• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 13, 2021

    Decomposing 1810's top hit with C++ and DFT Computer Science

    Decomposing 1810's top hit with C++ and DFT Computer Science


    Decomposing 1810's top hit with C++ and DFT

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:24 PM PST

    [N] Oxford Novel Image Compression Method COIN: Better Than JPEG at Low Bitrates!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:27 PM PST

    University of Oxford researchers propose COIN, a novel image compression method that stores the weights of an MLP overfitted to an image and outperforms JPEG at low bitrates even without entropy coding.

    Here is a quick read: Oxford Novel Image Compression Method COIN: Better Than JPEG at Low Bitrates!

    The paper COIN: Compression with Implicit Neural representations is on arXiv.

    submitted by /u/Yuqing7
    [link] [comments]

    Sequential consistency and casual consistencty ? - ELI5?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 04:44 AM PST

    I don't seem to understand this at all, at some point I kinda do but then I'm lost.

    Why is it sequential consistency if we have 4 processer, 1 and 2 do their own Write operation, but p3 and p4 need to read in the correct order?

    Is sequential consistency all about the processors that read / get a value? not about writing?

    submitted by /u/pFestivalen
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know any interesting computer science problems that have been solved recently?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 12:14 PM PST

    I like browsing this wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_problems_in_computer_science

    So it got me wondering if this subreddit knows any interesting problems that have been solved recently?

    submitted by /u/Dream-Clear
    [link] [comments]

    is it worth reading SICP(Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs) in 2021? Especially in my case, when I have read already one programming book and okay with the most basics. Or would it be more efficient to focus on other things?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 03:29 PM PST

    Hi.

    I had previously read the "Python Crash Course" book. It is a Project-Based Introduction to Programming.
    I stopped at page 225 just before projects start. Hence, I have read almost all the basics of Python that are covered in this book. I also had some previous experience with javascript through my University course.

    I was thinking about starting to learn C++, from the "C++ Primer" book, or C, from the "The C Programming Language" book. As both of these 2 languages have interesting applications for me, such as: Game Development, Robotics/Embedded Software.
    And I think it's wise to learn right tools. Isn't it?

    I have some interest in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence as well though. That is why I started learning Python. But at the same time, I am not very attracted to routine financial work in an office. So I'm looking towards some C++ applications, which are interesting, give more freedom and creativity.

    So, back to the question. Would it be wise in my case to switch to the SICP book? I've seen it recommended a lot in Computer Science related resources.
    Or is it better to switch straight to C++? Or even keep working with Python and start doing projects from PCC book?

    submitted by /u/Flugegeheymen
    [link] [comments]

    Are control lines for the same operations always the same? When do they differ specifically for Lw and slt in mips-32?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 11:48 AM PST

    Rs 27.7 crore Computer Research Scam at Indian University in 2002

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:40 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment