• Breaking News

    Friday, July 17, 2020

    what are some great easter eggs you've found/placed in sites? web developers

    what are some great easter eggs you've found/placed in sites? web developers


    what are some great easter eggs you've found/placed in sites?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    I was trying to create an Integer Chipboard but instead I've created this beautiful monster

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Writing prompt: It's Friday at 5:30, you're about to sign off for the week, when suddenly CloudFlare goes down

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Vue v3 Release Candidate

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    How does a site like twitter get hacked?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Day before yesterday twitter was hacked and many super famous accounts posted these bitcoins scams.

    This is not the first time, accounts of celebrities have been hacked before, a lot. How does this happen, I imagine a company where the top minds in computer science work, couldn't let this happen. I don't mean the inner workings of the company I mean the specific technicality of these hacks.

    I mean they would be smart enough to encrypt user details in db. they would block brute force attempts, disable outside plugins that causes interference, block access from routes that originate from an abnormal source, sanitization for xss, I don't know every method in the book but obviously the guys at twitter do. They MUST have covered it right!? The only way I see this happening is phishing but twitter has bought multiple look alike domains already and it's almost impossible to get so many celebrities's social media teams to fall for phishing at almost the same time!? What is going on?

    I read some article on this, it said that someone from twitter was involved. Every site I have made with an account system, I wasn't able to access the site as an existing user. I encrypt everything before storing it. Isn't that the norm? How could even the CEO of twitter access the accounts without passwords, if they did the forget password thing, they still need the email. Also, the security question's answer is encrypted.

    Please help a newbie understand how people can hack a site where literally the best scientists work.

    submitted by /u/BracketLess31
    [link] [comments]

    Nucamp

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Has anyone tried Nucamp? Is it worth it?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/arcanine999
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] I made my portfolio website. My first real web development project. Not as great as other stuff on this sub but this is how much webdev I know. Any feedback is appreciated.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Is this happening with anyone else?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    For most of my life, I have spent my free time playing videogames. My mom disliked this, which is understandable. Fast forward to about a year ago and I started working on web development. I thought I had finally found something my parents wouldn't make me feel horrible about doing. I was learning, being productive, and gaining valuable skills that could help me get a job later on. It turns out I was wrong. I would be productive all day, working on developing my skills, and then at the end of the day, my mom would make me feel bad about my interests, she didn't care what I did, didn't even differentiate, It seems like she views anything on the computer as mindlessly stating at a blank screen. Anybody else have a similar situation?

    submitted by /u/eheheheheheheheheh_
    [link] [comments]

    I added Lighthouse Scores to my Site’s Footer and You Can Too

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    Someone to comment, edit, suggest or help with my BackEnd RoadMap ?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    Creating Web Apps with Databases

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    Hi all

    I spent a lot of time the last couple of weeks to create a CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) MySQL web app utilising cloud infrastructure.

    There was a lot of information online but I had to piece it together from many different sites.

    I'm very much a beginner, so I wanted to share my notes on how to create database web apps from scratch with everybody, as it is an important paradigm in web development and can be too advanced for many of us beginners.

    Hope you enjoy it! It comes it at over 8,000 words, so there's a lot of useful information for beginners like me on it.

    https://medium.com/@ashokkhanna_530/crud-webapp-with-angular-node-js-mysql-5733fd1b8fc4

    submitted by /u/Yava2000
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend me a website builder with which I can export to WordPress

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    I want to make a website, I don't know code and I can't find a fine theme for what I want. I can't make a theme using code, so, is there software that I can use to make themes (or entire website). I need to be free (if possible). Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/kovelj789100
    [link] [comments]

    Getting started with Tailwind CSS

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Rant: does anybody else think the excessive use of hover is degrading the user experience? I sure do.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    [Sorry for the long post, i just took some modafinil a few hours ago.]

    When I'm on a laptop or desktop, there is so much use of hover popups that I feel like my pointer is moving through a mine-field, and one wrong move and I get a screen full of some almost never useful information. Is nobody noticing that this is more disruptive than popups back in the old days or is everybody just on a touch screen device? Now we need hover blockers.

    Examples, on the front page of reddit. For ever post listing, the sub is a hover popup, all the awards, the user, even the time lapsed. When you start scrolling you can be sure you'll trigger one of these when you least expect it.

    Check out https://www.udemy.com/ its constantly smacking you in the face with hover popups.

    Here's another abomination (don't pirate anime) https://www3.dubbedepisodes.co/

    I cant even scroll in twitter without making sure my pointer is safely parked at the left side of the screen.

    If you are using a mac, look at the Finder interface - not a single hover popup - its probably against the apple style guide, if its even possible. I don't know how it is with windows.

    submitted by /u/burtgummer45
    [link] [comments]

    Puppeteer Recorder - a Chrome extension that records your browser interactions and generates a Puppeteer script

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    Web dev courses?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Hey guys, Been learning the basics of front end web development myself. I was looking to enroll in a course (preferably an online one) to better my learning as it's a bit annoying and unstructured finding youtube videos. I saw a course that looked promising by the learningpeople which was a full stack web development course, only I've read a few reviews which sound very off putting. Does anyone know of any good courses that are worth the money and have you job ready by the end of it? Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/Lukell1
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have 3rd party auths like 'Sign up with Google'? on your app

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I'm wondering whether I should allow people to sign up with google or apple as an option. A good reason for allowing is that it's faster onboarding but are there any other implications for allowing google or apple :)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Robot_Impersonator-
    [link] [comments]

    Getting occasional false curl error 6 (couldnt resolve host) errors from my api on a separate server all of a sudden - server hasnt gone down at all - why is this happening?? (PHP)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I am sending a post request from one server to another

    The receiving server is a digital ocean server that runs Ubuntu, Apache and php

    The sending server is has a similar architecture and is also a VPS

    What could be causing this? Server up times are at 100% today, the curl error has to be wrong

    submitted by /u/seodev28
    [link] [comments]

    Shoelace 2.0 - a UI toolkit that works with all frameworks or none at all

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    Frontend Framework

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Hello, i'm a not a web developer, i recently learned and made a project using django and i kinda understand the need of backend framework, like to automate new URL site, making models and login authentication and stuff. Can anyone ELI5 the need of frontend framework, because my project use basic HTML CSS JS and i feel like it's enough for everything.

    submitted by /u/valleyzoo
    [link] [comments]

    My meme generator website, i appreciate your feedback, thanks

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Content-Security-Policy blocked Wordpress Updates

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Creating a map based project that requires multiple admins to review submissions without conflict

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    Sorry for the confusing title. I am making a map based application for tracking fish where users can submit their catches from the main page. The page displayed in the link above is what administrators will see. I threw together the admin tool in like an hour so it's ugly and poorly designed, I will likely switch to a card-based setup kind of like airbnb or something.

    Anyway, there will be a handful of administrators and if there are multiple admins reviewing submissions at the same time, how can I ensure that two admins aren't editing the same submission, and how can I make submissions disappear spontaneously from all the admins screen once an action is taken?

    submitted by /u/Produkt
    [link] [comments]

    Will changing my theme solve these speed issues?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    I recently found out that my website speed is awful. I think it may be from an outdated theme. I'm looking to replace the theme with one that promotes high speeds.

    Would that be a solution?

    submitted by /u/An_Than
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment