• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 31, 2021

    Best Resources for learning Advanced Operating Systems concepts? Computer Science

    Best Resources for learning Advanced Operating Systems concepts? Computer Science


    Best Resources for learning Advanced Operating Systems concepts?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:04 AM PST

    I have been reading the "Operating System Principles. Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne" and I find it really interesting.

    I want to read more about the "Advanced" Concepts of Operating Systems like advanced operating systems - parallel processing systems, distributed systems, real time systems, network operating systems, and open source operating systems.

    And courses like Nand2Tetris which I did a little of.

    Any free courses, MOOCs and YT videos would be good too.

    Edit: Advanced Operating System concepts like Distributed Operating Systems, Architecture of Distributed OS, Multiprocessor System Architectures, Distributed File Systems, and other such concepts and stuff.

    submitted by /u/Yagami888
    [link] [comments]

    If you use python/pandas, I built an open-source GUI for organizing your python scripts into a data viz dashboard (and it's quite a weird one; the back-end is actually running both an async FastAPI app AND a synchronous flask app in a single python process)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:35 PM PST

    Is writing assembly code going to make me better at computer science?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:13 PM PST

    So I recently talked to a guy at my work who wrote assembly code for most of his career back in the 60's, 70's and 80's. It sounds fascinating and I decided I want to give it a shot. I am very well aware that basically every modern C++ compiler can do a better job than I will be able to by hand but I just want to learn the basics and write a few simple programs.

    Is learning assembly languages today kind of like doing the dishes by hand instead of using a dishwasher, or are there real lessons to learn from writing assembly? If you think there are real lessons to learn, what are they?

    submitted by /u/animalCollectiveSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:38 AM PST

    People are boring help. I bought a new video card (1650 KFA2) and connected it to the motherboard (ga-z77-d3h) and I have an image but at the same time it is not there. I see a picture of the bios and then a black screen. The PSU on the 12v line outputs 195w. i7 3770 processor (Overclocked to 4.1) ssd and 2 hhd and 8 gigabytes of RAM. Bios 11f. What to do? How to start the PC normally?

    submitted by /u/NAGIBATOP228
    [link] [comments]

    Useful Resources For a Beginner OpenSource Contributer

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:21 AM PST

    Getting started into Opensource can be pretty overwhelming as a beginner.

    Don't worry I have went through that, so in this video I have shared some resources that had helped me and also might help you get started easily !

    You will easily find good beginner friendly issues on GitHub by using the resources mentioned here and thus make your first of many Pull Requests ahead.

    https://youtu.be/qlHG5qGPTqo

    Have a great day !!

    submitted by /u/fitvibesyt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment