• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 16, 2020

    A Pogram that writes "something" when I press a key Ask Programming

    A Pogram that writes "something" when I press a key Ask Programming


    A Pogram that writes "something" when I press a key

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    So, im thinking of doing a simple pogram that writes certain data when I press a key, im doing something that requires doing the same over and over you know where this is going. Im know how to do almost all of it exep of 2 things: - the command to make it write in the designated space to write, where I click, like in a comment section, for example, I press [A] and it writes down "something", only and I press enter. - and the perfect languaje for it, im thinking of Python becouse of, "free".

    It basicaly like having a list to fast copy-pase diferent things

    Im looking for the word, the command that does that, and I know that there exist pograms to auto-do-everything but it aint for that much.

    I may post the final "product" when im done... (Yes I google but aint finding.)

    submitted by /u/Gmega360
    [link] [comments]

    What to do now that I could call my knowledge level advanced?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    EDIT: AS it turns out I'm nowhere NEAR being advanced... That's why I said "I'd call myself" because I for some reason thought I was. Sorry for being dumb.

    Basically... I have no idea what to do now that I'm familiar with c_++... like what am I supposed to do know?

    am i supposed to make my my first project? if so what was your first more advanced c++ project?

    am i supposed to solve hackerrank/codewars/leetcode problems forever?

    please help me...

    submitted by /u/frostbitehotel
    [link] [comments]

    namespaces in C language

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    So far I have been going the conventional way of namespacing things in C. The two common approaches I know are either to prefix with the namespace title e.g. (SDL_func()) or enclose function pointers/variables inside a struct e.g. util.func().

    Is there any other way to do the same thing (more or less)?

    : This post is only for educational purposes.

    submitted by /u/ninja__77
    [link] [comments]

    "Missing PDF" every time I use Grapecity PDF Viewer

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I'm building an app that will have an interactive PDF form on a server (in HTML, CSS, JS). I have been trying to use the Grapecity PDF viewer, but to no avail. I've followed the documentation to a T, using these resources: one, two.

    <!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no, shrink-to-fit=no"> <meta name="theme-color" content="#000000"> <title>GC Viewer Demo | PDF Plugin</title> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdn.materialdesignicons.com/2.8.94/css/materialdesignicons.min.css"> <script> function loadPdfViewer(selector) { var viewer = new GcPdfViewer(selector, { /* Specify options here */ }); viewer.addDefaultPanels(); viewer.open("HelloWorld.pdf"); } </script> </head> <body onload="loadPdfViewer('#root')"> <div id="root"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="gcpdfviewer.js"></script> </body> </html> 

    I currently have the "HelloWorld.pdf" and the gcpdfviewer javascripts in the same folder as the above index.html but every time I test the code in the browser, the PDF viewer loads, but the PDF doesn't, giving me an error that states "missing PDF."

    This is really bothering me because the PDF is exactly where it's supposed to be, I think.

    I'm currently not using a license key, but the documentation makes it seems like I don't need one. Maybe that's the issue.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/the_crabnebula
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with netbeans

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    I have an exam and i am obliged to use netbeans by my prof. But I have an issue with glassfish server on my Mac. "Java.net.BindExcepetion: Address already in use". I've tried them all. I changed the ports inside the "domain.xml" file, I closed the open processes with the command "lsof -i: <port>" and "kill <pid>". I lost hope, does anyone know how to fix?

    submitted by /u/iannaDestroyer
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend best tool/framework for landing page with separate product pages (not ecommerce)

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    Hello fellow entrepreneurs,

    We want to create a website for our business and need your help. We sell vehicle weighing machines.

    We want to have our entire product catalog displayed on the website. We have 8 categories and each category contains upto 20 products. Each category and each product will have dedicated pages.

    However, since every product is customized and quotation based, we do not need (or want) shopping cart/checkout functionality.

    Which tool/platform do you suggest we should use? We have considered squarespace, wix, leadpages and landingi.

    Do we need an ecommerce solution? Ideally we want to be able to add products and categories dynamically.

    SEO will be important for a few particular keywords. The platform should have all the standard SEO features.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/ishafayet
    [link] [comments]

    Sky imager for cloud tracking and direction of the clouds

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    Hi all, I have a project which is basically a sky imager which will forecast the cloud movement but the hard part for me is how to deal with this kind of project.. I'm really good at using projects with Arduino but this time I'm going to use Raspberry pi with camera pi ..

    So I need your help , if there is any library that will help me or a similar project that I can relate to..

    Here is the required things for the project:

    1- Cloud tracking and PV forecasting.

    2- Shapes of the clouds will be analyzed with attention of cumulus cloud.

    3- The variation of the irradiance incident on the PV cells will be obtained by considering the cloud movement.

    4- Forecasting in intervals of 2 minutes up to 10 minutes.

    Highly appreciate your help , Thank you

    submitted by /u/drchees1
    [link] [comments]

    tips for how to create the type of website I have in mind in python?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    Hi yall! Kinda new to python, trying to learn some sort of skills in quarantine. Any tips or help on how to do this / what to study more would be greatly appreciated!

    I'm trying to make a web scraper that will go to a specific website and get the ingredient list for whatever product the user would type in on my website, and then if the ingredient list has a specific item - ie this pizza is made with this type of cheese, and let the user know what type of cheese. If I want to go this for a few key items, would I just use beautiful soup? Then pass it through with the keyword items for the results?

    Does this make sense? Pretty much I want to make a search engine on my website that would find few words in an ingredient list on another website and show the results for a few key ingredients.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/gaulentmaiden
    [link] [comments]

    Question about return values in C

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    Could someone explain to me what the 2 returns mean in this context?

    Bool CheckValid(string text)

    {

    for (int i = 0, n = strlen(text); i < n; i++ )
    if(!isalpha(text[i]))
    return false;
    return true;

    }

    There are no brackets and if I put them in (below the if statement) i get an error. It runs fine as it is, but I am unsure of how to read this code. Also an explanation of the error of why the return true statement can't be in brackets would be great as well. Thanks

    submitted by /u/VGAGabbo
    [link] [comments]

    Who gets to decide version naming of the project?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    The lead developer? The project manager? The marketing team?

    I'm working for a company developing app for Android. The programming team has no say in naming version. On that matter, the whole company follows a single naming convention, and that naming convention is, to my judgement, meaningless to the programming team & QA

    It feels like a no-brainer to have an argument about this trivial matter. What is it like in your team?

    Sorry if this question doesn't fit the sub, please let me know if that's the case

    submitted by /u/ICantWatchYouDoThis
    [link] [comments]

    GoLang for Amazon Interview

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I have been learning and solving DSA problems for quite awhile now using GoLang. Does Amazon technical interviews allow you to use GoLang during the tech interviews?

    Thank you for your answer!

    submitted by /u/iamjoross
    [link] [comments]

    Swift/Xcode Help: Increasing a number when you press a button

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    Hey all, this should be a pretty simple line of code but I'm totally lost after searching the internet and trying myself. I am just trying to figure out how to count the amount of times I press a button. I have been working with the skeleton code attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I am assuming I need to work in the IBAction func pressButton.

    import UIKit import AudioToolbox extension UIDevice { static func vibrate() { AudioServicesPlaySystemSound(kSystemSoundID_Vibrate) } } class ViewController: UIViewController { u/IBOutlet var mainTitle: UIView! u/IBOutlet var scoreLabel: UIView! u/IBOutlet var pressButton: Any! u/IBAction func pressButton (sender:Any){ UIDevice.vibrate() } override func viewDidLoad() { super.viewDidLoad() // Do any additional setup after loading the view. } } 
    submitted by /u/flarbin
    [link] [comments]

    How does a Posit (Unum) type store data?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Title is TLDR version

    I recently found out about the existence of Posit (or Unum? I'm not really sure but I think Posit refers to type 3 Unum), and because I was curious (and with the promise of 'better way to store a floating point number'), I started researching. Even after reading a wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unum_(number_format)) and this article http://loyc.net/2019/unum-posits.html, I still don't understand how it works. I get that a Posit is supposed to have the structure [sign, regime, exponent, fraction], and that the regime length is variable. But I don't understand what the regime actually do, and how to split the remaining bits between exponent and fraction. Wikipedia also mentions a "Quire" being 'one of the most useful features of posits' but does not explain how it works.

    submitted by /u/theobzs
    [link] [comments]

    Algorithm to find all recipes that can be built using the available resources

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Hey, I want to find an algorithm with good complexity.

    This would be a game where the player has resources, and I want to find all the things that he/she can build.

    So we have for example:

    Pickaxe: Wood, Iron

    Bow: Wood, Rope

    Bonfire: Wood

    Furnace: Stone, Iron

    So then if the user inputs f.ex. (Wood, Iron), then I want to show him/her all the things that can be created with these resources. In this specific case the output would be (Pickaxe, Bonfire).

    With a naive approach, this would have O(n) complexity (where n is the number of all the recipes in the database), but is it possible to improve this complexity? Is there a way to do this with matrices? I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas, or can point me towards a wikipedia page or similar. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/aTadAsymmetrical
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to make a website show you more results per page?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Not google, any search with multiple pages maybe using a tool or anything in a web browser. or that's just unheard of

    submitted by /u/that_spacegoat
    [link] [comments]

    RPI Joy bonnet issues

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    I am at a loss. I've gone through every tutorial and troubleshooting page I can find and am still stuck. I am trying to get the JoyBonnet to work using the gpio pins on my rpi3 b. Im running retropie and everything else is working just fine. Im trying to make a handheld emulator and its kinda riding on this working.

    I will also be using a display connected by this.

    For the basic parts Im using; bonnet, display, rpi, gpio expansion, as well as other basic parts like a 3d printed case, occasional keyboard, SD card, power cable. I only have the rpi and the joy as of right now, the other parts are on the way

    submitted by /u/TheAmazingMrSuit
    [link] [comments]

    How would you advise a non-programmer to chop and rearrange text in a particular way?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    Say you needed to turn 2,000 lines into something slightly different.

    Say, like this:

    "A CAT nachos? #linebreak#eg. I LIKE CHEESE. #linebreak2# #textopen# DOG!#textclose#",

    into

    "DOG nachos? #linebreak# #textopen# A CAT!#textclose#",

    ?

    (Each line has different words for the CAPITALIZED words. The capitalized words are sometimes one or two words long. The first and last ones need to be swapped, the other deleted.)

    I can't think of any quick tool that identifies "the word(s) after this character and before that one".

    Would you outsource such a task? Use Google Docs or Google Sheets? Use Mac's Automator perhaps? Learn a language? Or some online tool?

    I'm interested for myself, but also because I'm guessing people will soon need to manipulate more and more data in their lives - but I wouldn't know how to advise even such a simple task as swapping words.

    Any tips welcome!

    submitted by /u/filmbuffering
    [link] [comments]

    Doubt regarding pull request

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Today I made my first PR. But the problem is with second PR. I created new branch 'branch1' from master branch, made changes and made pr from this branch. Then for another issue, I created 'branch2' made changes and created pr from this branch. But in pr made from branch2, I can see commits that I made in branch1 also. Why? How can I avoid this?

    submitted by /u/rshells
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make a homemade recommendations list?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    This is something that seems simple, but I have no idea how to start and it might be pretty complicated.

    In short, I want to have a program load a random page from a website, check the information (I think this is web scraping, it's just reading the site HTML), then ask me to upvote or downvote the the page. This adds or removes points assigned to each piece of information, so after I'm done "training" it knows what I do and don't like and I can have it only load pages with high total point values.

    I can see how I'd structure it internally, but getting the info, loading the webpages, and displaying the content is what I'm stumped on. The only language I know anything about is C# and that's from working with Unity, so don't be afraid to talk down to me.

    submitted by /u/UncertainOutcome
    [link] [comments]

    Reading check constraints from database using JPA

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Does anyone here know whether there is a way to read the check constraints of a given column by using JPA?

    Specifically for Spring Data JPA and OracleDB 11.

    submitted by /u/NullBrowbeat
    [link] [comments]

    Electron angular app help

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    As the title says, I'm developing an electron angular app and I'm really stuck. None of the resources online have helped and the course I did for my first semester at university didn't give us nearly enough knowledge to help. I'm really frustrated and panicking, and no this isn't some "university homework". Please can someone help me

    submitted by /u/Permabulksquad
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to succeed in a programming or related career with dyscalculia and ADHD?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    "Dyscalculia is a disability resulting in difficulty learning or comprehending arithmetic, such as difficulty in understanding numbers, learning how to manipulate numbers, performing mathematical calculations and learning facts in mathematics. It is sometimes informally known as "math dyslexia"."

    I have that, the thing defined above, alongside ADHD. I really want a career working with software and computers but I'm scared I'll never get anywhere with the trouble I have understanding numbers. My second place career that I want is carpentry or something but that also requires math, albiet a little less I suppose. Does anyone have advice, sympathy, encouragement, anything? I'm only 19 so I have time to decide but this is what I really want to do.

    submitted by /u/GuppiePup
    [link] [comments]

    Really, Really, Really, Really dumb question

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    When do you put the variable in the brakes at the top of a function, where it says "in here"

    Double add(in here){ } 
    submitted by /u/greywolf_18
    [link] [comments]

    Files keep getting created and can't be deleted

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    I ran a line of code and now this folder keeps getting duplicated by the second and I can't delete it. When I try to delete it, it says "Can't delete file because it's in use". I even restarted my laptop but it keeps on duplicating.

    I no longer have the line of code that caused this problem as I was testing out code I found online to get my script to work.

    Here's the script I currently have

    submitted by /u/blacklambo78
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment