• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 14, 2020

    Tiny 8x8 Dungeon Asset Pack (Free!)

    Tiny 8x8 Dungeon Asset Pack (Free!)


    Tiny 8x8 Dungeon Asset Pack (Free!)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    I'm sending my first ever pitch email to publishers. Super nervous about that��. Can anyone please share your experience and tips about pitching to publishers?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    This is my first commercial game, and it's for PC and consoles.

    I need a relatively small amount of funding, marketing, QA, and such.

    I'd love to hear your experience, tips, anecdotes or anything. Thanks!

    By the way, this site was very informative and helpful for making my pitch deck.

    Also this podcast with Callum Underwood is super informative too :D

    submitted by /u/nitoso
    [link] [comments]

    How much c++ should I know before developing a 2d game like mario in sdl2?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    I'm a begginer in c++ with basic programming knowledge (not oop). I felt bored learning c++ so I decided to start a project then only I feel motivated to learn and work. What are your suggestions to me and how much should I need to know before starting to work on games like mario. And other than c++ and sdl2 what are the various tools should I know?

    submitted by /u/_sky_walker
    [link] [comments]

    If you haven't seen this GDC talk about Spiderweb Software yet then watch it! Really informative.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Introducing Boba Simulator 2020! Check out our technical blog post detailing the misadventures of two senior web developers trying to learn game dev.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    Unreal Engine simple procedural generation tutorial (Blueprint)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Build, Rig, and Animate Characters with Mixamo (Link in the comments)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    Hi! I've organised spontaneously a Jam about making a game or any asset in Defold with prizes! If you would like to join - the link is in the comment ;) It's a 2 week long jam starting this Saturday

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Hello, might you give me feedback on this environment design? I want to improve lighting, realism, maybe the choice of colors?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Rhythm game improvement help

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    Hello guys I started making a rhythm game for a final school project. So far I've made this. I know I need to sync and make a lot of more notes. But how would you improve it visually and gameplay-wise? Stuff like background, note sprites , effects and stuff? Really need help for this one!

    Have a good day!

    https://reddit.com/link/hr1c5p/video/0mjmgi11pta51/player

    submitted by /u/PauloSecundino
    [link] [comments]

    Creator of Braid and The Witness, Jonathan Blow, is currently giving a live talk on games and the future of education

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    Any game ideas like the game "Little Nightmares"?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Hi! So I done a lot small private projects and I really wanna try and do something a little bigger and more serious. I really wanna make a game that has similar feel to it like the game "Little Nightmares". The problem is I can't come up with any story idea. If you guys have any idea for a horror 3D side-scroller game it would help me so much! I'm not asking anyone to write a whole story for my game I just need a little help to start with.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/lukaspiderman1
    [link] [comments]

    Canyon Rush

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Me & my brother released our first game! He did the development and I did the design. It's an infinite runner where the main character is a cowboy which has to slide or jump over obstacles.

    You can play on the link in the comments (it's compatible on both pc & phone). Give it a rating here in the comments. Hope you like it!

    also tell me your highscore lol, mine is 2210m

    https://reddit.com/link/hr79mj/video/7dzm7rknbva51/player

    submitted by /u/daniellemnaru
    [link] [comments]

    Unreal Engine for Next-Gen Games | Unreal Fest Online 2020

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Beast Master - Development Update 5 - Territory System

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Entering this world

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Daemmit and I'm new in the world of game development. I want to tell you my story and why I want to become a developer. Before I decided to do it, I was only concerned about music. I was an hip hop producer and i was really happy with my works. One day, a bad fact happened and I had an argument with the people I made music with. I was sad, really sad. I then lost support also of my friends, I remained alone but I didn't give up. This helped me realizing what my dream is: I want to make a game and cure his soundtrack. In the specific, I would like to make an RPG. I don't know why I wrote this, I just wanted to share my story with you. Also, if you want some help with your game soundtrack, I am happy to help you. Just text me, and we can work together. Thanks for the patience, hope to find some nice people in here!

    submitted by /u/flaviettoseh
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best way to get into game development?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Tech-Debt's in the Asset-ImporterLIb

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Hi,

    after working for several years on the Asset-Importer-Lib I wrote a blog-post about our technical debt caused by mistakes I made. It also says some words how to address these topics.

    https://medium.com/legacycode/tech-depts-in-assimp-a99ea8af77c1

    Enjoy the read!

    submitted by /u/kimkulling
    [link] [comments]

    UE4 Marketplace - Publisher's Revenge?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    Since sellers on Unreal Engine marketplace have user details such emails which is extremely wtf-full and no other storefront in the world be it Steam, Itch, Playstation, shows emails of their customers to publishers.

    How can we ensure that a publsher is not going to dox & attack a customer for a negative review? I am honestly scared to review anything truthfully and provide a honest feedback.

    submitted by /u/FuckReddit99987
    [link] [comments]

    Where to get BGFX documentation

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    I'm creating a 2D game engine similar to the design of Undertale, and I decided to use BGFX as a 2D rendering library. The only problem is, I can't find any documentation for this thing. All I want is a way to draw 2D sprites and basic graphics primitives.

    Is there any place I can find detailed documentation around BGFX specifically regarding 2D? I really don't want to have to re-write my renderer.

    submitted by /u/girbotzim
    [link] [comments]

    Top Down Shooter Controller with Input System - Unity Tutorial

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Next part of my Multi-player tutorial series, Player Camera + UI! Come check it out

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Unity keeps crashing whenever I tried to bake (Generate Light)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    I have complete architecture model which have 2500000 polygons. I am trying to generate light in unity but the unity is keep crashing. I have clear the cache and have performed different light setting which was useful to some extent, as unity now perform baking process for little more time. Below are the image current lightning setting:
    1) Light generate setting

    2) Light generate setting
    Below are the pc specs on which baking is generating:
    1) Dell Workstation T5500
    2) 12 GB RAM
    3) Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4 GB

    submitted by /u/Haziq12345
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment