• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 23, 2021

    The tilt to make room for a menu is a nice effect, easy to accomplish with CSS transform and opacity transitions. The effect is similar to the mobile Safari tab experience. web developers

    The tilt to make room for a menu is a nice effect, easy to accomplish with CSS transform and opacity transitions. The effect is similar to the mobile Safari tab experience. web developers


    The tilt to make room for a menu is a nice effect, easy to accomplish with CSS transform and opacity transitions. The effect is similar to the mobile Safari tab experience.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:01 PM PDT

    I just 'built' my first 'app' without relying on Google, and it feels so damn good!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    36 people!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    I created something that 36 people actually use!

    That might not be much, but it's pretty amazing to me. So satisfying to know that someone out there finds what I made useful. Man I love development.

    submitted by /u/audionoobhelpme
    [link] [comments]

    FreeCodeCamp is building a Data Science Curriculum with Advanced Mathematics and Machine Learning, but it needs your help!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    Charts.css is a modern CSS framework. It uses CSS utility classes to style HTML elements as charts.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    How do you feel about long variable names?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    Lately I've been really into long, descriptive variable names where they improve the readability. Things like generateNavComponentBasedOnPath or recursivelyParseArticleContent.

    Do these sorts of names bother other developers, or do you like them?

    submitted by /u/ecursiver
    [link] [comments]

    A safer default for navigation: HTTPS

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:01 AM PDT

    I have create a backend framwork with Symfony 5

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    I have create a backend framwork with Symfony 5

    Hi,

    I have developed two symfony bundles (using Symfony5 framework) that provide components and theme for Admin.

    Unlike Sonata, or EasyAdmin bundle, there is no CRUD layer and you can create your admin page like you want.

    The main component, DataTable uses the same principle as Symfony Form. (Type, Factory, Builder).

    There is no documentation but you can see demo here and code on my github.

    Give me your feedbacks !

    A view with Menu and DataTable component

    submitted by /u/Mewyn_
    [link] [comments]

    Python or JS first ?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    Python or JS first ?

    As i had seen in a lot of place, people are encouraging web dev learners to learn Html , CSS then Javascript, and that's the learning path I'm following, but As i wanted to use the

    CS50's Web Programming with Python and JavaScript on edx , I found an interesting other learning path, which have python SQL and Django all before JS.

    So what do you advise me? To continue in the "Classic learning path" or use the course's learning path ?

    https://preview.redd.it/i5m8o2fiiuo61.png?width=1071&format=png&auto=webp&s=94eee605c308946c98bb4f1f83d21c23c8e88a17

    submitted by /u/3aluw
    [link] [comments]

    New in front-end and just discovered Figma

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I have a question that I cannot find an answer and I thought I'd ask you guys.

    I am at the beginning of my journey in web dev and I have been overwhelmed with the number of tools and options one has today.

    I see that I can snatch some CSS from the designs and that has proved helpful. Also found some plugins that basically turn your project into a website as-is and some that you can take the code but aren't really working correctly for me.

    If I were to work alone (and not as a part of a big team with designers and me being the dev), should I consider it as my go-to app for when I want to design a website?

    submitted by /u/Bamb0oM
    [link] [comments]

    Big thanks and a controversial question

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    First of all, thanks to all the wonderful people on this sub who have helped me on my journey to becoming a developer. I used to be an addict, alcoholic, and chronic underachiever. But after 3 years sober, a big change in overal lifestyle, and half a year of intensive studying, I am now at the beginning of my career as a software developer (I started as a back-end PHP dev 3 months ago at a wonderful Dutch company).

    I love it so much it's unbelievable. I try to spend as much time learning as I can and it is so incredibly satisfying. I can confidently say that I have a knack for development, and I want to try and become as good as I can. I enjoy waking up in the morning and doing my thing, and when I go to bed I look forward to the next day. It's unreal to me.

    But here's the thing: I have debt from about 12 years of living irresponsibly. A lot of debt. And here in the Netherlands, salaries for webdevs are not great. I come from hospitality and I had to go DOWN in salary (from €2500 to about €2000 p/m). My girlfriend is making up for what I lost, but it's a lot of stress on her.

    So lately I've been wondering how I can best focus my enthusiasm and efforts to make this endeavour more lucrative so as to pay off my debts and earn enough for both me and my partner. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT looking to leave my current job ASAP - they've given me a great opportunity and they are truly a good bunch. I just want to know how I can best focus the studying I do in my free time and direct my career path to get the most out of it. Ideally I want to make €100k+ p/y within 5 years, as that would allow me to provide a comfortable life for my girlfriend and myself, as well as for our future kids.

    So, the big question is: how cam I attain that goal as a software dev living in Europe (the Netherlands, more specifically)? I am enthusiastic, curious, hard working, have good social skills thanks to 10+ years in hospitality, and I am infinitely thankful for where I am. But on the downside, I have no degrees in any computer science subject, and for now only 3 months real work experience.

    Also, my interests and enthusiasm aren't strictly limited to web-development. I work with python in my spare time and really enjoy that too. I've worked with C, AVRs, PCB and electronic circuit design, and in my spare time I love learning about Linux, networking, and many other things related to computers and software in particular.

    Thanks for reading this far!

    Edit: title was in post. Deleted it.

    submitted by /u/justsomenickname12
    [link] [comments]

    The Modest Frontend

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:50 PM PDT

    WHY do domain names expire?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    I've searched that question on Google and all I kept getting is what to do when your domain name expires or some variation of that except why it expires in the first place!

    The organization that registers the domain name isn't necessarily the one that hosts it, right?

    submitted by /u/ImFromRwanda
    [link] [comments]

    How did you know that web development was the career path for you?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    Out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion that this was the right path for you?

    submitted by /u/0nesoul44
    [link] [comments]

    Tips when debugging node.js Libraries, examples use Vite.js

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    How to learn when you lack motivation

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    I've tried to teach myself web development a lot of times over the years and I always end up giving up after about a month. I've tried a few different free resources like code academy, free code camp, the Odin project and some use my course but I never get very far. I'm not sure why I always give up. I guess that it doesn't feel like I'm learning much as I progress through those courses and lose interest in them. I hate my job and want to learn web development because it seems interesting and is supposed to pay well. Learning on my own for the past few years hasn't gone well so I looked in coding boot camps but it seems like those have a bad reputation so I'm hesitant to go down that route. Do you have any tips on the best ways to teach yourself web development?

    submitted by /u/DrThrowie
    [link] [comments]

    Handling Text Over Images In CSS

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    Windows, Mac OS or Linux for web development?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    for over 5 years I have been using a ThinkPad laptop with Arch Linux for web development. Now I would like to replace it with a new one. I'm not entirely sure if it's a good idea to do the same thing I did back then, namely buy a cheap laptop, ditch Windows and install Linux. The reasons for that are mainly the low battery life and that not everything works as it should with Linux. So I was wondering if I buy either a Windows or a Mac laptop and leave the OS untouched, will it serve me well for web development use? Are things like Docker and Minikube work well on Windows and Mac OS?

    What do you guys think? What kind of OS do you use?

    submitted by /u/reditoro
    [link] [comments]

    How close have you come to quitting the field?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    I've been doing front end development work for the past seven years, employed full time for the last six and I feel like I'm at the end of the road.

    When I started this work I remember being excited about the potential and eager to learn. I'd develop in my down time, create side projects, contribute to open source projects etc.

    The past 3-4 years have been the complete opposite. At some point I just started losing the motivation to keep up with the most recent frameworks/trends. Im horrified by the fact that I have to stay on this treadmill for the next 30 years. I stopped developing in my off time. I started to dread going to work when nothing about the environment had really changed.

    I'm in a situation now where I make good money, I work from home, but yet I hate every moment that I spend developing and because of that my work suffers. Things slowed down at work due to covid and our hours were cut to 60% meaning four day weekends. My mental health increased dramatically.

    I took some contracting work that sounded interesting and paid well recently and I was really hoping it would rekindle my passion. Its had the opposite effect honestly. I'm very close to cutting my losses and seeing what other career options are available before I'm finished with my twenties.

    TLDR: Burnout?

    submitted by /u/Scotho
    [link] [comments]

    Repository

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:35 PM PDT

    Good day everyone! I'm new here. I'll like to know what part of a website stores login information?

    submitted by /u/Millavx
    [link] [comments]

    Does Information Technology experience transfer over to this field?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:35 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, i'm considering getting into web development/programming. I recently graduated WGU's Information Technology program, have some IT certifications, have that silly CIW User Interface cert, and have become very interested in web design. I have a few questions after googling around a bit and searching for previous reddit threads about this.

    1.Do companies like IT experience typically/is there any chance this degree might make a difference when job hunting?

    1. I'm thinking about going through The Odin Project's javascript program, i'd like to use react. What do you all think of this resource?

    2. How's the competition look in 2021? I hear mixed things about oversaturation. I'm willing to move within the USA. I'd like to eventually work remotely though.

    submitted by /u/RepulsiveLiterature
    [link] [comments]

    Lowe's website is among fastest performing e-commerce websites

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    This is probably a foolish question, but when is the right time to ask about the salary when applying for job listings that don't list salary, without appearing greedy or as if you only care about that? As someone with no experience, I feel extremely uncomfortable bringing up that topic.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:27 PM PDT

    A lot of job listings do not list salary and I am not quite sure when is the right time to talk about that matter. Often the interviewers mentions it themselves, but often they finish the first interview without really disclosing the salary for the job, not even a range, and I am left to wonder.

    I have 0 professional experience, so I feel like asking for the salary during the first interview might be interpreted as me being greedy or only caring about the money. At the same time, it kinda pisses me off that they're not being transparent with such an important aspect. Obviously I'd find what the salary is sooner or later, once I read the contract, so it's not like they can trick me into a low paid job but at the same time it kinda sucks going through interviews, programming tasks and the whole shebang only to see that they're paying minimum wage for a programming job.

    At the same time, I wouldn't want to put off potential good employers by seeming greedy when I don't have experience to back myself up. If I were to have 2-3-4 years of experience and knew that I bring a lot to the table, I wouldn't have any problem discussing salary and even negotiating, but doing that now, without the aforementioned experience seems impolite to me.

    submitted by /u/Bozhidar95
    [link] [comments]

    alpha testers for my no-code web app editor

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    alpha testers for my no-code web app editor

    hey reddit r/webdev -- I am working on a tool that lets you make tweaks to your web app in-browser and then generates the associated code for those changes.

    If you're a developer working with non-technical people who ask for copy changes often, this might be able to save you time.

    I'd love to have a few of you alpha test it and let me know what you think. Comment or DM me your email and I'll add you to our private alpha!

    https://i.redd.it/umgl1rayruo61.gif

    submitted by /u/MrDoOO
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment