't cause junit to fail?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    I'm new to professional coding, and work with a code base of over 100 microservices. I've noticed the existing junit tests often are line covering fluff that don't test for anything. I made my first major code change yesterday that I predict will have cascading repercussions. I expected at least one test to fail, but it didn't. Am I worrying too much that none of the tests failed? Or should I risk over stepping and suggest to my tech lead that we do more extensive e2e testing? I'm too green and in too much of a time crunch to go and fix every freaking unit test. It would take me days just for my one service.

    submitted by /u/justASlothyGiraffe
    [link] [comments]

    Drawing to Japanese Text C++

    Posted: 08 May 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm a C programmer, and I want to gain more C++ programming skills. I'm interested in creating my own OCR application in C++ that I can use for my Japanese study.

    I'm interested in the following characteristics:

    1. OCR at my mouse cursor for recognizing words and looking up dictionary entries for words. This is the same thing that KanjiTomo does, which is an existing applicaiton.
    2. When the OCR is wrong, pull up a drawing pad and draw the kanji.

    I found the tesseract-ocr library, so I have some basic direction for accomplishing the first task. The second task I'm unsure where to start.

    I'm hoping to get some guidance for getting started so I can begin some prototyping.

    submitted by /u/celeryakira
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop vs Desktop

    Posted: 08 May 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I've recently been learning about C++, Python and SQL. I'm very interested in learning linux and potentially data science/quant analysis. I know that's a broad statement... But I'm really just looking for a decent computer where I can learn more about linux and these fields. I WFH and I'm not a gamer either. Portability is thus not important.

    Am I better off getting a used thinkpad? I'm in Canada, and a 16 gb RAM/512 GB SSD T480 is roughly $700CAD ($575 USD) on eBay and local stores. And older thinkpads like T450/T460 that are dual-core are $500 CAD-ish for an IPS screen + ram/ssd.

    Or building a pc? I was thinking since I'm not a gamer I can get something for <$700 with something like an i5-10-400f. I already have monitors/mouse/keyboards.

    I can pay more (up to $1500). I'm just looking for the best value though. I also have a $200 Best Buy gift card that can go towards building a pc or buying additional specs for a laptop.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/BiggestTruss10
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to make a trivia bot for a web browser

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    Is it possible to make a trivia bot for a web browser? If so how would i go about it.

    submitted by /u/xfallenxwolfx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment