• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 14, 2021

    Is there an efficient algorithm for simplifying LaTeX / HTML source (e.g., by minimizing the number of \begin{...} commands, etc.)? Of course, the output would need to look identical. Computer Science

    Is there an efficient algorithm for simplifying LaTeX / HTML source (e.g., by minimizing the number of \begin{...} commands, etc.)? Of course, the output would need to look identical. Computer Science


    Is there an efficient algorithm for simplifying LaTeX / HTML source (e.g., by minimizing the number of \begin{...} commands, etc.)? Of course, the output would need to look identical.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:29 AM PST

    The simplification need not be optimal. It should just cover a lot of common cases.

    For example, suppose you have a list and each item has boldface tags around it. It would be better to boldface the entire list instead.

    I think this a problem that needs solving for WYSIWYG word processors such as TeXmacs. It would be nice if TeXmacs can constantly simplify the document tree while you edit in WYSIWYG.

    submitted by /u/amichail
    [link] [comments]

    Dynamic Programming solution for Vertex Cover for a Graph problem.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 01:00 PM PST

    Hey Guys,I've been trying my luck to find the algorithm for vertex cover problem for a Graph.I searched on the internet and most of the solutions are related to a tree (eg: Link) and not a graph (which can contain a cycle).I want to design a recursive dynamic programming algorithm to find the minimum vertex cover for a given graph.My though process till now:Consider a graph having cycle, with input given as edges of the graph.

    1. Pick an edge from the input array, choose any vertex from the two vertexes of an edgeBase case: If the vertex is already visited, return 0.
    2. Else recursively call the vertex adjacent to current vertex and add 1 to it.

    I'm not able to proceed ahead on how to perform memoization and and how to build a dynamic programming algorithm from here.

    Can someone please point me in the right direction. I apologize if I'm missing any details in my question.

    Edit: Minimum vertex cover problem

    submitted by /u/alternate-dimension
    [link] [comments]

    Why are database files more compact than text files?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:26 AM PST

    If I were to store some text in a database, shouldn't a text file containing the same text be exactly the same file as the database? Seeing as they both are going to store that text (and in the end everything is binary, so the letter A would in both cases be represented as 65 if using ASCII). Why aren't databases just using text files then too?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/No-Cobbler55
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of Setting up Dual Booting

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:42 PM PST

    I've always wanted to have access to a Linux machine semi-quickly as it would allow me to test compatibility between operating systems a bit easier. Only issue is that I am trying to decide what the best way to do this would be.

    Is it recommended to get a new hard-drive/SSD in order to do this? Just so I don't loose any info on my initial operating system. Are there any sources you recommend to help getting this set up?

    submitted by /u/Zerodlang
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment