• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    I was tired of Triplebyte's ads making me feel bad for being unemployed. So when they misspelled their own URL, I redirected the misspelling to a site with a link to my Github account. web developers

    I was tired of Triplebyte's ads making me feel bad for being unemployed. So when they misspelled their own URL, I redirected the misspelling to a site with a link to my Github account. web developers


    I was tired of Triplebyte's ads making me feel bad for being unemployed. So when they misspelled their own URL, I redirected the misspelling to a site with a link to my Github account.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Where you find free good quality illustrations for your websites

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Hey There,

    just wanted to let you know, in case someone is searching for free illustrations/images or icons.

    Humaaans https://www.humaaans.com/

    Free Illustrations https://lukaszadam.com/illustrations

    Drawkit https://www.drawkit.io/

    Open Doodles https://opendoodles.com

    Absurd Design https://absurd.design

    freepik https://freepik.com

    They are all free.

    EDIT: Thanks a lot for the Award. I appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/Christelleorangee
    [link] [comments]

    Google starts testing its replacement for third-party cookies | Chrome will drop third-party cookie support when the tokens are ready.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    In July 2020, more visitors of gov.uk used Safari (38.67%) than Chrome (38.18%)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    Can we take a moment to admire The Verge's Web Design?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    Everytime I enter the website i'm impressed with the design, it's so modern and elegant.

    Feels like you can learn a lot just by looking at it.

    Congrats to the devs!

    submitted by /u/mathowned
    [link] [comments]

    Create A Dark/Light Mode Switch with CSS Variables

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    JS Synthesizer using Web Audio API

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Simple Image Gallery with display: grid; and object-fit: cover;

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Skip After 5 Seconds

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the correct sub but I'm interested in building my own Skip Video After 5-10 seconds video player

    Not sure how to go about doing this, id like it to be press to play

    submitted by /u/badbaddoc
    [link] [comments]

    After Angela Yu's Web Dev Course

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    So, I didn't complete Angela Yu's course in it's entirety because I'm really only interested in front-end. I got through HTML, CSS, JS, and JQuery and while she's a really good teacher, because it's a "Complete" course, I feel like I've only barely scratched the surface of these things. So, I want to step back and focus on CSS first. A lot of people recommend Jonas Schmedtmann's Advanced CSS course but I was worried about not even being near intermediate enough to take it so I bought his beginner HTML & CSS course and found how slow he teaches, despite upping the speed, to be more frustrating than helping so I didn't finish it.

    That said, is his Advanced CSS course any better and can I take it after the basics of CSS or should I just finish his beginner CSS course despite it being demotivating?

    Or is there something else that I should take instead? I tried FCC's CSS module but while I could pass the code tests, I found it hard to retain the information and really learn from it.

    submitted by /u/tlbodrick
    [link] [comments]

    Simplest json based api setup

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Basically, I'm building a little react web app for a magic tournament I'm throwing at my friends bachelor party. I've got no issues with the actual app. But I want to have a version hooked up to a tv for pairings and what not and then a version on my phone that I can record results on.

    I don't really want to dive into making a full stack app if there's a simple alternative. I really just want to write the whole state to some central location and pull it in. It's not very big.

    I've done a little mongo in the past, but my express is rusty and I really don't know if I have the time to sort that out.

    Google hasn't returned what I'm looking for, maybe because it doesn't exist, idk.

    Tl;dr is there a way out there where I can just prop up the worlds simplest api without using express, node, etc etc...I really just want to read in 1 file, and write over the same exact file.

    If my best bet is to just figure out how to host my own, then that's not a huge issue. Just wanted to be sure before I started down that rabbit hole again.

    submitted by /u/Crazed8s
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone who has worked with the YouTube Data API, is it possible to get a list of subscriber names for a specific YouTuber?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    I want to build a YouTube data analysis application that would require access to the names of YouTube subscribers. After looking through the API documentation, it seems that I can request a list of subscribers from my own YouTube account, but I don't seem to be able to retrieve the subscriber list of any YouTuber of my choosing. Does anyone know if this is correct or is there some way I could get this data through the API?

    submitted by /u/cheeseisakindof
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Firefox's colors a little off from other browsers?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    Why is Firefox's colors a little off from other browsers? Does anyone notice that, or is it just my computer?

    Colors are kind of important for web design, why isn't this a bigger issue to be raised and addressed?

    submitted by /u/usedocker
    [link] [comments]

    Building an interactive grid

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    I was wondering what steps or tools one would use to build an interactive grid such as the one here:

    https://clementmihailescu.github.io/Pathfinding-Visualizer/#

    And I'm building it for the same purpose. Ideally I'd be able to move around the start and end nodes as well as draw walls and potentially generate mazes and such onto it, such that I could run pathfinding algorithms from point A to point B.

    I was thinking of using Vue and having each cell be an instance of a component but I'm not sure if there's a better way or if people have better ideas or suggestions.

    Thanks in advance! I'm pretty comfortable with most web technologies as well as a variety of languages so feel free to suggest anything. Also to be clear, I don't need algorithm help or anything like that, just suggestions on specifically building an interactive grid like the one above.

    submitted by /u/Hawxe
    [link] [comments]

    PHP?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Should i be ashamed i am using PHP ? So many people seem to REALLY hate it and i dont get why. Also i always second question myself if PHP really is the right chocie and a lot of people also say PHP is slow, yet some big companies use it...

    Also PHP doesnt have HTML templates and that would be nice to have

    I have tried Go, but i dont really like it... the fact that you have to essentialy write the server doesnt seem right to me.

    submitted by /u/Qik00
    [link] [comments]

    Automating W-9's and 1099's

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    I'm working with a startup that needs to pay out it's users as contractors on a biweekly basis.

    The payout process is simple and straight forward, but I'm trying to find a way to automate the W-9 onboarding and issuing of 1099's at the end of the year.

    I've seen a few services for this, but either the pricing is way over our budget or they don't have an API, so all earnings would need to be manually entered from our system into theirs.

    Our last resort is using a document signing service like DocuSign or HelloSign, but there will be a ton of manual work to mark when a W-9 is signed/completed in our system in order to get them paid out. Plus we will need to manually issue the 1099's at the end of the year.

    Can anyone recommend a dev friendly service like this that they've used?

    Gusto seemed like a great solution, but we can't trigger payouts to contractors through their API, so payments would need to be manually entered into their system to process the payouts.

    Has anyone used GigWage? They're basic plan is very reasonable, but it looks like you need a custom plan to access their API. I'm waiting for one of their reps to reach out.

    submitted by /u/aprendergast
    [link] [comments]

    The 10 Commandments of Software Design

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    How to use WebAuth only for local "lock"?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Hello, is it possible to use WebAuth api to lock website without server side communication? My usecase is that I would prefer to use it as fingerprint lock only for opening PWA app. I am trying to do something where fingerprint will always return some value (consistent across attempts) and with correct fingeprint, it will work sort of biometric decryptor.

    Imagine you have some password 'asasdasfasf'. You request fingerprint via WebAuth GET api (client) and hashed/encrypt this password. Password is saved hashed in indexed db, so only fingerprint could unhash it's value when calling GET credentials.

    Probably not possible, just trying to play with it little bit, but maybe someone would have more insight. Thank you

    submitted by /u/hepepnyt
    [link] [comments]

    My NOSQL design for my website.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Can you guys tell me how this is as a NOSQL database? It is meant for rsvping and storing RSVPs for various groups.

    user { name: Email: UUID: Groups: { (This is a collection groups they are subscribed too) name: isLeader: } } group { Leader_UUID: name: Events: { name: description: RSVP: { UUID: } } } 

    My only issue with this design is that I also have to store RSVPs for on the user to be able to query. I need to have the RSVPS on the event so they can see how many people are coming, while also have the list of events a particular user is rsvpd for. And I feel like I would have to put that data in two spots which I feel is a little inefficient. I'm using firebase so I'm limited to NoSQL. Not sure if this is the best place to go for this question or not.

    Would the best thing to do be to create a collection of Events on the user and have a list of Event UUIDs or something like that that they are rsvpd for

    submitted by /u/DivergingDog
    [link] [comments]

    Architecture of a blog, use a DB or have dedicated pages for each post?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    I've recently lunched a website but it doesn't have much "written" content, such as blog posts, so AdsSense has not accepted my application, but that's not what I want to discuss here.

    My website is mostly made of statistics automatically generated with little to no text, so I'm thinking about starting a section of news/blog posts where I will post summaries of said statistics.

    Now I have to decide how to structure the thing.

    My platform is made with MongoDB, Laravel, and VueJS.

    So far two simple options came to mind:

    1) Save plain HTML and some info in Mongo, then simple retrieve the document and show it. The downside here is that I'm quite limited in terms of javascript and use Vue components

    2) Every time I write a new post I create a new file for that specific article, this gives me freedom with components and javascript, and somehow combine it with mongo just to keep track of the created post.

    Can anyone point me in the better direction? I'm tempted with option 2 for now

    submitted by /u/gwtio
    [link] [comments]

    Am I using the correct stack? (Angular + spring boot)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    I'm new to full stack so if someone can help with this I would greatly appreciate it

    Lets say I want to make a web app where a user logs in, and is able to play a visual game of tic tac toe. He wants to log out and log back in later to finish that same game. Is this scenario possible using angular and spring boot? Would a session be needed for this as well?

    Reasons why I'm asking: - Spring boot only communicates to angular via restful api which is stateless.

    - they only communicate by the passing of a Json

    submitted by /u/GuerroCanelo
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for PSD to HTML service.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    Hi. I am looking for a reputable and reliable PSD to HTML service. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/field4000
    [link] [comments]

    Javascript parsing bbcode help?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    I'm building a forum and using a regex replace for bbcode, but it feels like this is a really hacky way of doing it. Is there a better way to approach this? (Using a custom solution, not an npm package)

    Here's a small snippet of what the approach looks like

    let str = "[b]Test[/b]; let bbCodeMap = { "[b]": "<b>", "[/b]": "</b>" }; let searchMap = /[b]|[/b]/gi; str = str.replace(searchMap, (match) => { return bbCodeMap[match]; }); 

    submitted by /u/lolgubstep_
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome password auto fill

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I have a password input thats not related to the users account but its just like an access code they can set for a certain page they create.

    I tried setting autocomplete="off" but it wont seem to make a difference. Whenever you click the input, chrome gives you a list of saved passwords and then it also asks if you want to update your saved password after you changed the "access code"

    My only solution right now is to make the access code input type=text but it would be nice to have it masked like "****". Is there a way i can make a custom input for this ?

    submitted by /u/Ty199
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment